Create Account

S38 PT 5 - Holiday Cheer

[Image: LdVIgMI.png]

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: qp9sjzw.png] [Image: QPhJjnn.png] [Image: cz7Q1LV.png] [Image: RapExQb.png] [Image: sXGJ3Yn.png]
-----
[Image: aasdAwo.png]

Canada Update Thread | Player Page Canada

Dear Diary,

This is my first holiday truly away from home and I have to say at first I thought I was going to feel ''le mal du pays'' in Detroit. In my junior years prior to becoming a Falcon I always spent my holidays with my family in Montreal. When it comes to celebrations, especially the holidays, the Primeau's are not half assing, in fact we're doing the extra mile to have a good time.

However this year is different, my parents and siblings worked very hard to make sure I would not miss home and they went all out to make sure I would enjoy a ''Primeau holiday's'' and make sure my fellow Falcons were going to enjoy themselves as well ahead of the playoffs which are about to start.

We all, me first, received an invitation to show up to The Filmore in downtown Detroit.
Our Coach and Upper Management was fine with it in fact they followed along with us since they got the same invite. We went there and inside the building was like a dance club! There was a huge Christmas tree, a buffet, a dance floor, drinks, gifts and family members of fellow teammates that were brought in for the occasion at my family's expense. I don't like bragging about the fact I come from a rich family, my father a former wrestler who now runs a successful media corporation. But in times like this it only goes to show that we are not a Family that are scrooges. We share, we make sure the people around us enjoy the wealth.

We danced, we drank, we listened to great music spun by a local DJ, great time were had and memories will be remembered. I will never forget my first away from home holidays.

I hope my teammates won't forget their night either.

Total word count: 310

[Image: holida10.jpg]

My first holiday away from Russia was not as bad as I was expecting. My parents and older brother came and surprised me at one of my games a few days before Christmas. It was great to see them since they had not visited since my first game of the year. It was nice to have their support as the season came to a close. Of course, I treated them to the finest dinner Detroit could offer and showed them the sights, more so than I did when they first came here. I avoided most of the flack from the team for skipping out on the Christmas Eve party (Heard that good old Tatu was dancing naked on the table, wish I could say it was the first time). I did however enjoy the New Years Eve party a few of us attended. I would tell you more about it, but honestly, I think St. Raegen may have taken a note out of the movie The Hangover and spiked our drinks.

Word Count: 171

For this holiday season, it was my first away from home. Every holiday season before I spent with my family and friends. It seems funny but it was a little hard not being with them. I called them and asked how they're during and everything like that. But it was a fun time celebrating with my new teammates. It was like celebrating with a new family, and it was a blast. Everyone was going crazy, and dont tell anyone this but there were drinks involved. It was fun, and even if I missed my family the team is like a whole new family. Party time is over though, and its time for the playoffs. I havent played that much this season and I probably wont play that much in the playoffs, but Im excited for what little time I get and Im sure my teammates will do great. Lets go

Higgins had a bit of a weird Holiday in Halifax this year. He decided to stay in Halifax. He went out to the bar with GM 44 and 44 started talking about how he deserved GM of the year. So Higgins just sat there ignoring him the whole time. Then Co-GM Shmurph came in and told Higgins that it was time to go home because they had a practice skate in the AM. Higgins though this was weird but he said okay and we home. Around 3am a knock came on the door and it was 44. He tried to convince him to go out drinking but just before Higgins could say yes, Schmurph intervened and hit both 44 and Higgins over the head with a boiler pot.

End.

[Image: HjEFCSR.png]

Coming home for Christmas always comes with happiness and stresses, seeing the people you’re related, running into an ex or whatever. Young Patrick Brumm Jr this was the furtherest he had ever lived away from home (even though these parts are unknown). This Christmas would be spent in the city he grew up San Jose, CA. Coming home after an up and down season is always hard especially with playoffs still on the horizon. Would people like his presents, how would he control himself with more hockey to play? There were so many questions and stresses around holiday time.

The morning when it came time to board and head home, Brumm Jr was nowhere to be found. He instead decided to forego the visit home and instead focus on the playoff hockey ahead.

Christmas time is always a difficult time of year for me. It’s many years since the ‘incident’ of Christmas Day past but it still makes this time of year tinged with grey. I usually try and focus on keeping my head down, skating by myself or staying in watching movies. However, my teammates weren’t having that. A few of them decided to take me out on the town. After quite a few Molson’s and shots, we ended up at the Loose Moose. There, a few fans recognised us and we got chatting. After a while, I asked the most talkative his name. ‘First name’s McDonald’ he said ‘McDonald Lane, but you can call me Mac’. He crumpled as I swung for him, teammates swarmed me and dragged me outside. After a calm talk with the bouncers, they let me go but I thought it best to stay at home for the next day. Still, small steps eh?

