Create Account

S38 PT 5 - Holiday Cheer

The other PT is still up in case y'all are having a busy holiday season, but here, have more TPE because the holidays are a good and fun time.

Requirements

Written option: Tell us about your first holiday season away from home (if you're even away from home, idk ur life). Did someone on your team throw a New Year's Eve rager? Did you have a team holiday skate? No word count minimum but don't write one lousy sentence pls.

Graphic option: Make an invitation to the team's party (or to your player's personal party or whatever). Include your team's logo.

Payout

4 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the things, not both.)

Only S38 SMJHL Rookies (S39 SHL Rookies) are eligible for this PT.

Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.

Deadline
January 4, 11:59 PM EST

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates

For my first Christmas away from home, I decided to put up a little Christmas tree in my apartment that I share with Elias Svensson. We invited Jon Tellofsen, The Dude, and Mikhail Lokitonov to have a little get together. I put a present under the little 4 foot tall tree for each of them and let them enjoy a little cheer for the holidays. There aren't many people who know this, but Lokitonov and I are actually friends behind the scenes (which is why I know that it isn't him in the jersey when PGF cheated...). It was awesome to finally be able to hang out with him without worrying about all of the competition that comes with playing against each other.

After we opened gifts and made dinner together, we sat down for a nice meal of turkey, potatoes and brussell sprouts. Something my parents used to make every Christmas. I loved having these guys over. I hope in the future we'll all be able to chill together again. The Dream D, the Captain and the Lokomotiv himself.

The other guys may have gone to a party or something, but I had some Christmas cards to finish writing. Happy Holidays everyone! Hope you all enjoyed yours as much as we did.

<a href='index.php?showuser=2898' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>ml002</a>
<a href='index.php?showuser=2805' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-17'>Dude</a>
<a href='index.php?showuser=2867' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Kmichael</a>
<a href='index.php?showuser=2874' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Rancidbudgie</a>

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

Celebrating the holidays away from home is always hard. Adjusting to Canada from Norway was a challenge for me as a child, and the move from B.C. to St. Louis was no different. While still chilly out, the winters in Missouri are much warmer than my previous locales, and the bustling city life of St. Louis has far more people than I'm accustomed to while out and about.

I spent a good portion of my holidays bouncing around with my teammates at various hangout places, and spent a holiday night with McIntyre, Svensson, Dude, and Lokitonov with dinner and gifts. I spent multiple days Skyping my family back home in Tromsø and my parents who live in Cranbrook, B.C. While I wished to visit them, my new training regimen called for me to remain in the top-end facilities in St. Louis, and after the holidays are over, I want to be at my peak for the last few regular season games and the playoffs.

[Image: antonescu.png]
[Image: BKGrppM.png]
Thank you to Ham and Sulo for the sigs!
Scarecrows Chiefs Renegades Dragons Stampede Panthers norway
Scarecrows Specters Switzerland
Scarecrows pride Switzerland
  Armada pride Ireland

Code:
207 words

The first Christmas season away from my family back in Russia was a very challenging one for me. Back in Russia I would have enjoyed this time of year with up 30 family members, and friends.

However, been in Vancouver for this years Christmas season was not terrible by any means! The other rookie defencemen and I got together to have our own christmas festivities. Liam was in charge of food, while Karno and I looked after booze and other activities. Instead of the traditional turkey dinner, we feasted on a thick cut of rib roast. During this time, I had bought many various flavors of smirnov ice, to ice my fellow teammates at unexpected times! In short we enjoyed some great food, and had some good laughs during our christmas break.

Heading into New Years we plan on doing a more central team event, and renting out a hall to just a have a good time! Gabriel Wong, being the team leader and all will be the man with the plans for this event. I am sure we can expect a lot of good music, and a lot of good people. It will be a night to remember for my first ever holiday season in Canada!

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

Welp, that was a show. The Holidays in Kelowna aren't too far away but it is hard to see family.

Rooming with BB (Brock Beaker) in the Apartment is some kind of experience. Being a pair of young single rookies gets way too fun. Setting up the tree, stockings, and stocking the house full of liquor for the holidays. New Years, post clinch was the highlight. Booze were flowing, the women were partying, and everybody was naked. Wink A farm boy + B.C. Bud + The Blow Capital of B.C. + Many young puck bunnies = one hell of a good time. Wink

The Pickle Jar from home and BB's Ceasers sure came in handy that night.

