Create Account

Smirnov to hit Free Agency | EoS

<div align="center">
[Image: 459179886aleshemsky.jpg]

Ales Smirnov season once again came to an abrupt ending after losing in 5 games to the Toronto Northstars. However, this offseason will be different for Ales Smirnov as he will test free agency for the first time in 13 seasons. In his past 13 seasons ales Smirnov has totaled 654 regular season games, for a total of 499 points. Smirnov is coming off his best season where he recorded 60 points in 50 games, good for 5th in league scoring. Despite being 5th in league scoring Ales had a decisive lead in points per 20 minutes over the other skaters. Out of the 4 skaters ahead of him in points, only the leagues leading scorer Ace Redding finished in the top 10 with 0.99, in comparisons to Smirnovs 1.24 Smirnov was the only skater in the top 10 to have less the 20 minutes played per game. The 4 skaters above him however, had all played 27 minutes or more per game. Which relates to an extra 400 minutes off the course of the season.
In conclusion, arguably this seasons most efficient player will be hitting the open market.

Here is what Ales had to say on the topic:

[Image: cut.jpeg]

“The past two seasons have been a whirlwind for me, moving on from the team that drafted me to arguably the top dogs in the east was insane. I never really stood out in West Kendall, I never really took that next step, until the season they traded me at the deadline. I was having my best season for the platoon, but with playoffs looking slim I asked for a change. After moving onto New England I picked up right where I left off, finishing the season with 49 points. We fell short in playoffs that season, but to be honest I wasn’t too upset about it. Moving into this season I found a real connection with my line mates, the great Russell, and Deets. Without them this season I would not have been able to accomplish what I did. Ultimately we fell short in playoffs again, and this one stung. Moving on to the offseason, I look forward to testing free agency for the first time, and seeing what kind of offers come my way. I am by no means ruling out NEW, as I have no complaints about playing here, and would happily return if I believe it is the best option for me to get a cup. My decision on where I play will fall heavily on the teams chances of winning a cup.”
</div>

Ales will now answer any questions.

<a href='index.php?showuser=2005' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-56'>CRUTCHFIELD</a>

Quote:"team rankings?"

Ill probably doing another article later on with more thought out rankings. For the time being its pretty lame to be honest. I havent really done any research on any of the teams yet, but at the time being there is no real team that has a big advantage on landing me. Obviously NEW is near the top since they are always competitive, and I just had my best season there. The thing that is going to stand out is the pitch / previous seasons on the teams chance of winning the cup. Once I look into that a little more, Ill get ya a better rankings =p

<a href='index.php?showuser=1290' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>vbottas17</a>

Quote:What type of role are you looking for?

Who will play the longest from the S22* class?

Who is your favorite SHL draft eligible prospect?

I know after this seasons regression Ill take another decent hit, and probably be looking at a second, or third line role. I played 19 minutes a game in NEW, if I can get around 16 minutes this season ill be happy.

Not many of us left from S22, at this point I dont think its really a question. Nucks player is still super competitive, and I think he'll last the longest. Big manious is close, but I give the edge to nuck.

Not even going to answer this question. Stopped following the draft to be honest since i stepped down from a GM role in west kendall.

<a href='index.php?showuser=925' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Ghostspeed</a>

Quote:in your 13 seasons was there ever a time in any of those where you looked at the stats and seriously said "I'm Done."?

Since you mentioned Ace Redding would consider playing on the same team together?

Honestly, I havent reached that point yet. Im getting pretty close though I think. Once my effectiveness starts dropping ill probably call it. Maybe two seasons?

The rage are an interesting team, I never really liked them. But I never really gave them a chance to be honest. Kez is a good guy, so theres a chance.

<a href='index.php?showuser=1630' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-43'>Kevin "Juice" Bieksa</a>

Quote:As Russell has officially retired from the game as a player, do you think you can replicate the same success you had with Dieter and a new center if you were to resign?

Besides you, NEW also has 2 other star wingers rumored to be heading to FA; Silverwing and Bure. Do you'll think they'll resign?

If they were to stay or leave NEW, would that affect your decision?

Im going to regress forsure. This was my first season having over a point per game, so ill prob take a big drop. 30-40 points if I had to take a shot in the dark.

If I had to guess, id assume they'd resign. They play a large part for the team, and they've also experienced what it feelings like to win the cup.
If they were to leave it would be a huge factor in me resinging with NEW. Ive stated it multiple times, that my only goal is to win the cup. If they leave, NEW loses a lot of star power; obviously lowering their chances of wining the cup.

[Image: Oats.gif]

[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

How does Smirnov feel he looks in the color yellow?

[Image: ZIFmexT.png]

[Image: XigYVPM.png]

Smirnov to Platoon
S36: 5 mill

Let's make it happen

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Tanner@Jul 24 2017, 07:49 PM

A little like Big Bird actually.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

very neat

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by r1c3bowl22@Jul 24 2017, 07:52 PM
Smirnov to Platoon
S36: 5 mill

Let's make it happen

Rice to GOMHL
S36: deez nuts

It's already happening

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Ohtaay more like GOATaay but not to be confused with GOATse

Hmm Smirnov in red....

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43

Tbh Oats never changed his sig from WKP like me. So, I predict, also like me....he'll return to the team that drafted him.

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

--------------------
Player Page | Updates

Quote:Originally posted by r1c3bowl22@Jul 24 2017, 08:10 PM
Tbh Oats never changed his sig from WKP like me. So, I predict, also like me....he'll return to the team that drafted him.

Does that mean he'll leave two more times too

We promise to stock the WKP locker room fridge with plenty of eggnog.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

Whatever happens in free agency, the past season and a quarter have been an absolute pleasure Cheers

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

Quote:Originally posted by Bojo@Jul 24 2017, 08:13 PM

Does that mean he'll leave two more times too
I dunno, do you plan on trading him?

--------------------
Player Page | Updates

All answer whatever questions, since I need some cashhhhh.

[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Tanner@Jul 24 2017, 05:49 PM

Macaroni and cheese is yellow, and I Iike that... if that counts.