Create Account

Goodbye Kornel?

<center>Return to Europe?

[Image: Johnny+Oduya+NHL+Stanley+Cup+Final+Media...QCGNIl.jpg]

Kornel Kasparek has performed exceptionally well considering whee he was drafted, and how he entered the league. He is the highest scoring rookie defenseman of all time in the SMJHL, and put up great numbers for a true rookie defenseman in the SHL but his career has stagnated since then. Five seasons in the league is a large body of work, and a proper sample size for which we can judge the Czech national by.

He is trying to revitalize his career by putting in extra hours in the gym this off-season, whereas usually he enjoys a full summer of relaxation once the Hamilton Steelhawks miss the playoffs (Which has been every season since he has been with them), but is it enough? He will definitely see a spike in his numbers and some fantasy owners might be wise to pick him up in the later rounds but can he score 25+ points against considering he has been trending downwards?

Kornel Kasparek Statistics

A career low in points, assists and hits in S35 yet his agent Blake Laflamme believes he will primed for the best season of his career. How is that even possible? The Steelhawks got even worse, what chance does Kornel have to improve his production? Many believe he should head home to Europe and sign a bigger contract there after this year with the Steelhawks is done. But why sign with the Steelhawks again? A variety of factors at play here.

Kasparek doesn't care too much about winning at this particular point in his career, still in his prime and can always become a mercenary later. Most teams wouldn't pay the 5.5 million price tag, and he was aware of this so he decided to take the deal with Hamilton yet again. He wants to be a serviceable top-4 defenseman in the SHL and that can be within his grasp with higher minutes on the rebuilding franchise.

There still is one truly confusing question. How is Kornel Kasparek good considering the minimal effort he has put in since being drafted? His passing is mediocre and his shooting his abysmal, but most two-way d-men have some skill in one of those areas at the very least. He lacks strength yet is extremely elusive while still crushing opposing players with his well-timed hits and poke-checks.

*Important*

Why is a build with minimal passing/scoring even able to produce even offensively? One it does have to do with ratios for sure, but having more in each stat will definitely help you shoot/pass better. People often forget that a player has THREE decisions to make once they have the puck on their stick; Shoot. Pass. Skate. I pumped most of my points into Skating/Puckhandling because it will allow me to focus on the third option of skating with the puck more, thus I get enough touches to end up on the score sheet enough. You need good finishers for this build to work efficiently from what I have seen but it is a solid low TPE build if you want to go this route.

[Image: oduya+%2528on+ice+-+landscape%2529.jpg]

Kasparek may have coasted on his generational talent for the entirety of his SHL career, but he still has had a better career than most of his fellow S31 draftees. Kasparek will be a lot better and I look forward to scoring somewhere between 25-30 points and having a career high in hits. Should Kornel hang up the skates? I've thought about it but still don't know. I won't ever have a lot of time to dedicate to this site or my player but i'm good at sticking to an arch-type and crafting an 'effective' build even if it's unconventional to some.

Should I recreate? If so should I become a goaltender, goal scoring forward or playmaking winger? Maybe it's best to stick with Kornel Kasparek since even getting 600+ TPE in a short time would be difficult.

Wordz - 660+</center>

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

Stick around, generational talents only come by so often to bust in such a brilliant fashion

#JustLikeTomen
#JustLikeKwik
#JustLikePentecost