Create Account

IIHF vs. Olympics vs. WCoH

Anyone else think that separate from the IIHF, there should be either an olympics, or World Cup of Hockey every 4 seasons. I think that by not having the competition every year, it becomes more exciting and more prestigious when you win.

Just my thoughts- what do you guys think?

(Again, im not saying to stop doing IIHF every year, just to add/substitute olympics/wcoh every 4 years)

I've never enjoyed he idea of a separate competition, as it could just undermine the IIHF championship more than it'd help.

I do believe some reformation could do the IIHF some good tho

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

I wouldn't mind having friendlies as a way of playing around with lines and getting younger players involved

I find WCOH to be kind of useless. Yes, it's another oppurtunity to play for your country, but to have both country and continental teams feels silly.

Other than that, I can't decide what I'd do with the IIHF and Olympics. Just like FIFA is the legitmate tournament of Football supremecy, the IIHF is the same for Hockey, yet both Summer and Winter Olympics have the sports in them. Since Hockey doesn't have as many participating teams, qualies don't have to be as long. So maybe IIHF does 2 year increments in a similiar way that FIFA does 4 years.

idk. Im just a fat guy who like hotdogs :-?

If we did Olympics ever 4 years I might care a little bit but probably not

Quote:Originally posted by artermis@Aug 12 2017, 02:17 PM
I've never enjoyed he idea of a separate competition, as it could just undermine the IIHF championship more than it'd help.

I do believe some reformation could do the IIHF some good tho

It might undermine IIHF a little, but the big part of the excitement would be that you only get 3-4 Olympic chances in a career. It would be way more special when you win.

World Juniors when?

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

I think it would be cool to have a Confederations Cup every 2 seaons having the Gold Medal winners from in between those intervals in two separate groups along with teams voted in by the league.

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43

Challenge Cup winner vs. Gold Medal winner. 7-game series.

[Image: dnlll.gif]

» Update Page | Player Page | My Twitter «
[Image: 2qcdsat.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: 16gwwf9.png]

Quote:Originally posted by hockeyis66+Aug 12 2017, 03:22 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (hockeyis66 @ Aug 12 2017, 03:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I wouldn't mind having friendlies as a way of playing around with lines and getting younger players involved[/b]
As long as the Friendlies system is better than the one we started with in S20, this doesn't sound too bad

Quote:Originally posted by hypodynamic@Aug 12 2017, 03:33 PM<br />

It might undermine IIHF a little, but the big part of the excitement would be that you only get 3-4 Olympic chances in a career. It would be way more special when you win.

I know,at least to me, the IIHF is my favorite tournament, as it the legitimate representing tournament of our international hockey.

<!--QuoteBegin-CampinKiller@Aug 12 2017, 03:35 PM
World Juniors when?[/quote]

This should definitely come back

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

We tried this in S19-S21 and it was apparently too much work or something. I dunno, <a href='index.php?showuser=3' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-50'>Spangle</a> was running it then.

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

No. At this point, what <a href='index.php?showuser=1959' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-63'>dankoa</a> has going with the IIHF is a good product, and we really need to focus on bringing that to the forefront, not confusing the league with 3 different international tournaments, especially with shorter offseasons.

World Juniors would be awesome if every team had enough youth to do it, but they don't. It might work if you go with 6 teams: Russia, Canada, USA, Scandinavia, Europe, World.

Quote:Originally posted by mpc+Aug 13 2017, 04:24 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (mpc @ Aug 13 2017, 04:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->No. At this point, what <a href='index.php?showuser=1959' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-63'>dankoa</a> has going with the IIHF is a good product, and we really need to focus on bringing that to the forefront, not confusing the league with 3 different international tournaments, especially with shorter offseasons.

World Juniors would be awesome if every team had enough youth to do it, but they don't. It [i]might
work if you go with 6 teams: Russia, Canada, USA, Scandinavia, Europe, World.[/b]

The 6 team idea is the only way I currently see it working too.

I am not sure if we need any more tournaments right now. Maybe do 3 seasons of IIHF and then 1 bigger tournament but without IIHF?

<!--QuoteBegin-Pope[/i]@Aug 12 2017, 09:29 PM
Other than that, I can't decide what I'd do with the IIHF and Olympics. Just like FIFA is the legitmate tournament of Football supremecy, the IIHF is the same for Hockey, yet both Summer and Winter Olympics have the sports in them. Since Hockey doesn't have as many participating teams, qualies don't have to be as long. So maybe IIHF does 2 year increments in a similiar way that FIFA does 4 years. [/quote]

Football in the Olympics is nothing special. FIFA did not want the Olympics to contest the World Cup, they made it so that all rosters can have only U-23 players, though allowed teams to have 3 players that are over that age. Therefore "all countries have similar chances", but in reality it has way lower attendance, views and overall prestige than the World Cup. Idk if you knew this already, but I just wanted to mention that. :D

World juniors would be neat. Start small and keep increasing

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

WJC used to be great

But there's dedication issues etc. I rmmbr in S31 they were going to try it again, but dropped any support behind it.

It's always about dedication and usually it falls apart. We used to do world championships that would take place during/after the playoff finals where you were allowed to pick any players for your roster other than those competing for the two teams in the finals.

We tried the Olympics and it had the same problem. I think the current system is pretty fine tbh.

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]