B) Knights

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

My first Christmas in Detroit was an eventful one. I'm used to close family gatherings back in Liechtenstein, not 'raging keggers' as I was introduced to here. Let's just say, if you've never seen Tatu Mäkelä naked dancing on a table, you haven't lived.
Needless to say, Christmas eve was amazing, and I can't wait for New Years Eve. Apparently Connor Blackwell is renting a villa in Canada, and we're going to be skiing and having some good old fashioned fun. As long as the Barlow brothers don't bring those bottles of Mad Dog again, I think we'll all survive and be the team to beat in the upcoming playoffs.

With my family all back in Austria, I had to hangout with my new hockey friends and family for the holidays. I went and visited my good friend Brady McIntyre with some of the other rookies and some of his teammates. After getting back to Prince George, the Firebirds' GMs held a holiday party for the team. Turns out GM sleepy brews his own beer with his family, and it is a pretty good brew. The party also gave the team a chance to welcome our new Colorado boys to the team and to start to get the team chemistry coming along with the playoffs around the corner. I did a lot of skyping with my family and its great to hear how my siblings are doing back home. Overall it was a good first holiday season in the SMJHL.

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

Quote:Originally posted by CptSquall@Dec 29 2017, 10:55 AM
Welp, that was a show. The Holidays in Kelowna aren't too far away but it is hard to see family.

Rooming with BB (Brock Beaker) in the Apartment is some kind of experience. Being a pair of young single rookies gets way too fun. Setting up the tree, stockings, and stocking the house full of liquor for the holidays. New Years, post clinch was the highlight. Booze were flowing, the women were partying, and everybody was naked. Wink A farm boy + B.C. Bud + The Blow Capital of B.C. + Many young puck bunnies = one hell of a good time. Wink

The Pickle Jar from home and BB's Ceasers sure came in handy that night.

B)&nbsp; Knights

Well, the Physt pretty much said it all. The holidays were wild. Being an Alberta boy I could have easily gone home for the holidays, but why do that when I can chill with my roommate and get baligerant with a bunch of naked puck sluts? Exactly, yea seeing grandma open up the Brand new life alert system you got her is great, but let’s be honest here, she is so old that she doesn’t remember who the fuck you are anoymore, and should probabaly be in a home somewhere. Mom and dad just brag about my hockey success to the whole family, while I sit there thinking “yea mom they all read the news, I’m a headline like every 2nd day, they know I’m a stud” and your brothers and sisters just want you to go to the outdoor rink to show up that kid that bullies them, my answer to that, “be a better hockey player and someone might be nice to you.” Long story short, if rather get sloppy with a bunch of hookers and blow than go home and watch my family bitch and complain about everything. Here’s the deal, I send my parents 50,000 and they leave me alone for the year, sounds like a plan to me. Physt and I had a great Christmas, we just clinched a playoff spot, and I can’t wait for more parties, who knows, if we win it all, I might even OD on something! But that’s a problem for Samee to workout! Until next time SHL! Merry Christmas and happy fuckin’ new year WOOOOO! <a href='index.php?showuser=2888' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>CptSquall</a>

[Image: nasty.png]

I wasn't too sure what the Holidays would be like in my new city. Upon joining the St. Louis Scarecrows I learned that once you take the black, you can't go back to your family. Which is fine considering I didn't have a family growing up because my father, Tony Flow, is always busy and has never come to meet me. Of course, he does send presents, usually self-autographed memorabilia from his SHL career. I hope his gifts arrive soon, because I am in desperate need of some new gear.

Anyway, I was invited by Pete Walker to join him for Christmas, which was a great time. He has about ten father figures in his life, and they all made it to celebrate the holidays with him. They are all of various religious groups, so they all had unique ways of celebrating. Even my former legal guardian, Sludge, made it to Pete's house. Sludge still doesn't quite understand Christmas though. He is very happy and festive with the big family gatherings and gift exchanges, but he worries about the "Christmas Monster" who breaks into people's homes during the night. He threatened to shoot his reindeer out of the sky, assuming he sees them while he waits on the roof all night.

