Create Account

Post Draft Interview - Luke Thomason, Czech Plus!
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2018, 12:20 AM by KillTheArchitect. Edit Reason: Forgot to add word count! Added wrong tag. )

Jonáš Seagull

C.H.E.W.  (Czechoslovakian Hockey Entertainment Worldwide)
July 13th 2018

We have one last little feature and we're proud to bring in @"luketd" Luke Thomason

You’ve had a week to acclimate to your new team and surroundings. How are you liking it so far, is there anything that has been difficult to adjust to?  

Quote: I love my new team. They accepted me and the new draft people quickly into their ranks, and the training camp saw that. Veterans and young kids began to work together, making sure everyone had competition, and boy there was a lot. Nothing isn’t really that difficult to adjust to, but I think being a kid from Czechoslovakia did make it a little different with accents and I don’t speak perfect English, but as I spend more time in Canada I will get better at that.

Training camp is drawing to a close today and preseason games start tomorrow. Training camp is a very aspect of any player’s start of the season. What did you find yourself working on the most, what areas do you feel need the most improvement? 

Quote:Yeah, first of all, I am very excited to be in the preseason finally. I am in the 4th line with a very good roster with a lot of depth. What I worked on the most was mainly passing for 3 days. The coach said that I am very even player, but in order to play in the SMJHL I needed to work on my passing. The other 2 days I was training defensively.  I feel like a lot of rookies needed work at defense as I saw reports that all 5 days rookies were doing defense training.

Based on your draft position and where you are now heading into preseason. What do you hope to accomplish in your rookie season as the SHL entry draft draws closer? Do you have any expectations or feel any pressure to perform well on the ice and off the ice?

Quote:In my rookie season I would like to get better playing time as the season carries on. I would like my agent to reach out to the SHL teams as we get closer, so he can show them what I improved and why they should draft me. By the end of the season I would like to get consistent playing time. Maybe move up to the 3rd line, but the Whalers have a very good roster, so it would be hard to move up. As a team I would love to win the Cup, and I feel like we can get there. Heading into training camp, we had a meeting one on one with the coach and GM, and he laid out what he wanted from us and asked what we wanted to achieve ourselves. I feel no pressure on the ice, I want to get better and I know I can get better. Off the ice, I would like to get better at analyzing my play to get better.

On a lighter note before we leave you, can you tell us a funny story or situation that has happened at training camp? Any short of shenanigans or tom foolery?

Quote:In my rookie season I would like to get better playing time as the season carries on. I would like my agent to reach out to the SHL teams as we get closer, so he can show them what I improved and why they should draft me. By the end of the season I would like to get consistent playing time. Maybe move up to the 3rd line, but the Whalers have a very good roster, so it would be hard to move up. As a team I would love to win the Cup, and I feel like we can get there. Heading into training camp, we had a meeting one on one with the coach and GM, and he laid out what he wanted from us and asked what we wanted to achieve ourselves. I feel no pressure on the ice, I want to get better and I know I can get better. Off the ice, I would like to get better at analyzing my play to get better. Uh, a funny story. Hmm. Well a lot of the teammates were having fun at the shootout portion of the training camp. Each time we went up to try to outplay the goalie we tried to throw a glove at them while letting the puck slide through the five hole.

Thanks for taking the time to speak to us good luck in preseason and the upcoming regular season!

Quote:My pleasure! 

Word Count: 771 x2 

[Image: 9d3oxij.png] [Image: 8xyKeyf.png]
[Image: KillTheArchitect.gif]
--------------------------------------------------------------------
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]

Wow this sounds like a great guy

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]