Create Account

SMJHL s39 Prospects Profile By Gaby Last Update: January 22

Code:
4065 words x2 article
Disclaimer:
-I've only been here for 2 months, so most of the things I wrote about long time members are more than likely inaccurate.
-All goalie builds look the same so I didn't mention strengths/weaknesses
-Strengths/Weaknesses for 155 TPE builds is kinda dumb but but… I need money
-Finally, you will quickly realise my english ain't so great.

<div align="center">
Ashley J. Caboose
Ht/Wt : 6’1’’/210
Position : RW
Player build : Sniper
Strengths:
•great height and size for a forward
•good skater(70), great cardio(70)
Under Construction (Improvements to make) :
•he has a pretty good shot but not among the best snipers in the draft
•he might struggle at first against physical dmen (40 strenght)
Draft projected : 1st round
@JPL is a member since 2012. It's not his first player, the guy has been around long enough to know what he's doing. The first eligible guy for this draft, he will have a pretty nice advantage over most players with extra activity check and training. I'm also assuming he's rich as fuck, equipment cost won't be an issue.

Chad Butler
Ht/Wt : 6’6’’/250
Position : D
Player build : Offensive
Strengths :
•He doesn't stand out in any cats, but does a lot of things really well
Under construction (Improvements to make) :
•Will need to improve pretty fast his passing and scoring if he wants to be an effective offensive d-man
Draft Projected : 2nd-3rd rnd
@Allen has been on this website since May 2015. He's a 2x Challenge Cup champion, he knows what it takes to create a winner. It sure is an unusual build, a 6’6’’ 250 pounds offensive d-man is quite rare. It seems he might be switching to forward later in his career, we will see if it could scare some GMs.

Jensen Trygg
Ht/Wt :6’5’’/240
Position :RW
Player build :two-way
Strengths :
•one of the best defensive mind forward in this draft(75 def)
•with his size and strength, it's hard to get the puck off of him
Under construction(improvements to make) :
•will need to work on his stamina if he wants to get more ice time (40 end)
Draft projected : 5th+ rnd
@Barca is a new member who created in my opinion a pretty good starting build. He only has 8 messages so far so I'm assuming he did the basics but nothing more like media or IT threads. I believe it will lead him to be a pretty late pick but there’s still plenty of time to change his destiny.

Petr Hasek
Ht/Wt :6’6’’/250
Position : G
Player build : Stand-up
Draft projected :2nd-3rd rnd pick
@ORIGINSZ has been on the website since december 2011, that has to make him one of the original members. Been around for so long, he has to know a lot of people, including SMJHL GMs. He must also be swimming in money, it's always an important factor. I've read goalies pretty much use all the same build, if that so, I believe he will be the second one off the board just behind Wastlund. If he had chose any other positions, he would have been a lock in the 1st round. So many good goalies were drafted last season, the demand might be low.

Reginald Rove
Ht/Wt :6’3’’/170
Position : LW
Player build : playmaker
Strengths :
•one of the best playmaker in this draft (75 passing)
•He will be expected to have the puck on his stick quite a lot, he will need to improve his puckhandling (55)
Draft projected : 3rd-4th rnd
@Yurt6 is one of the most promising new member. He joined at the perfect time to have an upper hand in training and activity check compare to the other prospects. He seems pretty active and with a good starting build, things are looking good for Reginald.

Conor McGregor
Ht/Wt :6’2’’/195
Position : C
Player build : two-way
Strengths :
• he's a really good goal scorer, especially for a center (70 scoring)
•Will need to improve in the dot (55 faceoffs)
•pretty low defense for a two way forward (55)
Draft projected : 2nd rnd pick
@Winter is coming is another long time member who knows what he's doing. With over 6000 posts, he's been really active and GMs know they can count on him to participate in all the TPE tasks. I'm assuming again money shouldn't be an issue, I don't see how he would fall below the second round.

Asti-Tabarnak Fleur-De-Lys-Lapoutine III
Ht/Wt :6’2’’/210
Player build : offensive
Strengths :
•A good goal scorer who is also good without the puck (70 scoring and defense)
• Endurance is a bit low compared to other prospects (50)
Draft projected : 2nd or 4th (wildcard)
@HabsFanFromOntario is the hardest member to rank in this draft. On one hand, he's been around forever so he's pretty well known and popular. On the other end, he wasn’t active with his previous player so it’s something that could scare some teams. If he's serious this time around, one lucky team will end up with a steal.

Walter Hobbs
Ht/Wt :6’3’’/185
Player build : Hybrid
@Jearim is a member since January 2nd and has a whooping 2 posts. I'm sure he's a great guy but it seems he's already done here. Not much else to say.

Krists Zommers
Ht/Wt :5’11’’/200
Strengths :
• He's really good with the puck on his stick and also a good finisher(70 scoring and ph)
•He’s not the biggest guy and his lack of strength might slow him the first few weeks
@zuumijs is another new member who hasn't been the most active with only 7 posts. He had an advantage signing up earlier than most new members but he didn't take capitalise.

Gilmore Tuttle
Ht/Wt :6’4’’/2 (not a typo)
Strengths :
• Nice balance build, no major weaknesses
• He's okay at everything but great at nothing
Draft projected :4th rnd
@Gilmore Tuttle is a new member who has done good enough to help his draft stock. He's not in the most active new guys but I have a weird feeling whoever get him late will be happy with that selection

Daddy Mack
Ht/Wt :6’3’’/225
Strengths :
• A good goal scorer who is also responsible defensively (70 scoring and def)
•Great size at 6’3’’, but he needs to hit the gym (48 strenght)
Draft projected : 1st rnd
@Mack is a veteran member who has been really active lately with media articles. It's not his first player and seems really motivated with his new one. A former Challenge Cup champion, I expect him to go on the top 5.

Quinn Cullen
Ht/Wt :6’1’’/205
Position :LW
Player build : Playmaker
Strengths :
•One of the fastest forward in this rookie class (70 speed)
• A good passer, especially for a winger
He will need to improve his stamina and his play without the puck so the coach can use him against good lines
Draft projected :4th
@Pamplemousse joined the site in octobre, so I'm not too sure what happened with his previous player. It might be a red flag or I'm completely wrong and it's nothing to worry about. Anyway, this one is hard to predict but he seems to be known by a few people so I expect a mid draft selection.

Iam Essellemm
Ht/Wt :6’2’’/200
Strengths :
•One of the best goal scorers available for s39 draft (75 scoring)
•Good at a lot of things, no major weaknesses
• Playing against strong and physical dmen could be an issue early on in his rookie season
Draft projected : 3rd rnd
@iamslm22 is one of the most active new member. He also created a solid sniper build so I expect him to be one of the first new members to be selected.

Blue Moon Barthelemy
Ht/Wt : 6’3’’/210
Player build : Butterfly
Draft projected :2nd-3rd rnd
@Ramicus is an another returning vet. A member since 2012, it's not his first goalie so he knows what he's doing. Once again, I'll assume his bank account is looking great, he will be able to afford equipment easily. There was a lot of succesful goalies drafted last season, with only 8 teams, the open spots might be limited. The only reason that could explain a potential fall.

Viktor Valentine
Ht/Wt :6’2’’/213
Player build : defensive
Strengths :
•most scouts consider him the best best defender off all dmen available (80 def)
•A bit weak, especially for a defensive d-man (50 Strength)
Draft projected :4th rnd
@Unicorn is an another new user who has been fairly active. I'm actually quite impressed what he's been able to do with his 155 points. If I was a GM, I would take a chance on the guy just because of it. One of those guys I could see getting drafted pretty late in Juniors but doing much better in the SHL draft.

Jean-Luc Picard
Ht/Wt :6’3’’/230
Draft projected : 4th-5th rnd
@pennywise hasn't been the most active since creating his player. It's a damn shame because the SHL could used some Star Trek memes. There's still some hope with a few days remaining, I'm really hoping for a comeback.

