Create Account

Hamilton Steelhawks end of season presser plus announcement

The Hamilton Steelhawks again for the second year in a row have been kicked out of the Challenge Cup Playoffs in the Conference Final. It's a tough loss but the eastern conference as of right now are in a position where anyone can win it. There aren't any truly favorites in terms of being a Challenge Cup Contender and it will lead up to some interesting playoff battles against the Platoon, North Stars, Wolfpack, Chiefs, Rage, and Stampede all looking like strong teams.

We still believe in the core in the Steelhawks of Myself, Westbrook, Odjick, Konig, Phelps, and Wozy as guys that are locked up long-term for the foreseeable future. We got other individuals that are still on the team that we would like to lock them to stay for a very long time in Blackwell, Harrak, Owens, Vakarian, and Abes who we all feel like great individuals to our locker room. We also have the 4th Overall pick in the upcoming draft and we hope to use that to select someone else that will add youth and excitement to this organization. This team is highly talented and I believe we got a chance to win a challenge cup every season as I feel like we can make the playoffs every season and really with sths that's all you can ask for.

I got an announcement to make that might shake up this team in a way. I will be stepping down from General Manager and Gooney will also be stepping down from Co-General Manager. We are both going to stay in Hamilton for the rest of our careers which we both expect to be very long. We both feel like the team needs someone else in charge as they will have a different outlook on this team and with our lack of playoff success that might be best. I recommended someone for General Manager position that I feel like should be a sure-fire bet to land the job as he is quite interested to be GM of the Hamilton Steelhawks. I am going, to be honest with everyone here and if this individual does not get the job or if someone on Hamilton doesn't get the job there will be a shitstorm. I am pissed that the HO is going to apps, it delays the process of transition from a different management team. The off-season is coming up soon and it will be important for Hamilton. Right now the team is like in a standstill in the sense that there really isn't a general manager managing the team right now which is kinda weird and disappointing.

Again I feel like we built a great team finally here in Hamilton and the people here currently are still going to try their best in bringing home a championship for the steelhawks. Its been a long 12 seasons as General Manager. I think that roughly translate to 2 years in real life, maybe 2 and a half years. I forget. That's a long time to be managing an SHL Team. It's a tough job and its something I always felt like people like wasty, leafs, and GOB are rare when it comes to Managing an SHL Team. My respect for these individuals is high that they are/were able to manage an SHL team for 20+ Seasons. They were able to do it for so long and I don't think I was ever going to be able to Manage that long ever. I think I am the longest tenured Steelhawk General Manager for fuck sakes. It's a difficult task that is tough on you as a member of the SHL. I just want to focus on my player right now I want to now focus on the career of Ben Dover and trying to make him last as long as possible.

The person that I recommended the HO to pick as General Manager for the Hamilton Steelhawks, I think the moment I drafted him, I knew that he will one-day replacement me as General Manager of this team. The team is still in good hands and I don't expect any turmoil or any backlash coming from this change. I expect us to challenge for the challenge cup next season and that Majority of our players won't leave as there is usually some sort of turnover when there is a General Manager change on an SHL team. I feel like this individual has the same vision on building an SHL team, is knowledgeable in sths, and is a hard worker that wants to win in Hamilton. I feel like there are many other individuals other than the person I recommended that could GM an SHL Team one day on Hamilton and I really hope this position doesn't go to someone outside the organization.

I am going to be available for questions and I think maybe Gooney will be too. Honestly, this has nothing to do with our playoffs this season. We were going to step down if we won the challenge cup. This was something that we talked about doing for the last couple of weeks. Me and Gooney built a great team here in Hamilton and we feel like maybe a change is needed. We worked hard trying to rebuild or build this team as we had to go through two rebuilds together. We sucked for a lot of seasons and I think that made 8 out of those 12 seasons seem longer in the sense, we were quite active in trying to make this team into a great team. As a member that has been active on SHL since S6, I just wanted a change. We feel like we finally did it and built a team that is going to be a contender for quite some time. I will try and help the next General Manager transition into the role as much as possible too. I want this to be a smooth transition for this organization as I want to see this team win and I kinda feel like building this team is probably my greatest accomplishment in SHL.

