Create Account

Record Watch

Joe McKeil’s 926 career point record, previously a steep mountain for any player to climb towards, was thought to be near unobtainable. McKeil played 24 seasons and by the end of it, his body was breaking down after years and years of excellency where he admittedly played more than he ever should have. For someone to break McKeil’s records, they would have had to play as long as he did or at the very least close while maintaining a decent level of production while praying that their body is able to continue playing in the SHL. A few seasons ago, the main challenger everyone was looking at was Esa Anrikkanen and with a stacked Calgary line-up, many still thought that Esa would get swamped out by the younger more talented players keeping McKeil’s records on lock-down………… Looking forwards a few seasons now, to hear how foolish that sounds to the current spectators and players in the SHL. Esa Anrikkanen didn’t just break the record, a feat that many thought only he could have done, someone else also beat McKeil’s record and is currently ahead of him too; Kristian Eriksson.

In this current age of the SHL, records are being both challenged and broken from a day to day basis around the league. The more well-known records such as McKeil’s points records have already been broken and are currently being challenged by other players at the moment such as Alonzo Garbanzo who is looking to further cement his legacy as the greatest defenseman the SHL has ever seen play the game. However there are hundreds of other records around the league that are looking to be broken or challenged in the near future. From all-time team records, to league wide PIMS records. Here are a few of the records to keep an eye on for them to be broken.
  • One thousand points:
The most exciting and recognizable record. This certainly had to be on the list, however this record won’t be getting broken this season unless something beyond crazy occurs. As of the time of this article, Eriksson is just 61 points away from the record while Anrikkanen is not far behind with 66 points away from reaching the 1000 point mark of the SHL. With both of their careers winding down and without many challengers closely behind them, their time to cement themselves as the first players in league history to break the 1000 point mark is running out. Looking forward to a big SHL-wide celebration for the first player to break 1000 points.
  • Hits Taken
A weird stat I know, but bear with me. It’s one of those stats that very few people look at when all’s done and ends well. Currently the record holder is Taylor McDavid at 2414 hits taken while the highest currently active leader is Esa with 2298 hits taken. It’s not the flashiest record out there but it’s certainly impressive to perhaps be known as one of the oldest players to ever play the game while also sustaining the most hits. It’s a stat that testifies to Esa’s unyielding will to continue playing for his Calgary Dragons.
  • Game Winning Goals
The “clutch” stat so be told. The current record for the SHL at this moment is the recently retired Theo Kane who scored 84 game winning goals in his career. And look who it is again, Esa Anrikkanen is only 6 game winning goals away with 78! The circumstances of this record breaking depends on Esa’s ability to score at the right time but look for this record to be broken to add to Esa’s collection.
  • Edmonton Blizzard team assists record
It’s going, it’s going, and IT’S OUTTA HERE. The previous record for the Blizzard was originally 378 assists by Theo Kane and Nikolas Scholtz was just 2 assists away from breaking the record from the start of the season. As of the time I am writing this Scholtz has 7 assists and thus he broke the record by 5 points now.
  • New England Wolfpack team goals and points record
Looking at the New England Wolfpack all time scorers, I don’t see a lot of NEW faces anymore (hue hue, please don’t kill me). Long-time leader Nathan Russell is about to have one of his biggest records broken by a player he brought in several years ago, Patrikov Bure. As of the time of this article being written, Bure is just 2 goals away from the all-time goals record by his teammate Raven Silverwing who retired last season, and he’s just 18 points away from beating Nathan Russell as the all-time Wolfpack leader in points. He’s not got much juice left in the tank but he’s got just enough left to finish his career off as a Wolfpack legend.

And that’s all for the current records to keep an eye out. Please post below if I’ve missed anything or there’s a neat record that is about to be broken in the near future.

Huge thanks to @[.bojo] (hopefully the tag works) for his amazing beauxjeaux box and all the stats that are put into it. There's no way in hell I think anyone sane could have done this type of article without the help of what Bojo made. If you haven't seen it, it's amazing you should check it out, it's in the forum at the top page but here's the link anyways: http://beaujeauxbeaux.azurewebsites.net/

[Image: ne80va.png]
[Image: cynthia.png]

Thanks to Enigmatic and Crutch for the beautiful signatures
[Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png]

I'll be honest cyn, not your best article

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]

07-19-2018, 02:39 PMGooney Wrote: I'll be honest cyn, not your best article

I'll be honest gooney, not your best reply

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

07-19-2018, 02:28 PMCynthia Wrote: Huge thanks to @[.bojo] (hopefully the tag works) for his amazing beauxjeaux box and all the stats that are put into it. There's no way in hell I think anyone sane could have done this type of article without the help of what Bojo made. If you haven't seen it, it's amazing you should check it out, it's in the forum at the top page but here's the link anyways: http://beaujeauxbeaux.azurewebsites.net/

[Image: 860.png]

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

07-19-2018, 02:51 PM.bojo Wrote:
07-19-2018, 02:28 PMCynthia Wrote: Huge thanks to @[.bojo] (hopefully the tag works) for his amazing beauxjeaux box and all the stats that are put into it. There's no way in hell I think anyone sane could have done this type of article without the help of what Bojo made. If you haven't seen it, it's amazing you should check it out, it's in the forum at the top page but here's the link anyways: http://beaujeauxbeaux.azurewebsites.net/

[Image: 860.png]

Honestly beauxjeaux box is the best part of the SHL, don't @ me.

