Create Account

MC's not gonna MC 2.11: Write-Up

Hey, this is going to be quick, I really don't want to leave the pod community hanging, as y'all have been kind to me, but I really haven't found the motivation to sit through another one of these and talk it out for right now.

Quote:Originally posted by Coach Biz+Jul 11 2017, 11:55 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (Coach Biz @ Jul 11 2017, 11:55 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Questions for your next MC pod!

Should HO be in charge of firing GMs if there character or performance is at a level lower then it should be?[/b]

That's not something we as GMs are really allowed to have an opinion on. That's an HO thing, and I think the eventual answer to that question is what qualifies as lower level? Making rules about qualitative guidelines instead of right/wrong right lines is dangerous, because that type of power is easy to abuse.

Quote:Originally posted by Coach Biz@Jul 11 2017, 11:55 AM<br />Thoughts on the IIFA and if  it's currently as good and or as exciting as it can be?
- would you make any changes?

IIHF has never been as exciting as it [i]could be, but we're getting new GMs and it seems like the HO is getting stuff done. We'll see what happens. There's a lot that could be done, but it'd require a lot of conversation and manipulation of the SHL regular season, and I think no one wants that, especially for a tertiary interest on the site.

Quote:Originally posted by Avakael@Jul 18 2017, 05:59 AM<br />Under what circumstances do you believe a GM should be sacked by H.O.?

I've always been of the opinion that if someone tampers while being a GM, they should be fired (I know). Other than that, mainly just not doing your job. It's the same with anything: can't meet deadlines? Guess what, someone else can, we're hiring them.

Quote:Originally posted by Avakael@Jul 18 2017, 05:59 AM<br />Who would you like to see elected to H.O. this offseason?

People who agree that ex post facto punishment is a dangerous precedent for a governing body to enforce.

Quote:Originally posted by Avakael@Jul 18 2017, 05:59 AM<br />What picks does Seattle have this draft? Who are you hoping to get with them? (If you can't answer this one, that's cool).

We got 2 2nds and 2 3rds that we're working with IIRC, and at this point, we're looking to fill shoes and have a seamless transition when some of our older players retire. Locker room fits are priority one.

Quote:Originally posted by Avakael@Jul 18 2017, 05:59 AM<br />This thread came up on r/hockey today, suggesting that the owner of the Houston Rockets selling up apparently significantly increases the chance of Houston getting a team in the future. As a Houston resident, how would you feel about having a local team? Would you cheer for it over the team you already support now?

I'm not sure about this one... I think in the end, Les Alexander might want a team, and Houston could support one, but I'd stick with my Stars. I've loved them too long to change colors, especially for an expansion franchise. It would be cool to see an NHL game in Houston, though, and I'd support them as a secondary team.

Quote:Originally posted by Avakael@Jul 18 2017, 05:59 AM<br />Any word on when we finally get DFL scores, or what the plan is for how many players we get to keep / redraft?

Nope. I don't have the want to update. If you want to take over, by all means, do so. Just chalk it up as yet another failed c Fantasy idea...

Quote:Originally posted by Slappydoodle@Jul 18 2017, 05:06 PM<br />So, I guess your appeal was denied. I'd love to know what that conversation was like and any of the other info coming down from the HO, at least as much as you feel you can talk about. How did they  justify punishing you for not breaking any rules?

Hopefully you get the inside scoop when you're elected Smile and you know as much as I do. I sent in my appeal, they posted their ruling. That's that, unfortunately.

Quote:Originally posted by Slappydoodle@Jul 18 2017, 05:06 PM<br />Is it hot as balls where you are now? I'm guessing yes. How do you deal with the heat down there and what is your non-work summertime attire like?

Yes, Houston is muggy AF right now. It's goddamn ridiculous. I deal with the heat by sweating uncontrollably and wearing the wrong clothing, so jeans and a button-up shirt most days Smile) luckily, I work inside now, otherwise I'd be in mesh shorts and a tshirt if I worked outside like before. I guess I usually wear my button-downs with rolled up sleeves to the elbows, and most days I'll wear cargo shorts with a shirt or maybe a button-down. Whatever feels good inside, because you bet your ass I'm staying inside as long as I can.

<!--QuoteBegin-Bonk[/i]@Jul 18 2017, 07:38 PM
What were you thinking?[/quote]

At this point, I really don't remember. I had such little intent behind the post that I don't remember having an agenda or anything behind the post. I can assure you I wasn't thinking it was a punishable post.

Thanks as always to <a href='index.php?showuser=2585' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Coach Biz</a>, <a href='index.php?showuser=2271' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>Avakael</a>, <a href='index.php?showuser=1546' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Slappydoodle</a>, and <a href='index.php?showuser=1478' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Bonk</a> for the questions. Sorry it's not the real deal this time, I've just kind of lost motivation right now...

To the grader, feel free to grade this as a presser as I know it's just me answering questions.

Keep your chin up slugger. Cheers

It's about picking yourself up, dusting yourself off and getting back in the ring.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

Do not let the man keep you down.

[Image: tumblr_o84yyr5Bfb1sb13b0o1_500.gif]

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

Cheers

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria