Create Account

Vancouver Whalers Announcement

<div align="center">[Image: XPCRmw8.png]

Hello SMJHL! I'm going to have tagged a lot of people by the end of this so I'm sorry in advance!

I'd like to start this off with a few congratulations. First and foremost, a well deserved congratulations to every player on the Vancouver Whalers for the absolutely fantastic performances they put out this season, resulting in the team bringing home the 4 star cup. I've been in the league for 7 seasons now and this is the first time I get to see the Whalers win the cup. I can't express how happy I am that I got to do it with one of the best groups of guys and gals in the league. Seriously, I would bet money we had one of the most active discords all season long and it was amazing to see everyone come into their own in this tight knit group. You guys have been working very hard all season (some 2 seasons) and I'm really glad that you all get to add a championship to your resumes. You guys are all like family to me and I look forward to seeing where all of your SHL careers take you (hopefully back down to Vancouver for a few more seasons Ninja ).

<a href='index.php?showuser=2690' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>microdinosaur</a> <a href='index.php?showuser=2637' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>flatman25</a> <a href='index.php?showuser=1159' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-56'>prettyburn</a> <a href='index.php?showuser=1250' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Whikadoodle</a> <a href='index.php?showuser=2613' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Lizzy4</a> <a href='index.php?showuser=2603' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Camo</a> <a href='index.php?showuser=589' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>JPL</a> <a href='index.php?showuser=1143' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-34'>Soy</a> <a href='index.php?showuser=2586' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>dandydoodle</a> <a href='index.php?showuser=1174' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-9'>Storm</a> <a href='index.php?showuser=2583' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-17'>QuantumCowboy</a> <a href='index.php?showuser=2582' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-30'>goilers</a> <a href='index.php?showuser=2572' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-66'>DrunkenTeddy</a> <a href='index.php?showuser=1725' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Hoovuh</a> <a href='index.php?showuser=2703' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>xX_T-Nasty_Xx</a> <a href='index.php?showuser=2607' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Slobbin</a>

Next I'd like to congratulate <a href='index.php?showuser=2262' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>Kaisonious</a> on his magnificent tenure as head GM of the Vancouver Whalers. Kai took over the team right after we had gone all in for a cup run. He was left with almost an entire roster of inactives after just about everyone from our S32 and 33 draft classes got called up in one shot. Thanks to his hard work (and equally hard work from <a href='index.php?showuser=1663' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Winter is Coming</a> ) Vancouver went from having almost nothing to a fully loaded roster from top to bottom. It's a shame Kai had to step down. Even though he only served for a short time It's obvious he is a world class GM and his influence is absolutely undeniable. Congrats on an awesome career in Vancouver buddy, I'm glad you got your hardware Cheers

I'd also like to throw a small word in here for the Colorado Mammoths ( <a href='index.php?showuser=2297' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>InciteHysteria</a> <a href='index.php?showuser=2264' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>ToeDragon84</a> ). Thank you guys for a great series. Now I know it was a sweep, but it was really a hell of a lot closer than it looks. You guys took us to 3 Overtimes and even heavily out-shot us one game. With the exception of 1 game, every meeting was a close fought battle and you guys should be proud. Congrats on your season, a historic first 2 rounds and a hard fought finals!

Now on to the actual announcement. With me taking over as head GM, the position of Co has become available. Typically applications are opened to the public for these positions but I strongly feel that the perfect candidate is already working with the Whalers front office. As most of you are expecting, <a href='index.php?showuser=2572' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-66'>DrunkenTeddy</a> will be taking over as Co GM. Teddy was without a doubt the hardest working out of the management trio this season and easily deserves his own head GM job. We often find ourselves on the same wavelength and we have similar projections for Vancouver's future. He was heavily involved in building Vancouver up to what it is now, even before his front office position and I believe he exemplifies what we look for in personality as well as cultural and community engagement within the Whalers family. I know first hand he has what it takes and I can't wait to work with him for seasons to come.

Last but not least, <a href='index.php?showuser=1157' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Beaujeaux</a> smells.</div>

Congrats DT!

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

Thanks <a href='index.php?showuser=2182' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>JR95</a> it has been absolutely great working with you so far on the Whalers, it will be nice to continue in a more official capacity.

I also want to say thanks to <a href='index.php?showuser=2262' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>Kaisonious</a> and <a href='index.php?showuser=1663' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Winter is Coming</a> for giving me a chance and showing me the ropes.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Congrats, DT!

[Image: pb_olli.gif]

Profile | Updates

[Image: vtXGfpR.png]

[Image: N2ANQtw.png]

Atta boy, DT.

Go easy on us this year, yeah?

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

Quote:Originally posted by adamantium@Jul 31 2017, 01:01 PM
Atta boy, DT.

Go easy on us this year, yeah?
Nawwww.... But thanks for the congrats bud.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

who did you bribe to get put in charge of the whalers, <a href='index.php?showuser=2182' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>JR95</a>?

júnior Guarda
Throat Goat

Quote:Originally posted by Loco@Jul 31 2017, 04:08 PM
who did you bribe to get put in charge of the whalers, <a href='index.php?showuser=2182' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>JR95</a>?
It's not like there's anyone on my team who is in a position of power in the smjhl.....nope not at all Ninja

Congrats brotha! Excited for next season already Cheers Whalers

Stampede Citadelles  [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]  Citadelles Stampede
[Image: goilers.gif]

Yeah I'm gonna smell when I stink up your locker room

Also congrats and stuff

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Congratulations JR and Teddy, and thank you for all the kind words. I'm confident the two of you will do an excellent job of continuing the Whalers' recent success. Cheers

[Image: giphy.gif]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
ShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUk
Player Page || Update Page

Seems like great choices for both positions. Congrats JR and Teddy!

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

Congrats Teddy Smile

[Image: cWxBbhu.png]
Sig by Wasty and Copenhagen.
Former GM: [Image: bhn88m.png]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] | [Image: gs89eGV.png] |  [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Affiliates:[Image: 2ugjkte.jpg] [Image: bhn88m.png] [Image: e8s6jq.png] Former Affiliates: [Image: xaoosh.png]

Congrats to both JR and To a fan favorite DT..Hopefully we see each in the playoffs in S36.

Cheers congrats bois