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons

07-19-2018, 02:39 PMGooney Wrote: I'll be honest cyn, not your best article

I'll be honest goon, you're a bish

[Image: ne80va.png]
[Image: cynthia.png]

Thanks to Enigmatic and Crutch for the beautiful signatures
[Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png]

(This post was last modified: 07-19-2018, 07:37 PM by ztevans.)

The tag didn't work so

@.bojo

And yes, the new and improved Beaux is incredible for stuff like this.

Speaking of people I can't effing tag, I tried to give Bure some love for his hatty the other day in Russia forum LR and it didn't work so I doubt he saw it. So he can have some love here, too. I'm not going to try to tag him, though.

EDIT: Yes, I know he already commented. I just wanted to annoy him Smile

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

where are all the S39 SMJHL stats for players

Curious to see if Anrikkanen and Eriksson can get even close to 1000 points, because their production has started to stall (ironically happening the season after breaking the all-time points record).

I almost want that to remain unbroken so some S60 draftee can eventually get it. Would make it an even cooler milestone.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

07-19-2018, 09:06 PMArGarBarGar Wrote: Curious to see if Anrikkanen and Eriksson can get even close to 1000 points, because their production has started to stall (ironically happening the season after breaking the all-time points record).

I almost want that to remain unbroken so some S60 draftee can eventually get it. Would make it an even cooler milestone.

I agree, that’s why I’m planning on pushing the GM record to ridiculous numbers. Speaking of milestones, I’m only 50 odd wins away from the record.

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

Scholz finally surpasses Kane at something.
Cool article Cynthia! Very excited to see someone surpass the illusive 1000 point mark.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

07-19-2018, 09:06 PMArGarBarGar Wrote: Curious to see if Anrikkanen and Eriksson can get even close to 1000 points, because their production has started to stall (ironically happening the season after breaking the all-time points record).

Not on my watch

What about records for certain trophies won?

John McBride - 6 (John McBride)
Mike Honcho - 3 (John McBride)
Ron Mexico - 2 (Joe McKeil, Theo Kane, Randy Randleman,Elias Armia)
Scott Stevens - 5 (Alonzo Garbanzo)
Sarmad Khan - 3 (Ron Mexico, Ryan Jesster)
Anton Razov - 2 (Griffin Simons, Brandon Sawyer)
Sergei Karpotsov - 4 (Ron Mexico)
Jay McDonald - 3 (VLAD McZehrl, Kain Webb, Jay McDonald)

I think of these here, the most realistic to be broken or tied would be the Mexico, Honcho Razov, and McDonald. Karpotsov is a difficult trophy to get, especially now with the increased competition, the McBride will likely never be even tied, and the Stevens required a really fortuitous career path which I don't know if it will be replicated the same way.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

07-19-2018, 07:36 PMztevans Wrote: The tag didn't work so

@.bojo

And yes, the new and improved Beaux is incredible for stuff like this.

Speaking of people I can't effing tag, I tried to give Bure some love for his hatty the other day in Russia forum LR and it didn't work so I doubt he saw it. So he can have some love here, too. I'm not going to try to tag him, though.

EDIT: Yes, I know he already commented. I just wanted to annoy him Smile

tfw you lower your passing by 12 to get more goals like the greedy Russian I am Russia

All-time New England Wolfpack scorer
[Image: Derisraka.png]
[Image: 38718_s.png]
[Image: rW2c4Vz.png][Image: B4x6AQm.png]
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

07-20-2018, 11:42 AMArGarBarGar Wrote: What about records for certain trophies won?

John McBride - 6 (John McBride)
Mike Honcho - 3 (John McBride)
Ron Mexico - 2 (Joe McKeil, Theo Kane, Randy Randleman,Elias Armia)
Scott Stevens - 5 (Alonzo Garbanzo)
Sarmad Khan - 3 (Ron Mexico, Ryan Jesster)
Anton Razov - 2 (Griffin Simons, Brandon Sawyer)
Sergei Karpotsov - 4 (Ron Mexico)
Jay McDonald - 3 (VLAD McZehrl, Kain Webb, Jay McDonald)

I think of these here, the most realistic to be broken or tied would be the Mexico, Honcho Razov, and McDonald. Karpotsov is a difficult trophy to get, especially now with the increased competition, the McBride will likely never be even tied, and the Stevens required a really fortuitous career path which I don't know if it will be replicated the same way.
Razov is really easy to break imo, just needs a dynasty type of team to go to the finals in relatively close years. I could argue that Bure should be tied with 2 Razov but I already stroke my ego on a hourly basis anyways.

All-time New England Wolfpack scorer
[Image: Derisraka.png]
[Image: 38718_s.png]
[Image: rW2c4Vz.png][Image: B4x6AQm.png]
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]