I don't want to speak for Gooney but I knew that he was going to step down sooner rather than Later too. He did kinda step down a couple seasons back and we actually made an official announcement about it but the next day later he wanted back as Co. I am going to miss being a GM with Gooney and well now we are still going to be teammates and it's going to nice and relaxing as we dont have to worry about contracts being signed or making sure that we drafted the right person or had the right lineup for playoffs or if we are using x player right or how could we use x player and stuff like that. We can just relax and retire together like we have planned. I don't expect us to retire our players anytime soon. I still think I could play maybe 10 more seasons. It would be nice to try and be the leading defenseman scorer but Garbanzo is running away with that it seems. Now Im just rumbling along from season. I think its time to end this. Again, I will be here for questions if there will be any and I think gooney will be too. There might be some delay and today is fathers day so to the SHL Fathers out there. Happy Fathers Day and I hope you guys have a good day spending time with your family and stuff.

Code:
1263 words+469 words

Quote:Originally posted by .bojo+Jun 17 2018, 03:48 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (.bojo @ Jun 17 2018, 03:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->

How's life[/b]

Alright I guess. I freed up some time to enjoy life more recently from stepping down from the GM so hopefully that I will put that time into good use. Still recovering from my concussion that I got three months ago and just chilling with the family for now until I feel like I am back to my normal self. I am getting better now though. it feels like I am getting closer back to my normal self. The concussion has been part of the reason why I stepped down and from my lack of updating on SHL, missed GM tasks, etc.

Quote:Originally posted by BigTittySmitty@Jun 17 2018, 07:13 PM<br />Who did you recommend?

I recommended Teddy to be my replacement. I feel like he would do a perfect job and honestly probably is a better manager than myself. However, I honestly don't care as long as someone on the steelhawks family gets picked. If it is sleepy,nour,wozy,cynthia,crutch,etc. I think we have a lot of individuals who could do a great job gming the Steelhawks and this team will be in good hands. Which was also made me stepping down from the steelhawks position easier for me to do.

<!--QuoteBegin-ztevans@Jun 17 2018, 07:06 PM
Don't beat yourself up too much over the postseason outcomes. Y'all have done an incredible job to build Hamilton into the team they are now. Whoever replaces you will have a great team, and that's thanks to y'all. Take care, and welcome to the retired GM fraternity.  :D[/quote]

Ya, I am not beating myself up too much. I know STHS is a bitch and honestly as long as this team makes the post-season. We got a chance to win the challenge cup. The sim engine is very unpredictable. You could have lines that can beat a team 5-1 but end up losing to that same team with the same lines by 1 goal in 3 games. Plus the eastern conference has been tight as hell the last couple of seasons and it's going to make making the playoffs that much tougher for Hamilton.

Looking back at my Gming career I definitely made a lot of mistakes but without those mistakes, I wouldn't have people like <a href='index.php?showuser=2646' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>Sleepy</a>, <a href='index.php?showuser=2572' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-56'>DrunkenTeddy</a>, <a href='index.php?showuser=2683' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>nour</a>, <a href='index.php?showuser=2015' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-56'>formx</a>,<a href='index.php?showuser=1833' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Cynthia</a>, <a href='index.php?showuser=2005' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-74'>crutch</a>, <a href='index.php?showuser=2529' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-65'>Jakub</a>, @jme, <a href='index.php?showuser=2261' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Gooney</a>, <a href='index.php?showuser=2583' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-17'>QuantumCowboy</a> and <a href='index.php?showuser=74' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Tylar</a> on this team right now.

My biggest mistake, I would have to say was doing a full-blown rebuild from Day 1. That S31 draft failed for us because we didn't have anyone that was active on our SHL roster outside of me and dangles. Then I traded Dangles away as soon as he stepped down. I was in the pick collection business. Not the culture building business. I drafted a bunch of people that most of them had no background of talking to each other and expecting all of them to be friends right away. You cant force stuff like that. The biggest reason why the second rebuild worked was that Gooney stayed, Wozy stayed, Jakub Stayed. Teddy+QC knew each other from before, Ty+Gooney were friends, The Kebab Brothers, Cynthia and crutch always have friends to teddy, myself, gooney, nour, etc. There are already previous connections from before.

[Image: hallsy.png]

Hallsy and Goonman... you are some good dudes. Plenty to be proud of in what you guys accomplished. Cheers

[Image: Wally.png]

You've spent a long time as GM in Hamilton, and had a bunch of rough patches through your career. Props to you for never giving up and managing to build a fantastic roster that'll be around for a long time. Sad to see you step down.

Also would be funny if the 3 Steelhawks in HO don't choose a steelhawk as GM. theres a bunch of guys in there who are very ready for the job

GM's always go to apps,and most likely go to recommended person

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Quote:Originally posted by .bojo@Jun 17 2018, 01:05 PM
GM's always go to apps,and most likely go to recommended person

Nah only SMJHL did that. SHL didn't usually the guy who got recommended just had to get approved by HO if not it goes to apps.

Its to my knowledge that they are going to apps now cause GMs will get paid.

If I can get Hallsy in as GM then he can whoever he wants in as GM. Wink

It may not have gone the way thought it was going to go but you did a lot of good things during your time as GM of the Steelhawks.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Hallsy, my left index finger hurts v bad rn so i cant type as much as i would want to, but you were really a great gm, you managed to build a fantastic roster with way more turmoil than any gm should ever have to handle, and you made your replacement's job much easier than you could've if you stepped down the first time, or the second time, or the third time or the fourth time that things went badly. Your resilience in staying with this team through thick and thin has to be admired, and I'm glad you managed to build a roster you think think is cup-worthy, even if you weren't the one to make that cup happen.

Props to you for an amazing 2 and a half years as GM Cheers

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

Quote:Originally posted by Waters@Jun 17 2018, 01:16 PM
Hallsy, my left index finger hurts v bad rn so i cant type as much as i would want to, but you were really a great gm, you managed to build a fantastic roster with way more turmoil than any gm should ever have to handle, and you made your replacement's job much easier than you could've if you stepped down the first time, or the second time, or the third time or the fourth time that things went badly. Your resilience in staying with this team through thick and thin has to be admired, and I'm glad you managed to build a roster you think think is cup-worthy, even if you weren't the one to make that cup happen.

Props to you for an amazing 2 and a half years as GM&nbsp; Cheers

wat did u do to ur left index finger water?

Awful gm

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

Quote:Originally posted by ThatDamnMcJesus@Jun 17 2018, 03:19 PM

wat did u do to ur left index finger water?
its a secret

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

Quote:Originally posted by FourFour@Jun 17 2018, 02:20 PM
Awful gm
No u

About time

[Image: 6Xj1IWG.png]

Player Page || Update Thread || Signatures

[Image: PoQh1Wx.png] [Image: rmu9FS0.png][Image: VxdFjLy.png][Image: QKcW3J4.png] [Image: RoypPRF.png]

Hallsy I really enjoyed my time as your co. We went through a lot of shit seasons but we stayed strong. Sucks we never won the cup but I have full faith in our replacements. Glad I get to ride off into the sunset with you Halls man. I consider you a really good friend and I love you. Thanks for the opportunity buddy.

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]

<a href='index.php?showuser=283' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>ThatDamnMcJesus</a> Sorry.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Its been fun over the past 12 seasons halssy, definitely one of the GM's I communicated with the most.

Cheers

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]