Jack Daniels
Ht/Wt :6’4’’/210
Player build : Two-way
Strengths :
•One of the most fit young guy in this draft (70 endurance)
• Good but not amazing defense for a two-way forward, especially when he's not known to be an offensive juggernaut (65 def, 45 scoring)
Draft projected :1st-2nd rnd
@TheNextGreatOne is trying this time with a forward after creating a d-man who played 16 seasons. If he's as motivated this time around, he's gonna be for sure a top prospect being such a reliable member.

Michael O'Dowd
Ht/Wt :6’1’’/190
Player build : Playmaker
Strengths :
•Great passer, finds the open man quite easily with his vision (75 passing)
•Poor puckandler, especially for a center
Draft projected :3rd-4th rnd
@Sour_Chin_Music has been fairly active since joining the website 6 days ago. With his 11 posts, I'm assuming he did most of the basic tasks to earn TPE. His build isn't bad but I feel other centers look better right now. But who am I to judge, I'm an idiot who put 20 pts in fighting. I could see this player been a valuable piece for a junior team in a few seasons.

Grim Wastlund
Ht/Wt :6’5’’/225
Draft projected : 2nd rnd (top 3 pick any other positions)
I've only been on this website since november but it didn't take long when looking everywhere that @Wasty is one of the most popular guy. Like I said elsewhere, I feel a lot of teams figured out their goalie situation with last year draft so I don't see any goalie going very early. But, he will definately be the first one off the board.

Max Hansen
Ht/Wt :6’0’’/223
Player build : Power forward
I might be too quick to judge this player. After all, he’s been registered on the website for only 5 days. But fact is @mbhansen also only have 5 mess. It isn't looking so good but there’s some time left before the draft to prove me wrong.

Florence Clijsters
Ht/Wt : 5’4’’ 141
Player build : Two-way
Strengths : • Great goal scorer, especially for a two way center (75)
• Most scouts agree Florence should play as a winger the first season with her very low faceoff skills (40)
Draft projected : 2nd-3rd
That is one of a kind build. I know pretty much nothing about STHS, I'm guessing height and weight don't factor too much by the looks of it. @enigmatic has been around far more than me and far more knowledgeable. He (she?) had a great career with his former player so it's almost guaranteed for whoever draft Clijsters to have a nearly cap build at the start of season 40. 2nd rnd prediction is probably too low honesty.

Rainier Cartwright-Davis
Ht/Wt : 6’1’’/180
Strengths :
•A really nifty and shifty player (70 speed)
•Good in the dot, really valuable especially being a 2 way fwd (70)
• His play without the puck is a bit underwhelming (55)
•Rely a lot on his wingers to carry the puck in the neutral zone, quite unusual for a center(40 ph)
Draft projected : Early 2nd rnd
There are so many quality recreates in this draft it's unbelievable. Now, with a better grasp of how things work, @RainDelay 's player would have been a 1st rnd pick in last year draft. I still think he could be, but the competition is so tight it's hard to tell. I've read he didn’t have much success with his previous player, I'm sure he's really motivated this time around for a better career.

Daniel Garland
Ht/Wt :6’2’’/210
I might sound a bit too harsh on new members who have signed up not so long ago. It's just I've been a 7th rnd draft pick by being put in a similar situation (joining with less than 5 days before draft day). There's still some time left for @daniel_garland to improve his draft stock, I wish you the best because it's a really good starting build

Ensio Kalju
Ht/Wt :6’3’’/220
Position : LD
Strengths :
•Good skater, can follow the rush really easily and fast enough to recover from turnovers (70 skating)
•A surprising physical player, especially for an offensive d-man
•His breakout passes need some work (50 passing)
Draft projected : 1st-2nd
@jRuutu had a lot of success in international tournament with his previous player. Around since september 2014, I don't expect him to struggle to pay his player some equipment. An another great pick for whatever team he ends up, a franchise player.

