Create Account

New Features potentially?

Quote:Originally posted by Slowpoke@Dec 13 2017, 04:24 PM

I believe each team should be given a pot of money to use as they see fit. If thats to use as a performance bonus, team awards, activity bonus, or to pay some of the auxiliary functions on the team, each team could use it as they see fit.
They tried this in the smjhl, then teams started using it as incentive to sign free agents, it was rarely used to pay GMs. If you give teams the option to use it as they see fit they will use it as cap circumvention.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

We used to do a World Juniors..

I should know it's the only time I've ever been on Team Canada.

We got a bronze btw

We've had World Juniors before, didn't work out. Hopefully it can come back to life if it does get brought back

[Image: 53381_s.gif]

[Image: 49370_s.gif]

[Image: uKp7Piy.png]

Code:
1. Team Canada , Benjamin Wong 1 (Jay McDonald) at 8:49
first ever Canadian Olympic goal

I want to be pride owner so i can get some ass

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

My only thing is.. if your going to pay GMs then you should be able to fire them when they don’t meet activity or skill set requirements

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Quote:Originally posted by Coach Biz@Dec 13 2017, 08:51 PM
My only thing is.. if your going to pay GMs then you should be able to fire them when they don’t meet activity or skill set requirements
There are already rules in place to fire GMs for violating rules, but beyond that I don't think we should ever fire someone over their success in STHS. Not sure what expectations you meant, but we have responsibilities already that can result in firing if not met.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

World Juniors seems like a thing that would require constant activity and interest. And to be honest, you might get that the season of a reddit draft and then the next, but then you're back to barely getting enough new players in for a 2 round draft. I can't see it lasting long

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

I am definitely thinking of running a World Juniors tournament to go either alongside or before the IIHF for this season. It's not something that will be done every season but I am very on board with it being a thing for this season. Anyone who's interested in getting involved with either simming/organising please get in touch tyvm

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by Grapehead@Dec 13 2017, 08:54 PM

There are already rules in place to fire GMs for violating rules, but beyond that I don't think we should ever fire someone over their success in STHS. Not sure what expectations you meant, but we have responsibilities already that can result in firing if not met.

Yeah I’m not talking about wins and losses... I’m talkimg more about activity rate...There have franchises where you hear that there GMs are MIA or not all that active...it doesn’t happen often.. but if your going to get paid and it’s such a prestigious job on the site then there should be an activity criteria... I’d make the case for poor direction/trades as well.. although I know how subjective trades are.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Quote:Originally posted by Coach Biz@Dec 13 2017, 09:00 PM

Yeah I’m not talking about wins and losses... I’m talkimg more about activity rate...There have franchises where you hear that there GMs are MIA or not all that active...it doesn’t happen often.. but if your going to get paid and it’s such a prestigious job on the site then there should be an activity criteria... I’d make the case for poor direction/trades as well.. although I know how subjective trades are.
I don't think GMs being inactive is really accepted now anyway

Quote:Originally posted by JumpierPegasus@Dec 13 2017, 08:30 PM
We've done WJC's a few times and it always falls apart unfortunately

IIHF is already struggling because people check out during the offseason, WJC's would be hard too unless we put them smack dab in the middle of the season even though SMJHL would run at the same time

Another problem is finding a simmer in that case
When the IIHF first started we had games spread throughout the season

Now, I don't remember specifics and I acknowledge that this isn't what your proposing, but it just seemed like a mess.

My thoughts are that it should probably be held later in the off-season, before the SMJHL draft, as to replace or supplement prospect showcases

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

I feel like everyone gives too much credit to GMs, but then again I only have my own experiences and can't speak for everyone

i play with them a lot.
HIRE ARTY

Quote:Originally posted by artermis@Dec 13 2017, 09:50 PM
I feel like everyone gives too much credit to GMs, but then again I only have my own experiences and can't speak for everyone
but like... how much success did you have?

Quote:Originally posted by DrunkenTeddy@Dec 13 2017, 07:31 PM

They tried this in the smjhl, then teams started using it as incentive to sign free agents, it was rarely used to pay GMs. If you give teams the option to use it as they see fit they will use it as cap circumvention.
Oh well, thanks, guess SHL is just gonna SHL

[Image: horvat3.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Grapehead@Dec 13 2017, 09:54 PM

but like... how much success did you have?
can you change your cartridge real quick, I think you accidentally had a magnum loaded instead of a paintball

i play with them a lot.
HIRE ARTY