Create Account

Get to knowski Bar Downski

Code:
Ready for Grading - 3645 Word Count

Whattup everyone!

I wanted to take some time to do a fun media post here where I can answer questions directed towards both Bar Downski the future SHL legend and the man behind the scenes. I would greatly appreciate it if you kind folks could ask some questions or start a discussion (posted below) and I could stop by periodically and answer them! I would love for this to spin out of control and have a long fun media post to look back on!

A few good topics of discussion:
#1 - My player build / future plans
#2 - SHL Related topics of discussion
#3 - Anything regarding the New Jersey Devils
#4 - Any NHL Related News/Analysis
#5 - Fantasy Hockey Analysis/Questions
#6 - Fantasy Football Analysis/Questions
#7 - Video Game Stuff
#8 - Dank Memes
#9 - Poems containing Downski rhymes/Songs altered to rhyme with Downski
#10 - Anything you want to know!

Thanks in advance!
===================================================

<a href='index.php?showuser=1766' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>karlssens</a>
Quote:
Fantasy: Pasternak or pacioretty, which winger do I keep!?
Categories = G, A, P, +/-, PPP, shots, PIMS.

I really like Pacioretty as a player but I think he doesnt have as much potential as Pasta in the long run. He shots the puck ALOT and usually has more goals than assists.. He is pretty streaky over the years and I remember owning him 2 years ago and wishing i could trade him for a bag of pucks during the MTL collapse that year.

After looking at last years stats I was pretty surprised to see that Pasta had nearly as many SOG as Pacioretty as well as a very similar goal scoring production. I would keep Pasta in this situation as he is younger and he is also a RW. I've found its alot easier to find LW's through the season on waivers and RWs seem to be harder to find. Given they have very similar production, and the fact that you are in a keeper league I would definitely keep Pasta. There is more of a risk that Pasta doesn't repeat.. but given the keeper league deal, I'd stick with him over the older guy. Hopefully I'm right!

<a href='index.php?showuser=2585' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Coach Biz</a>

Quote:Nasty Naz kadri, one of the more under rated players in the NHL and in fantasy hockey ...
Thoughts on that?

After last year he is more on my radar in fantasy then in past years as he has seemed to step up and snag 61 points jumping up from 45 and 39 in the 2 years prior. He might be underrated from a fantasy perspective but I'm not sure I agree from an NHL perspective. I wouldn't be surprised if he was passed over by the new group of rookies on the team leadership wise. I haven't had the opportunity to watch him much outside of the playoffs against the Caps where I feel he made himself look like a immature kid again. I cant point to specific scenarios but I remember being pissed off at him for doing dumb shit outside the play and that knee on knee or knee to leg hit he did on Ovechkin really rubbed me the wrong way. I understand that you want to get physical and get underneath the opponents skin and that maybe the best chance the Leafs had to win that series was push the Caps off their game I just didn't like the way he held himself on the ice the more I watched that series. I was rooting for TML because who doesn't like and underdog and my boy Lou is the GM over there so it has nothing to do with some sort of TML hatred or anything... he also has one of those faces :lol: .

<a href='index.php?showuser=2241' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>NYRangers3061</a>

Quote:What's your favorite part of being on the Raiders?

#1 The Locker Room is GREAT! Everyone on the team is awesome to chat with any point of the day and is super helpful when it comes to getting acclimated to the league. I'm really excited for this next season to see what we can do now that we have all grown as players considering we had 8 or 9 rookies in our top 2 lines (including defense). I especially enjoyed how the team relied upon me to put up point on the first line and that Bar Downski delivered with a respectable performance. I know its not all about points... but given how much I enjoy Fantasy Sports it was really cool and fun to put together a player and watch the progression through the season. We really started to turn it it on as the season progressed and I think that is an indication that good things will come to us. Hopefully we can keep the core together and not lose too many players to call ups after next season.

Quote:How are you liking your time on the site so far?
The site is amazing. It is truly an accomplishment how the community works and through the job system everyone can contribute and enjoy some fun! It really was mind blowing to me how everything works and I'm super happy I stumbled upon this gem of a community. I tried to convince some of my friends to join but I guess they aren't as big of a hockey nerd as me =-)

Quote:
Why are you a Devils fan? Devils suck (and don't even bring up 2012 http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/ton...ue0021.gif ).
2 Reasons:
#1 - New Jersey born and raised
#2 - I played youth travel hockey for many years as a youngin for the the New Jersey Devils Youth Hockey Club. All of our home games and practices were at the NJ Devils practice rink. Often after our games the Devils would practice and it was so fun to watch them and sometimes head outside their locker room and get autographs.
#3 - Fun (long winded) story about 2012: ( I don't mean this as a F U Rangers thing although I'm pretty sure it will cause you PTSD)
As I stated in #1 and #2 my love for the Devils goes way back to when I was a little kid (I'm 31 now). I grew up playing as them, watching them, and going to many games with my Dad. I was the first in my family to get into playing/watching hockey and my pops never played and was never super into it, but he grep up in NY as a kid. I can't count how many games we went to together and all the memories we shared watching the Devils. When I was 17 my parents split up and after a few years my Dad ended up moving to NYC. Obviously this sucked ass.. not cause he lived closer to the stanky Rangers, but because getting in and out of the city can be a royal pain in the ass sometimes. Well over the years that he has lived in NYC (about 10 years now) and due to the fact that we don't watch hockey too much anymore he has slowly turned back to his NY roots and has rooted for the rangers (only because he is a bandwagon fan) and roots for "Any NY team that's in it". I give him shit for it all the time cause it wasn't like he was a Rangers fan before being a Devils fan with me.. and I believe that you should pick a team and stick with it... part of me doesn't blame him because the one team he is loyal to is the NY Jets and FUCK THAT SHIEEEEEEEEEEEEET ..... NOOOOOOOW fast forward a few years to 2012... After going to 2 Panthers playoff games in Round 1 with a bunch of my friends, my Pops caught wind and snagged us some tickets to Game 3 or 4 of the Devs vs Flyers. We had a blast as normal. After the Devs defeated the filthy Flyers and moved onto the Rangers we talked about going to see one of those games. He snagged us tickets to Game 6 at the Rock and I couldn't have been more excited. It was actually pretty funny to see how conflicted my Dad was when he was trying to decide who to root for but i could tell he was hoping the rangers would win. After the Devils went up 2-0 in the first period he looked at me (and I could tell he was a little sad) and said "Hey, guess its over huh".. i laughed at him and I said "Man you really haven't watched many Devils games lately.. this isn't even close to over". When the Rangers started to rally back and eventually tied the game.. I was freaking the fuck out.. i Turned to him and said "I told you so" as soon as the 3rd period ended and It went to overtime.... THATS WHEN THE MAGIC HAPPENED... Probably the most memorable/happiest moment in my life that I can remember was when Henrique scored that goal..more memorable than graduating high school, graduating college. getting married.. you name it.. I don't care if its weird and I'm not afraid to admit it.. I can't explain it but the feeling in the building after that goal is something I will remember forever.. looking up at a Sea of Red for once (usually the rock is filled with more Ranger fans than Devil fans)
.. everyone yelling in excitement and unified for the same goal was an unreal thing
[Image: henrique-it-s-over-o.gif]

<a href='index.php?showuser=2638' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-17'>TheDangaZone</a>

Quote:Top 10 mock draft?
1. Evok
2. PB
3. Muller
4. Downski
5. Nour
6. Danga
7. Loco
8. Boyka
9. Clint
10. Sleepyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Quote:Top 3 destinations in the SHL?
I don't really have a top team at the moment. I'm open to any team willing to give me some solid Ice time (After a SMJHL season or 2)

<a href='index.php?showuser=2646' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-59'>Sleepy</a>

Quote:Do you like Kebabs?
I love meat in my mouth

Quote:Do you like pizza? If so, what pizza toppings do you like?
Pizza is life. I worked at a NJ pizzeria for 8 years so I'm spoiled A F in this regard. I normally enjoy a nice plain pie, but i can get down with some bacon + onion or a nice margherita pie

Quote:If you could play for another other SMJHL team and why is it Prince George?
[Image: N4frPXHRs7-2.png]

<a href='index.php?showuser=2724' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>bluesfan55</a>

Quote:Your ideal destination for the SHL draft?
No clue buddy =/

Quote:Favorite Raider?
Gotta be my boy <a href='index.php?showuser=2644' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-17'>Loco</a> ... would definitely be Larry Enticer if he was active... JUST GUNNNA SEND ITTTTTTTTTTT

Quote:Top 5 underrated prospects for said draft?
To be honest it's really hard for me to assess value here.. I'm a very statistics based guy when it comes to that stuff (why i love FFB and FH) and I have 0 clue the needs of teams and how the player builds might benefit in the SHL.

Quote:I am from New Jersey yet I'm not a Devils fan (I live closer to Philadelphia). Why should I like the Devils?
#1 - Because you live in New Jersey
#2 - Tickets are CHEAP AS FACK
#3 - Good time to hop on the bandwagon now before we are at the top of the League! :D :D

<a href='index.php?showuser=2644' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-17'>Loco</a>

Quote:where do you feel like you're going to be drafted? anywhere you're particularly excited about?
I would be pretty happy to be drafted top 10 for the bragging rights =P. To be honest I haven't picked out a destination yet as life has picked up lately and I haven't had the time to do my research on all of the teams. I've only spoken with the teams that have reached out and I have had good talks with them =)

Quote:how much do you believe in the halifax raiders going all the way next week?

Next week? If you mean next year WE GON BE #RaidinTheShip NEXT YEAR BOIII... I'm super pumped for next season and I truly think we can do some serious work. LETS FACKIN GO BOIIS raiders raiders raiders raiders raiders

Quote:a lot of the late 90's star teams are now out of the playoffs or on the edge of them, what move do you think the devils needs to make to get back into contention? also, remember 2012? good times

Good old 2012.. I was actually in LA during that game and had the pleasure of watching Steve Bernier rape Rob Scuderi from behind at a LA bar and listening to all the kings fans freaking out ..god dam that sucked.. Also games 1 and 2 could have gone either way...great series tho.

As far as getting back into playoff contention.. I think its pretty clear that although I LOVE the Taylor Hall trade it left a hole in our defense that needs to be filled. I'm sure if Taylor walks after his contract is up many people will look back and call for Shero's head saying it was a bad trade. I disagree, I think having Hall for whatever time we will influence our offensive players in a good direction. Obviously I hope he stays, but if we don't get our shit together in the next 3 seasons I would not blame him for leaving. He has been on a losing team his whole career... that being said.. if we were to win RIGHT NOW.. we need a top 4 D man, or maybe 2 because Andy Greene is getting old.. we have some promise on D in the youngins... but they will need to develop sooner rather than later for Hall to stay. There is a small chance in hell we can toss money at John Carlson next year.. but I'm not banking on it.. Also I'm super happy that we did not sign Kevin Shattenkirk... we need someone that is better on Defense not an offensive defense man.

Quote:what are your thoughts on pierre?

Fuckin Pierre... its a love hate thing... I get it.. he is annoying A F sometimes.. but its truly impressive the shit that the guy can remember and bring up at a moments notice. He is truly great at his job.. but he is just fuckin weird as hell sometimes. I have grown to appreciate what he does the longer i watch.. but man.. what a guy..

Just look at how close he is standing to this guy and the shit that comes out of his mouth when he talks about Hal Gill.. what the fuck hahah
WTF PIERRE

Quote:would you prefer a top liner on a bad team (i.e. nate mac) or a 2nd liner on a good team (i.e. justin williams)?