Greg Connors
Ht/Wt : 6’1’’/205
Strengths :
•Really good in one on one situation, rarely get beat (70 def)
•No real weaknesses, but only average in a lot of aspects of his game
Draft projected : 3rd-4th
@Bobcat looks like one of the most promising new member. This is a really good starting build and he's also pretty active since joining. An another member I feel will get draft higher in the SHL than the SMJHL by proving himself this season.

Paz Tappers
Ht/Wt :6’1’’/205
Strengths :
•Good at lot of facets of this game
•Doesn’t stand put in any skills
Draft projected : 1st-2nd
I've been looking at like 40 builds doing this article and I'm truly a fan of this one. I know it doesn’t mean much as after a few seasons most build look the same. But hats to you @linsangeles, I really enjoyed your build (doesn't mean much coming from a newbie I know). Also a 3x Challenge Cup champion, I don't see Tappers falling off the 2nd rnd.

Tylor Schofield
Ht/Wt :5’11’’/162
Strengths :
•Probably the most offensive gifted in the whole draft. The guy can pass, snipe and dangle
• He's pretty much useless in the defensive zone(40 def)
•Gets tired rather quickly(40 endurance)
Draft projected :5th+ round
@tylorschofield created a really fun pure offensive dynamo. I'm curious to see how his guy would do in the stats sheet compared to other rookies in the first few weeks of the season when everyone is around 190 TPE. I'm a bit worried that his activity level so far will hurt his draft position.

Aleksandr Aleksandrov Jr.
Ht/Wt :6/4(not a typo)
I had the pleasure to be on the same team with @dmuda11 former player Aleksandr Aleksandrov. He got traded to PGF and was able to win the cup. His previous goalie hold many records in Colorado history books, he knows how to create a dominant goaltender. Add to the fact he's also a great and funny dude, any teams that will get him will be happy. Like I explained so many times in this article, the only reason I rank him this low is because he's a goalie.

GOD McZehrl
Ht/Wt :6’2’’/203
Strengths :
•One of the few prospects not standing out in anything, well balance everywhere
•No glaring weakness, just not great at anything
Draft projected :1st rnd(top 3)
This build is really similar to Taz Tappers I talk about earlier. I'm really a fan of those well balance build to start with. The reason I put @Chris-McZehrl ahead is because he's been really really active, posting a lot of great media contents. A 5x champion and with over 20000 posts, I think I saw enough to proclaim you the number one d-man in this draft.

Mikkel Haugen
Ht/Wt :6’4’’/220
Player build : Power forward
Strengths :
•One of the best center in the faceoff circle (75)
•Probably the strongest forward in this years draft (75)
•He’s most of the time out of position in the defensive zone, making it harder for his dmen (40 def)
Draft projected :2nd rnd
@Count Chocula is a long time member and also currently a GM in the IIHF. I'm assuming he has experience with STHS so I'm sure he tested different builds before creating his new guy. Money shouldn't be an issue, I don't see this guy been available when the 3rd rnd starts.

Luuk Kraaijkamp
Ht/Wt :6’1’’/201
Player build : playmaker
Strengths :
•One of the most offensive gifted forward (70 passing, ph, skating)
Under construction (Improvements to make)
•Low endurance might hurt his time on ice at the beginning of the season (40)
Draft projected : 2nd rnd, pick 16(whaddup)
I will always have a ton of respect for @InciteHysteria. He took a chance on me last season with his last pick when I was still a clueless frenchie with a shit player build. He could have just draft me and not reach out and that would have been the end of my experience here. I'll probably be here for a long time and it's thanks to him. Kraaijkamp would have been a sure 1st rnd pick but no one but Colorado can draft him. Incite looked really excited to try out a new position, a lot of time and thinking have been put behind this build.

Blaine McElroy
Ht/Wt :5’11’’/200
Strengths :
• He's reliable defensively and can quarterback a powerplay (65 scoring, def)
Under construction(Improvements to make)
•He’s a pretty small d-man, his lack of strength is a bit concerning(51)
Draft projected :3rd rnd
It's great to see a new member been pretty active since joining. This draft is heavy in recreates but @D-man05 could be draft fairly early if he keeps on going like that. The build also looks pretty good, I'm sure SHL GMs will keep an eye on him for the next draft if he keels it up.

