Create Account

Riot unveil new logo

SEATTLE RIOT ANNOUNCEMENT

Seattle Riot present new logo

[Image: 564470b9398795_33047772.jpeg]
Riot GM Vsevolod Nikitin addresses the SHL media pool

SEATTLE, WA - Among all the chaos, struggle, and criticism thrown at the Seattle Riot in the days leading up to and past the tampering punishment levied against their new GM Vsevolod Nikitin and the team, there seems to be a weird bright spot. "Our team has been focusing on the next day and taking things one step at a time," says Nikitin in a press conference with the local Seattle reporters' association. "These folks have been nothing but supportive, though at times extremely curious and rightfully questioning what the direction of the team will be moving forward. I think we're all on the same page at this point, and my hope is that some moves in the offseason put us in the right place."

These responses are all a side conversation to the main topic, however, of the round-up. To the right of the front podium stood a presentation easel with... something on it, that was covered in a nice black veil. "We want today to not focus on what's happened recently, but to more indicate the new direction we intend to head toward," says Co-GM Cory Knouse, introducing the public to the image behind the veil in a grand sweeping motion.

[Image: Seattle-Riot-Logo.png?width=300&height=300]
The new logo of the Seattle Riot

"When Slava and I started talking about the way we want to proceed with our team, one of the topics of interest that came up was the logo. Yes, the Riot flame is an iconic part of SHL lore, but there was something that.. didn't match up with what we wanted for ourselves," Knouse stated to the quiet murmur of pencils to paper and soft camera flashes. "This logo, provided by <a href='index.php?showuser=2683' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-71'>NourFFAK</a> Design LLC., gave us a clean look that we want to bring to the forefront of our public image. When talking with the artist, it was clear we want to keep parts of the old logo that made it unique, like the silhouette of the Seattle skyline in the backdrop and the iconic tower and flame. We also wanted to keep the color scheme, though there was thought of switching to a more green scheme early on, we quickly fell in love with the way this looked."

As Knouse sat back down to field some questions about any more work the Riot had in store for their image, Slava interjected, "We do need to coordinate with the SHL and make sure we have this new logo branded correctly across the league: banners, buttons, the whole 9 yards. We want to have this used in anything Riot-related going forward." More questions came regarding other small topics and a few rehashed questions about the appeal ruling and the new implementation of ex post facto punishments in the SHL, but the point was clearly made with the centerpiece story: the Riot's new logo signified a change in mindset and drive that will trickle down from the management to the squad being assembled.

No word on what other moves will be happening in the offseason with the Riot besides those already announced. "We are optimistic about our options in the offseason," was the tag line given from Knouse as the GM tandem exited the stage.

Grader note: please give all proceeds of this article to NourFFAK as part of his compensation for designing this logo

COMMENT BELOW

Looks much better than the last one, which was a weird tall shape

But now 7/12 SHL logos are encased in some kind of circle...

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JumpierPegasus@Jul 23 2017, 07:44 PM
Looks much better than the last one, which was a weird tall shape

But now 7/12 SHL logos are encased in some kind of circle...
Hahah 12 teams what an old fart

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]
[Image: KPt6Yuu.png]

Looks pre good tbh

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

Quote:Originally posted by WannabeFinn@Jul 23 2017, 03:47 PM

Hahah 12 teams what an old fart
I personally like to pretend expansion never happened...

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

I like it.

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

Nice Toronto alternatives

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

I see the Space Needle has gone Super Saiyan.

The Seattle Gokus.

[Image: eyM9Y3U.png]

[Image: 2gotrRl.png]

a good move by plardy! wow! great work nour bb

júnior Guarda
Throat Goat

Looks great, although I do agree that the league as a whole has too many circle logos these days. That's in no way specifically an issue with this one, though.

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]

Hmm looks familiar...

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43

Better than the last one, but too many circles now lol

[Image: 6Xj1IWG.png]

Player Page || Update Thread || Signatures

[Image: PoQh1Wx.png] [Image: rmu9FS0.png][Image: VxdFjLy.png][Image: QKcW3J4.png] [Image: RoypPRF.png]

muy caliente

nice work Nour!

RenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsa
[Image: GkHz3HI.png]

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]

was expecting:

[Image: dumpsterfire.png]

nice logo though

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

I dig it. I was never crazy about the old one. This is slicker.

Still awfully phallic though. Wink

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]