Create Account

Sleepy’s Season 35 Regular Season Roundup sorry its a bit late

Code:
1219 words ready for grading :)

Sleepy’s Season 35 Regular Season Roundup

Wow! That regular season sure just flew by, did it not? It seems just like yesterday I was drafted and I saw the awesome sights of Prince George for the first time.

As for the league as a whole, I want to look at all the teams and see if they lived up to expectations this season. Here’s a look at how it went!

Detroit Falcons: 22-25-3
[Image: 9aoajl.png]

Aaaaaaaand we are not off to a great start. The Falcons did not continue their success from last season, in fact they fell incredibly short. They missed the playoffs, by only a small margin of 2 points, sources tell me their first line center is asking for a trade, and to sum up their season this is what Kris had to say about it:

Quote:Pretty Shit

I think it is fair to say the Falcons were about as entertaining as your average CBS sitcom this season, and it is worth noting that it seems like they gave up on their season in the final stretch. The Falcons failed to have anyone in the top 10 of goals scored, shots taken, and plus minus. Detroit usually holds their teams to high standards and the fans stand by that assertion; a 22-25-3 campaign is mediocre and they demand more from their team.

Halifax Raiders: 19-30-1
[Image: 2efkc9h.png]

The Halifax Raiders were actually a more entertaining team than they had any right to be, and they were competitive in a lot of their games during the season especially through the final stretch and especially so during the 5-1 rout of Prince George during the last game of the regular season. They have themselves a good coach, a set of great GMs, and a lovable group of young rookies who look keen to hit the ground running and make the playoffs next year. Truth be told, I think they will be very competitive as their horde of active rookies approach the cap. Someone should come in and make a rule saying that a team can not have that many capped players! Here is what rookie captain Lukas Muller had to say:

Quote:Picked up at the end there. Got off to a rocky start, but when you play the top 2 teams 12 of your first 15 games, that is to be expected

Montreal Militia: 22-20-8
[Image: pG62e95.png]

Well, I do not think Montreal had much to regret this season. They drafted some solid rookies and had a decent regular season posting a 22-20-8 record good for fourth in the league. The Militia’s young core is indeed promising and they were one of the most fun to watch in the league, but the jury is still out as to what they will look like next season and the direction they are heading in the future. As long as their defense continues to trend upwards and their offense stays not horrid, they should have a bright future.

St Louis Scarecrows: 34-13-3
[Image: 10yfkgy.jpg]

The Crows should not feel too bad about this one. They improved marginally through key additions of Tigole Bitties and Roman Augustus. What worries me is they were only marginally better than the sixth seed Colorado Mammoths in terms of offensive production. Favorited to win the cup this year, the Crows are going to need some stellar defensive play and goalkeeping to make that happen. Though they did trade for John Langabeer to help their offense they still fell short to Vancouvers 163 combines goals this season. After a tough cup final loss last year, the Crows hope to make up for that this year. Will we see riots or parties in the streets of St Louis later this month?

Colorado Mammoths: 23-24-3
[Image: do3195.png]

A starting lineup that looked quite solid on paper blew up in their own faces. They started the season on a high note but ended on a low and made their way into the playoffs; not with a roar, but with a whimper. Parts of their regular season were complete success and others were utter disasters. If Jekyll and Hyde were a hockey team, you would be looking right at it. Finn Kruger wound up with a very respectable shooting percentage of 17.65% but Colorado looks to be a solid C- to C+ team at best with only a few building blocks to build a contender on. However, their offensive production proves to be promising and could provide a bright point for the future of their franchise.

Kelowna Knights: 24-23-3
[Image: 25jl5i9.png]

Although they will not admit it, the Knights are the Hyde to the Jekyll of Colorado. Posting very similar results throughout the regular season and losing a key scorer in Langabeer to St Louis. Through that move, it almost looked like the Knights were giving up on their season but their #willtowin proved to be too much for the rest of the league and they triumphantly fought their way into the 5th seed for the S35 playoffs. The Knights got an excellent season out of their newly added rookies and they will prove to be a bright spot for the seasons to come.

Prince George Firebirds: 24-22-4
[Image: 2wcqpp3.png]

Not much better than the two aforementioned teams, at one point this season the Firebirds owned soul possession of last place. However, when their defense woke up, and with a little help of some timely secondary scoring, the Firebirds rocketed up to 3rd place where they finished the season. Another team with marginal improvements with the additions of rookies Vyskoc and Konig, they will look to add even more depth scoring in the coming offseason as they look to make a push deep into the playoffs and a Four Star Cup victory for their soon to be called up goaltender.

Vancouver Whalers: 32-15-3
[Image: XPCRmw8.png]

Last, bust certainly not least, the Vancouver Whalers. Call me crazy, but this team looks primed to make a deep run into the playoffs and nothing will give them more joy than curb stomping their opposition on their way like they did through the regular season this year. With a solid crop of rookies and stellar GMs this team will always be a threat and look to prove that again this year. Very little will stand in their way as they prepare for the playoffs. There really is not much else to say about this team, but look for them and do not be surprised if they are raising the cup at the end of the playoffs this season.

Season 35 saw the onset of a lot of really, really good rookies. This being a reddit class, the S35 SMJHL draft saw a slew of really talented and active rookies. Early on in the process, it was really hard to tell who would stay active and who would be a bust. An odd, albeit interesting, SMJHL regular season has come to an end. A team full of lovable rookies came in last place. Forwards and defensemen alike missed shots at a staggering rate. The Four Star Cup winning team did not making the playoffs. We had a rookie defenseman lead in shooting percentage. All in all, it was a very entertaining season and so far, the playoffs have been even more exciting.

Here are the the final regular season standings and the power rankings at the end of the regular season.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2017-07-20_at_3.22.57_PM.png]

[Image: Screen_Shot_2017-07-20_at_3.23.14_PM.png]

Cheers

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |

Cheers

#Will2Win
#Will>Skill

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Whalers nice write up!

Stampede Citadelles  [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]  Citadelles Stampede
[Image: goilers.gif]

Wow fk kris. Can't win a cup without me. Angry

[Image: capybar22_600.png]