The holidays were a great time this year, being around an actual family, instead of just myself and Sludge in the frozen wastes of Toronto. I can't wait for the new year's party, which is something I always had to enjoy alone. You know, because of Sludge's fear of the concept of time.

Happy holidays everyone!

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

This year has been my first Holiday season away from family, and it has largely been a bittersweet experience. A few weeks ago I got my big break when I got my contract from the Mammoths, and the high from that event largely overshadowed my general uncertainty from being away from family during the Holidays. Since I signed that contract, I'd spent the vast majority of my time with with our teams former starting goalie, Aleksandr Aleksandrov, who had been one of my closest friends and also my strongest mentor as I've acclimated to this new experience. He'd invited me into his Colorado home so I had somewhere to stay until I found my feet, and he was also my roommate on all road trips. To say that it was somewhat crushing when he was traded earlier in the week, would be a strong understatement.

Since that moment, it's been hard to find the same enjoyment for the Holidays that I've had in past years. I miss my family, and my friends back home, and the pressure I'm under as the new starting goalie has been overwhelming. Regardless of this loneliness, I know I have a job to do. While the trade signaled a rebuild for the team, I'm not going to give up on this season just because the pundits believe we're a lost cause. The Holidays are a time where anything is possible, and while I can't enjoy it in a traditional sense, I'm re purposing the joy I've had for it in the past into a burning desire to keep the Mammoth's as a playoff team, and to face my former mentor when it matters most. Until then, I'm going to lean on my teammates to get through this funk, and to come out of the Holiday break ready to salvage a supposedly lost season.

Happy Holidays everyone!

[Image: Partridge.png]

San Francisco

[Image: PRedauw.png]

With the trade that Prince George just made, Tommy Tuck had a lot of extra time. Prince George brought in Aleksandr Aleksandrov, another goalie, which has pushed Tuck to the bench just in time for the holiday season. With this move, Tommy was able to head home and spend time with his family and friends. One person he hung out with a lot was his brother Tor Tuck, since Edmonton was eliminated from the playoffs. Sometimes, when hockey is all you know and do, you need a little get away to clear your mind, refocus and reorient your goals to make sure you are in the right state of mind. A long needed vacation was what Tommy Tuck needed, and heading home to Norway is exactly that.

(127 words)

[Image: petrov2.png]
[Image: muford_hof_sig.png]

Pete Walker craves normalcy above all else, so the holiday season is a bit strange to him. Pete doesn't celebrate when he scores, let alone when anyone else does something. He Chose to celebrate Christmas by lying on the floor in the fetal position and humming to himself for 17 hours. The Tonys and sludge (new band name) were a bit concerned, but they figured ol' Pete would snap out of it soon enough. And he did.

[Image: p8UV2vf.jpg]

[Image: kesler.gif]
[Image: vgIymom.png]

Christmas away wasn’t so bad. Dad and mom flew up to visit, which was great, since I haven’t seen them very much this year. Dad bought Switches for all the guys, so he’s pretty popular with the team.

Coach had a light practice for us on the day after Christmas. I learned that Canadians call this “Boxing Day.” I went out shopping for bargains with a few guys, but it seemed like all that was left at the mall was cheap crap.

Muller threw a humongous party for New Year’s Eve. I was a little disappointed that no one else wanted to do an early skating practice after, but I guess everyone was pretty worn out from the party. It was pretty fun, still. Too bad he was traded. I’m going to miss playing with that guy.

It was difficult to be away from home for the first time during the Holidays, but it was made easier by having my family come to visit for a few days. We exchanged gifts just like every other year, although it wasn't quite the same doing it out of suitcases instead of around our family tree.

Other than that, though, the holidays have been really enjoyable. Connor Tanner had the entire team over for Christmas dinner, and we had a mostly awesome time except I think he must have cooked the turkey because it was pretty bad. I'll probably stick with Jim Elliott on New Years and see what the plan is, but maybe the team will organize something for that night, too.

Overall, it's been a weird adjustment but a pretty successful holidays away from home.