[Image: vZ3tHhV.jpg]

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

My first Christmas away from Finland. It wasn't so bad, mom and dad came down to Prince George to surprise me when I got home from our final practice before the Christmas break. They mentioned how proud they were of my progress this year, not being the flashiest player, but making it to the SMJHL nonetheless. We didn't do much for the holidays, but the boys urged me to partake in the more Canadian traditions, watching the World Juniors on Boxing Day. Finland defeated Canada 3-1 in the tournament opener, giving me some bragging rights over them as well as some nationalist pride. I look forward to the medal round where hopefully we can have a rematch for the big prize.

[Image: D6T4tiy.png]  [Image: 5cVzKxa.png] | [Image: LWLEHdF.png] | [Image: gs89eGV.png]  [Image: D6T4tiy.png]
[Image: xwSUfzz.png]

[Image: aMvKdGW.png]

This year, the Prince George Firebirds didn't have a whole lot of time to celebrate the holidays. With the playoffs looming, practices ran right up until Christmas and began again in the New Year. Even still, Carter Manning managed to enjoy some of his time away from Prince George and away from the rink. While the winters in Prince George are quite fierce, some of the Firebird rookies managed to get out onto the pond for a quick game of shinny. That was followed by a delicious pot luck meal with most of the guys. Some guys brought mashed potatoes, some guys tried their hand at cooking the bird, others opted to bring Kraft Dinner.Either way it was excellent. Head back home for Christmas was a whirlwind. Spending time with the family, with friends, and trying to fit in some shopping and then BAM, the break is over. Soon the playoffs will start, and this Christmas break was a much needed break from the regular season grind.

Quote:Written option: Tell us about your first holiday season away from home (if you're even away from home, idk ur life). Did someone on your team throw a New Year's Eve rager? Did you have a team holiday skate? No word count minimum but don't write one lousy sentence pls.

I sit at home and watch anime. Usually, I'm chilling and looking forward to overlord season 2. But I want me my third season of my hero academia. I did go out with Nour and we had ramen with some American friends. It was a lot of fun and I'm really bad at using chopsticks. My team threw a party but I didn't go because it was like -30 degrees Celsius and my car wouldn't start up. Yes, our team had a holiday skate. It was fun but I can't skate, I can barely walk properly.

<div align="right"> Knights </div>

Markus Meliodas spent the holidays in Colorado, away from home for the first time ever. His Christmas interaction with his family was spent over Skype as they are all the way over in Sweden with the exception of his sister who is living in Los Angeles. He made the drive over to visit her on Christmas Day.

The Colorado Mammoths held a Christmas/New Years Bash as they didn't play until Jan 3rd - things got crazy and Meliodas experienced his first underage heavy drinking. New Years Day was harsh as he laid in bed and watched the SHL Winter Classic then binge watched seasons of Anime shows.

This holiday season was the first away from home for Romualds Loks who was struggling to impress in his debut season in SMJHL. Only 5 points out of whom 2 were goals and 3 were passes were way lower than anyone expected for the talented forward who just had a very successful season in the previous league he played in. With Romualds Loks struggling with slight depression as he reaveled this was the first Christmas season he didn't celebrate with his family as he used the time off to completely focus un improving his game.

It looks as if the dividends have payed off, the forward has returned to the SMJHL play-offs better than ever, currently with 4 points in 5 games, almostly as much as he had in 50 regular season games. The 0.8 PPG in inaugural season compared to 0.1PPG in the regular season definitely is a statement by Romualds - is he mad that he missed this Christmas practicing on his hockey or is he a real play-off spirited performer?

Japanese goaltender - Keisuke Suzuki

Japan Timber

Former winger for Chicago Syndicate - Romualds Loks

Latvia syndicate Militia

Also a SHL, SMJHL and IIHF Champion with Intars Ogle

Latvia  Steelhawks

[Image: b6RVUUV.png]
By teztify

Vancouver is nice in winter. It doesn’t really snow but it beats the shit weather of Dublin. Our team didn’t do any team skate or anything we just played in several squads on pubg. Maybe I spent too much time drinking and playing PUBG and not enough time practicing. Sorry about that. Oh well. It was fun break and by god am I happy to just move on to hockey. LETS GO DO THAT HOCKEY AND GO WHALERS AND FUCK THE SCARECROWS.

[Image: RrqOgzL.png]
[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]
[Image: yuWLBZB.png]

[Image: SZSsM.png]

[Image: ivanovamin.png]
Player Page - Update Thread