Depends on my team comp.. Position flexibility would have a lot to do with it.. That being said I like Justin Williams on the Canes this year ALLLOTTT.. I think the Canes are gearing up for a big push this year and they have a pretty solid roster. I'll stay away from the Avalanche till they can prove it... I know there is a chance they have some point producers there.. but ... I'm okay with passing on them until next year. Nate Mac is fuckin dirt nasty tho.

Quote:what's the worst pick you've ever made made in fantasy football?
The first year I ever drafted my own team I cant remember if it was a 1st round or 2nd round pick but I took David Wilson of the Giants the year he was going to be the starting back.. the dude got me negative points the first game and fumbled so many goddam times.. he finally gets me a touchdown game 3 or 4 in like the first quarter and does a back flip to celebrate and ends up fuckin up his neck.. He ended up having to retire.. I did not make the playoffs that year lol

Quote:did you pay any attention to e3? if so, anything catch your eye?
I've stopped watching this shit because every game I get hyped for I end up disappointed. I've found its better to not know as much and just have fun if/when games come out.

Quote:what are your feelings on this upcoming bob the builder meme?
I haven't seen it... I hope its better than Evil Kermit... that meme was fuckin trash

Quote:what should the gms scouting know about you?
I'm not super active on the forums or on discord because I've been pretty busy but when I do get a chance to stop on by and chat it usually a fun time. I take a lot of pride in maxing my character and making sure to train every week and get all of the TPE I can. Adult life sucks!

<a href='index.php?showuser=2614' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Clint Eastwood</a>

Quote:Predictions on the standings for the Atlantic division next season

Atlantic:
1. Bolts
2. Sens
3. Habs
4. Leafs
5. Bruins
6. Panthers
7. Sabres
8. Wings

Metro:
1. Penguins
2. Canes
3. Rangers
4. Caps
5. Flyers
6. Jackets
7. Devils
8. Islanders

<a href='index.php?showuser=2643' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>DannyMethane</a>

Quote:Let’s say you have an ax. Just a cheap one, from Home Depot. On one bitter winter day, you use said ax to behead a man. Don’t worry, the man was already dead. Or maybe you should worry, because you’re the one who shot him.

He had been a big, twitchy guy with veiny skin stretched over swollen biceps, a tattoo of a swastika on his tongue. Teeth filed into razor-sharp fangs, you know the type. And you’re chopping off his head because, even with eight bullet holes in him, you’re pretty sure he’s about to spring back to his feet and eat the look of terror right off your face. On the follow-through of the last swing, though, the handle of the ax snaps in a spray of splinters.
You now have a broken ax. So, after a long night of looking for a place to dump the man and his head, you take a trip into town with your ax. You go to the hardware store, explaining away the dark reddish stains on the broken handle as barbecue sauce. You walk out with a brand new handle for your ax.
The repaired ax sits undisturbed in your garage until the next spring when, on one rainy morning, you find in your kitchen a creature that appears to be a foot-long slug with a bulging egg sac on its tail. Its jaws bite one of your forks in half with what seems like very little effort. You grab your trusty ax and chop the thing into several pieces. On the last blow, however, the ax strikes a metal leg of the overturned kitchen table and chips out a notch right in the middle of the blade.

Of course, a chipped head means yet another trip to the hardware store. They sell you a brand new head for your ax. As soon as you get home with your newly-headed ax, though, you meet the reanimated body of the guy you beheaded last year. He’s also got a new head, stitched on with what looks like plastic weed trimmer line, and it’s wearing that unique expression of “you’re the man who killed me last winter” resentment that one so rarely encounters in everyday life.

You brandish your ax. The guy takes a long look at the weapon with his squishy, rotting eyes and in a gargly voice he screams, “That’s the same ax that beheaded me!”

Is he right?