Gylfi Kristofersson
Ht/Wt :6’10’’/295
Strengths :
•Biggest forward in the entire draft, not amazing at anything but does a lot of things well
•He’s not nearly as physical as you could expect with a player of this size
Draft projected : 1st-2ndrnd
@Kris created quite an unusual build, which I really appreciate. I don't know much how the sim engine really works, but down the road when his player will be over 1000 TPE it would make sense if he's one of the best in the faceoff circle being bigger than most. Kris has been on the website for more than a year, I'm sure he's well known by SMJHL GMs.

Mikko Kettunen
Ht/Wt :6’1’’/185
Strengths :
•Not amazing in any areas, he does a lot of things very well
Under construction (Improvements to make)
•Centers often have the puck on their stick, he's not a great puck carrier (53 ph)
One of the last guy to sign up and eligible for the draft, @Finnish_Jager has been really active with 19 posts. I'm assuming he did all the tasks to earn TPE, he should be one of the few new members to get draft rather early.

Otis B. Driftwood
Ht/Wt :6’8’’/325
Strengths :
•His long reach and defensive awareness make it really hard for opposite forwards to get past him(68 def)
•A player of this size would benefit in playing more agressively (40 checking)
Draft projected :2nd-3rd rnd
@Slappydoodle literally created a finesse giant d-man. Of course, the attributes will look a lot different at the end of the season but for now it's a pretty unique build. He's been on the website for almost 3 years, cash shouldn’t be an issue for quickly upgrading this monster. I'm just afraid he might fall a bit compared to the other recreates as some GMs might not know how to use Driftwood properly.

Crystal Roy
Ht/Wt :6’0’’/200
Strengths :
•A good passer, he's really good at settings his wingers for easy goals (70 passing)
•Labelled as a two-way forward, scouts expect more out of him in the d zone(55def)
Draft projected :4th-5th rnd
One of the youngest player eligible for the draft, Roy start with a bit of a disavantage. There's still some time left before draft day to make up for it and @Crystal Ice is on the right path. He already has 15 posts in the forums and could see his player draft earlier with some media content.

James Dekens
Ht/Wt :6’0’’/205
Player build :sniper
Draft projected : 5th+ round
@monkey10pts has only add 3 more mess after creating his player, things aren't looking good.

Eri Arai
Ht/Wt :5’9’’/156
Strengths :
•The fastest skating d-man in the entire draft (75)
•Scouts are a bit scared he might have a rough time to ajust to the physical play in the SMJHL by being pretty small and rather weak(40 Strength)
@Angels_Otani joined only a few days ago but he's doing a fantastic job to keep up with other new members. He also created a pretty solid player which should also improve his draft stock. There's enough time left to stand out of this others .

Kire Yelkrab
Ht/Wt :5’9’’/200
Player build :playmaker
Strengths :
•He’s really fast in straight lines and can turn on a dime (70 skating)
• His playmaking ability is not as good compared to other top playmaker prospects (55 passing)
The last member to be officially sign up for the draft is @emBARK. It's always harder to make a good impression when you're one of the last to join as it takes some times to figure out what there is to do and where to find it. I also joined really late and I can say you're doing a better job than I did with already 19 posts. Things are looking good for emBARKK as he could turn into a steal if available after the 4th rnd.</div>

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

Oh my god Gaby, I love you.

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

also your English is awesome btw

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

thank you for this great words Smile

small but for me honor note ... I won this 5 cups with 5 different SHL Teams. that is so amazing Smile

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

Tylor is here to score goals. What is back checking? My defense is the first thing i’m working on growing thanks to some useful advice from GM’s. This is my first build so i just wanted an E L I T E goal scorer. Also i log on very frequently, will definitely post more!

Hey let's be frenchies with shit builds together!

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

Heck yeah, I got some love lol.

Great read, thanks!

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

Wtf gaby you said youd out me at 1st place I gave you my bad rats collection and everything

[Image: izzy.PNG]