Create Account

iamslm22 pre draft diary

Hello all, iamslm22, some of you may know me. I am a sim leaguer from NSFL (football sim league) and PBE (baseball sim league) and I am going go through and talk about what it has been like so far as a pre draft rookie in this league. I'm pretty excited to get started here, and I wanted to see what this league was like. There's going to be a few sections of this article, so I might as well get right into it.

WHO IS IAMSLM22

For those that do not know I'm in the head office in NSFL and I'm a general Manager in PBE. So I've seen sim leagues, but I know this is the largest sim league community, so I figured that I had to join. What can you expect if you draft me? I would say you can expect a person who will be great in a locker room, active on discord and excited for games. You can expect someone who will do at least most of the point tasks (if you remind me) and will do activity checks. I Know this is going to be a long article, but do not anticipate me frequently writing long articles for money. I wanted to introduce my self to this community so I figured I would do so with a big Pre Draft diary of sorts, but do not draft me expecting to get max equipment every season. You also should not have expectations of me being a guy to take a job here. As I already mentioned, I have numerous jobs in other leagues so I don't have the time to take one on here. I will expect to be paid in the contract if you want me to do a lot of trainings or equipment. Another thing if you know me from other leagues is I usually help with team strategy. I don't know much of anything about the Simon T sim engine, (I've heard it's not the greatest, and the whole decision tree of passing skating scoring sounds weird as fuck, but whatever) but don't expect me to do testing like I do for OOTP and DDSPF. Basically I would not draft me expecting me to be the literal max TPE earner I am in NSFL or PBE (never missed a point task, activity check, training, or piece of professional equipment in either league), but I would still be a valuable pick no matter where you draft me. Basically you know I'm going to be active and you know I'll listen to advice on how to build my player. You can already ask Beaver Evok and TDZ about how I've been in the Ireland locker room (since I guess you join a country here before the draft) but I will be an asset to any team. Also - Don't draft someone expecting they'll be humble. I know I'll have to earn my ice time, but I'm expecting to lead the team in goals at some point soon and I'll want my General Managers to earn my respect

TL;DR of that section - draft iamslm22 as early as you want, I'll be fun to have on your team and pretty productive, but don't draft me expecting me to be the monster that I am in other sim leagues.

WHO IS IAM ESSELLEMM

So now that I've spoken about myself lets talk about my player shall we? Iam is a right winger who is determined to put the puck into the net. He's a young Irishman (more on that later) who is hard working and determined to become a leading goal scorer on the team. Essellemm is NOT known for his checking (considered his biggest weakness actually) but he is however known for his ability to handle the puck, score and position himself intelligently on the ice. Iam is a guy who should get ice time on a Junior team almost right away and should be a big time goal scorer for Ireland as well. Ireland Ireland. Essellemm is a well discplined skater who does not at all pick up many penalties. In fact Iam is one of the more peaceful players in the league, avoiding fights and the lot of that. So what do you get when you draft iam essellemm? A guy with great shooting, decent passing, Great puck skills, decent skating and excellent positioning. I can't think of what else you would want from a young up and coming right wing.

WHY IRELAND?!?

This is an interesting question. I mean why would an american guy gravitate towards ireland? There are several reasons. First off, I read through most of the recruitment posts. Look at the number of comments on them. Seemed right away like Ireland was the most active. Then after that I saw the people. I know Beaver (he has the unfortunate job of updating me in NSFL where I mess up math all the time), and I also know Evok and TDZ very well (I'm their General Manager in another league). So right away that intrigued me. I considering being American given that I'm FROM america, but their last post in their recruiting post was from 2016! I mean they either 1 - don't need new players. Or 2 - don't give two shits about getting new players. Why would I want to join a country that clearly does not want me.

Now I have been in the Ireland discord for a few days now and I have to say, it seems lit. I'm super happy to be there. TDZ and Evok have been awesome as mentors in this league. Beaver is a legit dude. And there are plenty of others in the Ireland discord (including my boys Unicorn and Dermott) that have made the IIHF experience a positive one already. So I'm super happy they had the most posts! It made it really easy to decide and I am aware I can change my decision, but that will not happen. I'm very happy here and prospects who are undecided should really take a good look at the potential activity of a country before deciding where to go. As prospects we don't get to decide which SHL team or smjhl team we get drafted to, but we can choose our country (even though they can't outwardly recruit us) so it's an awesome thing.

How is the SHL so far

Honestly? I love it so far. You guys do things here pretty well. I don't know too much about hockey, and though the point task rules and media rules are fairly similar to the other leagues I am in, I have gotten a lot of help from the rookie mentors. This site is pretty confusing and intimidating at first, but people in the rookie discord like TDZ, Evok, Pris, Winter is Coming, Pretty burn, Zoone and Sarmo have been awesome and helpful. The idea of having a discord specifically for a rookie class is super smart for a few reasons. First off it gives the rookies a chance to get to know the mentors and head office people pretty early on. Secondly it builds a sense of friendship with the other people in your draft class as you get to know them. The off season hasn't even really started (as far as I know) and it's been a blast to be here so far.

Where do you want to be drafted

This is a very interesting topic and one that I will go through pretty detailed. I know a GM on most of these teams so I'll talk about their branding and whether I would want to play for them.Lets start off with the teams in alphabetical order. I don't know how much any of these teams need a winger or how good they are, so I'm going solely off of their GMs, logos and names.

The Detroit Falcons would be pretty fun to play on I think. I mean first off, I know BOTH of their GMs (the only team I can say that about) and they both seem like fun dudes. Wozy and I are in a few leagues together and he's a funny guy, so I wouldn't mind to be on a junior team GMed by him. Wouldn't be a huge fan of playing in the city of detroit, but I would survive. The team looks logo looks good and again Wozy and Waters seem like they would make a team fun to be on.

The Halifax Raiders are the only team that I have never interacted with a GM. But I have to say, their logo is fucking lit. Its pretty similar color scheme wise to the Oakland Raiders in the NFL, (logo too) but over all I think its nice. I don't really know where Halifax is (other than Canada) but like it seems like a real weird place to have a professional team. I guess this is the minor leagues and all, so whatever. I wouldn't mind playing here as long as the GMs are good dudes.

The Montreal Militia is an interesting team name. I'm not huge on team names that don't end in S but the alliteration is pretty legit. Their logo is also honestly pretty boring to me. Montreal however is an awesome city (definitely my favorite city I've been to in Canada). I don't know drodger at all but I do know Keygan. Though he has given me a lot of headaches in the league I'm head office in ( Rant ) he's a good dude who I get along with. Based upon the name and logo wouldn't be my first choice, but I'm certainly willing to play here if they draft me.

The St. Louis Scarecrows. Now THAT is a team name. And a HELL of a logo. Love it. It's also in an American City that I like. Those are ALL big pluses. I really can't get over the logo, it looks really cool and is a perfect minor league hockey team logo. In addition to that I know one of their General Managers pretty well. I don't know TML at all, but I know Joe from NSFL and PBE. He's a dedicated sim league member and I'm sure he's a good General Manager here. I'm in to being drafted by St. Louis.

The Colorado Mammoths are another team that I don't know much about. Great location for a hockey team, and cool looking name and logo. I don't know Toe Dragon at all, but I have briefly spoken with Incite. Don't really have an opinion on him either way to be honest, but seems nice enough. I would com here if they drafted me.

The Kelowna Knights. This is weird. This is the first city I legit haven't heard of. I'm going to assume they are canadian? From quick googling is looks like it's in Brittish Columbia, but why would you have two teams in Brittish Columbia? That seems weird. Any ways the logo is nice enough and I don't know Nour though I've heard good things. I've spoken with Samee a couple times in general discords and he seems like a really good dude. Definitely wouldn't mind going to Kelowna wherever the heck it is.

The Prince George Fire birds. Wait. I just googled Prince George and it is ALSO in British Columbia. Why? Who in their right minds would put three of the eight SMJHL teams in the same province in Canada, a province with a lower population than the city I live in. That seems like a real weird choice. Really weird. Any way I don't know which of Kelowna, PG or VAN came first so I won't hold it against any of the three them that there are 3 teams in the same province. Fire Birds is an awesome name and they have an awesome logo. Additionally Sleepy is one of the General Managers and he was my teammate on the Baltimore Hawks in the NSFL and is a really good dude. This is probably my top choice of teams to go to because I've already been on a squad with him (in a league he doesn't care about that much) and would LOVE to see how he is as GM. I don't know spooked, but Sleepy alone makes this a top destination.

Finally the Vancouver Whalers. This is a great city. I am the founding General Manager of the Pro Baseball Experience team in Vancouver and would love to be on the Whalers here. I know Teddy super well, he helped us a lot with the logos in PBE and is an overall top notch dude. I don't know his co GM adamantium but its a great user name. Whalers I think is a defunct NHL team is my memory serves me correct, so a bit weird of a namer to choose, but logo looks cool and I wouldn't mind coming here.

SO there it is. There's my introduction to the SHL. Hope everyone who read this enjoyed it!

If I’m not mistaken (I VERY well could be.)

The SMJHL was previously some acronym to do with British Columbia or something.

NWJHL maybe? Can anyone confirm?

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

And don’t worry I give head office here plenty of headaches too.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

I can tell you how sleepy is as a gm. He is a gud boi

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Keygan+Jan 12 2018, 12:45 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (Keygan @ Jan 12 2018, 12:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->If I’m not mistaken (I VERY well could be.)

NWJHL maybe? Can anyone confirm?[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-Keygan@Jan 12 2018, 12:46 PM
And don’t worry I give head office here plenty of headaches too.[/quote]

Yes and yes

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

Quote:Originally posted by Keygan@Jan 12 2018, 12:45 PM
If I’m not mistaken (I VERY well could be.)

NWJHL maybe? Can anyone confirm?

Ahhhhhhh That makes A LOT of sense then. It was a NW Canada based league. Thanks man!

NWJHL = North Western Junior Hockey League

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Quote:Originally posted by ml002@Jan 12 2018, 12:57 PM
I can tell you how sleepy is as a gm. He is a gud boi
Gud boi can draft iamslm. Sleepy can't.

[Image: capybar22_600.png]

Strong as fuck first media. Make sure you mark this as your first media so that you get the double playout.

Quote:Originally posted by iamslm22+Jan 12 2018, 12:40 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (iamslm22 @ Jan 12 2018, 12:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
Now I have been in the Ireland discord for a few days now and I have to say, it seems lit. I'm super happy to be there.

It made it really easy to decide and I am aware I can change my decision, but that will not happen. I'm very happy here and prospects who are undecided should really take a good look at the potential activity of a country before deciding where to go. As prospects we don't get to decide which SHL team or smjhl team we get drafted to, but we can choose our country (even though they can't outwardly recruit us) so it's an awesome thing.[/b]
Can confirm choosing Ireland was the correct decision.

Quote:Originally posted by iamslm22@Jan 12 2018, 12:40 PM<br />Montreal however is an awesome city (definitely my favorite city I've been to in Canada).
We're smelly frenchies. If you're into that I won't judge.

<!--QuoteBegin-iamslm22@Jan 12 2018, 12:40 PM
I don't know drodger at all but I do know Keygan. Though he has given me a lot of headaches in the league I'm head office in ( Rant ) he's a good dude who I get along with.[/quote]
Drodger is the guy who keeps Keygan in line for the most part and shuts down his hare-brained ideas. I think you two would have a lot to commiserate over in that regard.

Jack Tanner (D) - [Player Page] [Player Updates]

[Image: mH3z832.png]

[Image: Beaver.gif]
One sig is tweed's and the other was a karlssens/Copenhagen collab

AC | Bank | Claims

good read
(I’m surprised there was no mention of your friend bloos who’s on Ireland)

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Quote:Originally posted by bluesfan55@Jan 12 2018, 02:48 PM
good read
(I’m surprised there was no mention of your friend bloos who’s on Ireland)

Love you too bloos <3 Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers

Sleepy is surprisingly very awake here.

Also PGF best SMJHL team. It is known

UpdatesPlayer Page
The Journey

6,000 mile road#DidItForDildo1,700 miles more
A Silver Road

Drought Ender, Curse Breaker, Firebird

Firebirds

It is known

[Image: petrov2.png]
[Image: muford_hof_sig.png]