I mean it really depends on what your definition on SAME is... according to the googles internets engine of the best engine in the world the definition of same is as follows:

same
1. identical; not different.
2. of an identical type; exactly similar.

According to definition #1.. the answer to your question is NO!.... but according to definition 2... the answer to your question is YES.. If I really had to chose I would have to say Yes due to the fact that most of the time when someone says that 2 things are the same, they are talking about 2 separate objects that are of an identical type.

<a href='index.php?showuser=2683' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-71'>NourFFAK</a>

Quote:1. Who would win in a fight, Batman or Spider-Man

Spoderman and botman are bff they no fight

Quote:2. Is a hot dog a sandwich?

Meh... I don't think it qualifies as a sandwich... do you consider a cheeseburger a sandwich? cause I don't

Quote:3. What are the 3 nicest jerseys in the NHL? 3 nicest in the SMJHL (I ask cos I made the damn things and need an ego boost)?

In no particular order:
NHL (Pr-Addidas)
- Devils
Gotta represent the team, I cant say how true this will be with the new ones this year, but the 16-17 home and away Jerseys are among the best in the NHL.. I'm pretty pissed they decided to change it up so much
- Rangers
Hate em but respect em. gotta admit their blue home jerseys are pretty sick.. I like the classic look with the diagonal name across the chest and the old school tie at the top...plus blue is my favorite color.. Unlike the Devils or the Blues I do not like the Rangers away jersey so much.
- Blues
Once again, blue is my favorite color but for these uni's i really like how they combine all of the different colors and the yellow logo and numbers pop really nicely. Both the Home and away jerseys are pretty sick

(Shout out to the Flyers anniversary jerseys with the gold numbers. Those were pretty cool as well)

SMJHL
-Crows 3rd Jersey
I think the accent work is really nice and although its pretty simple it looks pretty nice. I think it would have been cool to have some sort of red detail with the " C R O W S" lettering down the chest.
-Raiders Home/Away
I really like these but I do wish the beige stripes were a little thicker, I think the lines are a bit thin in general but overall the look is great!
-Mammoths 3rd Jersey
This jersey is fire, not much else to say about that

Quote:
4. Could you see yourself stepping into an SMJHL/SHL GM or coaching role in the future?
Sounds like fun and a good idea on paper but unfortunately I don't think I have the time truly dedicate myself to being a SHL gm.. I might be able to be a Co-SMJHL/SHL GM and help with some duties after I retire my character and want to stay involved with the site.. but that is a long way away.

Quote:5. do u think i'm cute?

does a bear shit in the woods?

#9 means I have to write the poem? Or are you gonna do it

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

Top 10 mock draft?

Top 3 destinations in the SHL?

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

Do you like Kebabs?

Do you like pizza? If so, what pizza toppings do you like?

If you could play for another other SMJHL team and why is it Prince George?

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |

Downski... it's your car dealer Joseph Lombardi here to ask you some questions.

Your ideal destination for the SHL draft?

Favorite Raider?

Top 5 underrated prospects for said draft?

I am from New Jersey yet I'm not a Devils fan (I live closer to Philadelphia). Why should I like the Devils?

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

fuck it fam u get one of each:

A few good topics of discussion:
#1 - My player build / future plans
where do you feel like you're going to be drafted? anywhere you're particularly excited about?

#2 - SHL Related topics of discussion
how much do you believe in the halifax raiders going all the way next week?

#3 - Anything regarding the New Jersey Devils
a lot of the late 90's star teams are now out of the playoffs or on the edge of them, what move do you think the devils needs to make to get back into contention? also, remember 2012? good times.

what are your thoughts on pierre?

#5 - Fantasy Hockey Analysis/Questions
would you prefer a top liner on a bad team (i.e. nate mac) or a 2nd liner on a good team (i.e. justin williams)?

#6 - Fantasy Football Analysis/Questions
what's the worst pick you've ever made made in fantasy football?

