Create Account

Goalie Builds

Quote:Originally posted by FourFour@Dec 11 2017, 03:54 PM

Most people will end up picking the same things tho

That's what they're doing now. There's no reason to pick anything other than Hybrid right now.

Why should hybrid builds have the advantage of having the three most important strengths?

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Beaujeaux@Dec 11 2017, 02:57 PM

That's what they're doing now. There's no reason to pick anything other than Hybrid right now.

Why should hybrid builds have the advantage of having the three most important strengths?

Because they are clearly the higher breed

[Image: Wally.png]

I truly believe we should cut the goalie position and make them NPCs. There will always be an optimal build, and people will continue to seek that out. It's not like skater positions where they interact with linemates, so goalies are even easier to mold into said optimal build since they don't have to take into account their teammates' builds. It's honestly a big waste of time trying to "fix" goalies, because the position has so many drawbacks that it isn't worth maintaining in my opinion... but that's not the topic, sorry <a href='index.php?showuser=1157' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Beaujeaux</a>

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

Quote:Originally posted by Grapehead@Dec 11 2017, 05:10 PM
I truly believe we should cut the goalie position and make them NPCs. There will always be an optimal build, and people will continue to seek that out. It's not like skater positions where they interact with linemates, so goalies are even easier to mold into said optimal build since they don't have to take into account their teammates' builds. It's honestly a big waste of time trying to "fix" goalies, because the position has so many drawbacks that it isn't worth maintaining in my opinion... but that's not the topic, sorry <a href='index.php?showuser=1157' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Beaujeaux</a>

Ok, sure, but to be fair goalies haven't been a problem for the life of SHL. My (on topic) suggestion just tweaks it to simplify the process without giving another goalie a probably unintended advantage

Quote:Originally posted by Beaujeaux@Dec 11 2017, 06:49 PM

Ok, sure, but to be fair goalies haven't been a problem for the life of SHL. My (on topic) suggestion just tweaks it to simplify the process without giving another goalie a probably unintended advantage
I will only support this if it is grandfathered in Ninja

Quote:Originally posted by Grapehead@Dec 11 2017, 05:58 PM

I will only support this if it is grandfathered in Ninja

Yeah Mr main three. Tongue

I don't agree with NPCing goalies, I'd like to have a goalie some day. I do agree the builds right now need changing because everyone who knows STHS takes Hybrid right now. Beaujeux's suggestion for templates are good, also to remove Skating as a weakness option.

As for update scale, it could use a little re-tooling. Right now, to have a goalie with maxed main stats it only takes around 800-1000 TPE depending on how you distribute. I'd like it to be adjusted so that it's closer to what skaters have to accomplish to be a top goalie in the league so there's some challenge to it.

Quote:Originally posted by QuantumCowboy@Dec 11 2017, 08:10 PM
I don't agree with NPCing goalies, I'd like to have a goalie some day. I do agree the builds right now need changing because everyone who knows STHS takes Hybrid right now. Beaujeux's suggestion for templates are good, also to remove Skating as a weakness option.

As for update scale, it could use a little re-tooling. Right now, to have a goalie with maxed main stats it only takes around 800-1000 TPE depending on how you distribute. I'd like it to be adjusted so that it's closer to what skaters have to accomplish to be a top goalie in the league so there's some challenge to it.
I think making goalies more challenging will reduce the number of people who stick with it. Playing goalie is boring, and if I had to put in even more time to get good I dunno... Like Kirkstone was mediocre until I hit ~1300tpe

Goalies = most boring build on the site

Increasing update scale for them will just make it aids to be a goalie, especially when a goalie at 1400 TPE plays the exact same or worse than a goalie at 700 tpe

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

retire your player that'll get the message across