Create Account

2 suggestions

Good afternoon to all,

Extend the offseason by a week
There was pretty much no time to get to know the new SMJHL class. i dont recall any mock drafts in media, not much time allocated just for them... when you consider the song and dance we made for S35.. this draft class has been completley over shadowed by the SHL draft and offseason time restraints. Also, updates have been very difficult this offseason under time restraints, its created major issues with the preseason SIMs making it harder for GMs to properly access there lines and stratagies.. and for players as well to enjoy there performance without having there proper build on the ice. I recommend that we add back an additional week while continuing to work on ideas to make the offseason more relavant and exciting.

HO should be represented with someone from each draft segmant
My suggestion is 1 HO representive per every 3-4 draft classes.
as an exampe there should be at least 1 member from:

Draft Classes 33-35
Draft Classes 30-32
Draft Classes 26-29
Draft Classes 23-25

this keeps ideas fresh and everyone well represnted. The S34 draft class may look at this site very differant then the S29's.. the S29's may look at things very differant then those from S24. If we want to move forward we need to have fresh eyes from each segmant helping to make league policy.

Cheers,

Izzy -

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

I agree with both of these suggestions; great ideas, Izzy.

[Image: dnlll.gif]

» Update Page | Player Page | My Twitter «
[Image: 2qcdsat.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: 16gwwf9.png]

Love the 2nd suggestion. The first one... I agree with it but the SHL will go back to complaining about the length of the offseason, regardless of any new ideas to make the offseason more enjoyable

All-time New England Wolfpack scorer
[Image: Derisraka.png]
[Image: 38718_s.png]
[Image: rW2c4Vz.png][Image: B4x6AQm.png]
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Longer off-season, god no. Maybe we don't need as much coordination between SHL and SMJHL seasons, though, which could help rectify the issues you mention about little publicity for the S37 draftees.

As for having representatives from different draft years, I think that's a great idea. I'd even take it a step further and say we should go based on when a member first joined the league or the draft year of the member's first, let's say, 500 TPE player. Otherwise we could just see recreates filling the HO when the purpose behind doing this would be to get ideas and input from newer members.

What also could be done, instead, is to get rid of HO elections in the current sense and have them be more open. Maybe some sort of ballot system for the entire league to fill out with certain stipulations such as each ballot must have at least one member who has joined after Season X or something along those lines.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

2nd suggestion is golden, first suggestion...uhhhh not so much.

Quote:Originally posted by Baelor Swift@Aug 12 2017, 08:36 PM
Longer off-season, god no. Maybe we don't need as much coordination between SHL and SMJHL seasons, though, which could help rectify the issues you mention about little publicity for the S37 draftees.

As for having representatives from different draft years, I think that's a great idea. I'd even take it a step further and say we should go based on when a member first joined the league or the draft year of the member's first, let's say, 500 TPE player. Otherwise we could just see recreates filling the HO when the purpose behind doing this would be to get ideas and input from newer members.

What also could be done, instead, is to get rid of HO elections in the current sense and have them be more open. Maybe some sort of ballot system for the entire league to fill out with certain stipulations such as each ballot must have at least one member who has joined after Season X or something along those lines.
Yeahthat

1st suggestion: You wouldn't request a longer off-season if you knew how it was before your time.

2nd suggestion: I'm certainly far more open to that idea, but I still prefer having the best people for the job, versus the best people within a certain category.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
ShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUk
Player Page || Update Page

Remember when off seasons were something along the lines of like a month or two?

[Image: aAYOBeR.gif]
[Image: tumblr_meoc0uZ0am1rkroj1o1_500.gif]
#Quest2Play4EveryTeam

A longer offseason? Considering what have now and what we used to have? Fuck no.

The second idea is decent tho

Fellas... this always happens with suggestions... people read the parts they want and the suggestions get morphed Stfu . For the 1st suggestion were talking about adding 1 week (maybe even less) to allow these 2 major areas of the site to get its proper time allocation. We're not talking about the old days of 2 month off-seasons.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Quote:Originally posted by Coach Biz@Aug 12 2017, 01:01 PM
Fellas... this  always happens with suggestions... people read the parts they want and the suggestions get morphed  Stfu . Were talking about adding 1 week (maybe even less) to allow these 2 major areas of the site to get its proper time allocation. We're not talking about the old days of 2 month off-seasons.
It's still 2 weeks on average, and it feels longer for those who don't make the playoffs. It sucks for new SMJHLers to not be able to make those medias but most aren't doing mock drafts anyways. Not many members who've been around for 3 days before the draft go in the top 2 rounds either, so there's lots of time to prepare an article before the draft.

[Image: NyUD4Ch.jpg]
[Image: 95lCCDx.png]

[Image: iXI1ET6.png]

Also, suggestion 2 is good. Didn't want to just reply with something 'negative'. I get what you mean, but it's such a small part of a smaller league with an even smaller population of players who would want to do something that requires more time that it's just not feasible to pull off for the best interests of the league.

[Image: NyUD4Ch.jpg]
[Image: 95lCCDx.png]

[Image: iXI1ET6.png]

The first suggestion could be rectified by creating more TPE opportunities related to the new classes for SHL players also.

Not totally, but it might help?

Also, is there bonus money for draft related media every year? I cannot remember seeing a post about that happening this season, but I remember one a few season ago prompting me to write a mock first round.

I think the first suggestion identifies an issue that could be better handled on the site, but a longer offseason wouldn't fix much as you would potentially lose some early registers (which is already a big issue).

Quote:Originally posted by spooked@Aug 12 2017, 09:37 PM
The first suggestion could be rectified by creating more TPE opportunities related to the new classes for SHL players also.

Not totally, but it might help?

Also, is there bonus money for draft related media every year? I cannot remember seeing a post about that happening this season, but I remember one a few season ago prompting me to write a mock first round.

I think the first suggestion identifies an issue that could be better handled on the site, but a longer offseason wouldn't fix much as you would potentially lose some early registers (which is already a big issue).
nothing useful but I like u again because of your avi