Create Account

Luongo to Toronto is 90% done

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1199813

CBSSPORTS.COM blog: Luongo To Leafs "90% done"; Credible Source?
For whatever this MIGHT be worth, this was posted a half hour ago by their NHL blogger Brian Stubits:

Quote:
Among potential teams, there is a short list of ones that would seem to make the most sense and according to one supposed Canucks insider, the Maple Leafs are about to see it through.

A well-placed source told NHL Beat that a deal that would send Roberto Luongo to the Toronto Maple Leafs is "90% done", and will be completed by the draft, if not free agency.

It is unknown at the time what the Canucks would be receiving in return for the star goaltender, who has already publicly stated that he would be willing to waive his no-trade-clause.

Samir Javer, @samjam99 via Vancitybuzz.com

Before we go any further, note that the plausibility of this rumor happening seems high. The Leafs badly need help in goal, their GM Brian Burke knows Vancouver having been the GM there once upon a time and Luongo reportedly wants out. Thus you have the ingredients to look like a successful rumor.

As for the source? Well Canucks Army, a team blog, seems to find him plenty credible. Just a sample of the evidence as to why: "This isn't some dude guessing about what the Canucks are going to do, this is a kid who had Sulzer and Hodgson heading to Buffalo in exchange for Gragnani and Kassian thirty minutes before any mainstream outlets were reporting it. He correctly had Sulzer in the trade damn it -- so you know he wasn't just guessing."
http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/ey...g-a-maple-leaf

More on why the source is considered credible by some, here:

Quote:
Yesterday, for example, a Twitter user known as "@SamJam99" tweeted that the Canucks and Leafs had agreed upon a deal for Roberto Luongo, and were simply holding off on the announcement until late June or early July. Often times a rumour tweet of this nature will surface (@*************** tweeted that the deal was "80% complete" just last week) and everyone will write it off. @SamJam99, however, has beaten the mainstream media on three major occasions over the past several years.

He first gained notoriety when he was the first to accurately state that the Canucks were going to file tampering charges against Ron Wilson and the Leafs over their Sedin twins comments in the summer of 09. In the fall of 2011, he was thirty minutes ahead of TSN on the exact particulars of the David Booth for Marco Sturm and Mikael Samuelsson swap. In February of 2012 he beat TSN by a similar margin with again, the exact particulars of the buzzer-beating Hodgson for Kassian trade on trade deadline day.

Again, this isn't some dude guessing about what the Canucks are going to do, this is a kid who had Sulzer and Hodgson heading to Buffalo in exchange for Gragnani and Kassian thirty minutes before any mainstream outlets were reporting it. He correctly had Sulzer in the trade damn it - so you know he wasn't just guessing.

A kid with a shady, reliable source is one thing, but it's just one part of a larger tableau of what's been a particularly fascinating, "game-changing" season for the Canucks on Twitter. It has been so odd, and so unique, that I think it's worth discussing further.
http://canucksarmy.com/2012/5/31/the...low-on-twitter

This does not mean this is true, but is it interesting?

Last edited by BillyD: Yesterday at 10:42 PM.

Apparently the same source says Schultz is likely going to Toronto. One of the Minnesota Wild insiders also thinks Schultz will be a leaf. I hope Burke doesn't give up too much for Luongo. Mac, Franson, and the 35th pick max.

Mac,Franson,Armstrong, and a 2nd or 3rd doesn't seem too bad

especially if we're getting schultz

He's not coming to the Bolts :(

i don't know how I feel about this, I don't think Reimer is done but I do like the idea of bringing in a vet to play net behind our young group. I'd rather try to get Vokoun for a shorter term and see how Reimer progresses.

where's the source on Schultz?

Luongo will have an 8 goal night against Boston and Leafs fans will be calling for his head, calling it now.

[Image: eyM9Y3U.png]

[Image: 2gotrRl.png]

Ugh... Schultz is an Oiler, why would the Wild be moving him to Toronto?

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

Quote:Originally posted by spidey@Jun 1 2012, 09:21 AM
Different Schultz

i didnt make it past the link that said hf boards. total garbage

Quote:Originally posted by spidey@Jun 1 2012, 09:21 AM
Justin Schultz, big up and coming offensive defenseman, Bob MacKenzie compares him to Drew Doughty, he's a UFA coming out of college, former first-round pick of the Anaheim Ducks and college roommate of Jake Gardiner.

Look forward to your amazing regular seasons and your first round exits.

[Image: CamNosreh.png]

Quote:Originally posted by jkrever@Jun 1 2012, 10:03 AM

Justin Schultz, big up and coming offensive defenseman, Bob MacKenzie compares him to Drew Doughty, he's a UFA coming out of college, former first-round pick of the Anaheim Ducks and college roommate of Jake Gardiner.

Schultz was a second rounder, selected with Anaheims second pick in the draft behind Jake Gardiner who was a first rounder and Anaheims first pick in the same draft.

Quote:Originally posted by noptwor@Jun 1 2012, 10:01 AM
i didnt make it past the link that said hf boards. total garbage

Oh my... :facepalm:

I just copied the guy on HF's thread about it. He was only quoting the info from the sites.

Quote:Originally posted by Joker582@Jun 1 2012, 10:20 AM
Look forward to your amazing regular seasons and your first round exits.

Yeah because Vancouver losing in the finals was Luongo's fault.