#7 - Video Game Stuff
did you pay any attention to e3? if so, anything catch your eye?

#8 - Dank Memes
what are your feelings on this upcoming bob the builder meme?

#9 - Poems containing Downski rhymes/Songs altered to rhyme with Downski
get downski with the celly

#10 - Anything you want to know!
what should the gms scouting know about you?

júnior Guarda
Throat Goat

What's your favorite part of being on the Raiders?

How are you liking your time on the site so far?

Why are you a Devils fan? Devils suck (and don't even bring up 2012 Tongue ).

raiders

[Image: cWxBbhu.png]
Sig by Wasty and Copenhagen.
Former GM: [Image: bhn88m.png]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] | [Image: gs89eGV.png] |  [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Affiliates:[Image: 2ugjkte.jpg] [Image: bhn88m.png] [Image: e8s6jq.png] Former Affiliates: [Image: xaoosh.png]

[Image: IAP8v68.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

Quote:Originally posted by karlssens@Jul 27 2017, 05:23 PM

What draft pick do you have to lose to keep each player?

Quote:Originally posted by WinGretzky@Jul 27 2017, 03:25 PM

What draft pick do you have to lose to keep each player?
Nothing. Just gotta keep 5. Don't need two RW only players.
Other keepers are karlsson :wub:, ovechkin, werenski and talbot.

[Image: IAP8v68.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

Nasty Naz kadri, one of the more under rated players in the NHL and in fantasy hockey ...
Thoughts on that?

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Quote:Originally posted by ToeDragon84@Jul 27 2017, 05:11 PM
#9 means I have to write the poem? Or are you gonna do it

you write one line, and ill respond and we we see where it takes us

Quote:Originally posted by Loco@Jul 27 2017, 05:18 PM
fuck it fam u get one of each:

get downski with the celly

Get Downski with the celly... peanut butter jelly..

in my brown paper bag ...on my way to dirt work

Predictions on the standings for the Atlantic division next season

Metro?

Let’s say you have an ax. Just a cheap one, from Home Depot. On one bitter winter day, you use said ax to behead a man. Don’t worry, the man was already dead. Or maybe you should worry, because you’re the one who shot him.

He had been a big, twitchy guy with veiny skin stretched over swollen biceps, a tattoo of a swastika on his tongue. Teeth filed into razor-sharp fangs, you know the type. And you’re chopping off his head because, even with eight bullet holes in him, you’re pretty sure he’s about to spring back to his feet and eat the look of terror right off your face. On the follow-through of the last swing, though, the handle of the ax snaps in a spray of splinters.
You now have a broken ax. So, after a long night of looking for a place to dump the man and his head, you take a trip into town with your ax. You go to the hardware store, explaining away the dark reddish stains on the broken handle as barbecue sauce. You walk out with a brand new handle for your ax.
The repaired ax sits undisturbed in your garage until the next spring when, on one rainy morning, you find in your kitchen a creature that appears to be a foot-long slug with a bulging egg sac on its tail. Its jaws bite one of your forks in half with what seems like very little effort. You grab your trusty ax and chop the thing into several pieces. On the last blow, however, the ax strikes a metal leg of the overturned kitchen table and chips out a notch right in the middle of the blade.

Of course, a chipped head means yet another trip to the hardware store. They sell you a brand new head for your ax. As soon as you get home with your newly-headed ax, though, you meet the reanimated body of the guy you beheaded last year. He’s also got a new head, stitched on with what looks like plastic weed trimmer line, and it’s wearing that unique expression of “you’re the man who killed me last winter” resentment that one so rarely encounters in everyday life.

You brandish your ax. The guy takes a long look at the weapon with his squishy, rotting eyes and in a gargly voice he screams, “That’s the same ax that beheaded me!”

Is he right?

[Image: dannymethane.gif]
[Image: DrbPYHV.png][Image: UDyqktK.png]
[Image: S7jeR9I.png]