Create Account

Rich and Adam Do a Podcast #6
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2018, 10:44 PM by adamantium.)

The two brightest minds in the SHL... You get the rest.

This week, we talk about the first round of the playoffs, draft rankings, logo contests, our player names and their meanings, the future of the league, and the Olympics.

All this and more within. Thanks to @ml002 and @King for the questions this week. Thanks to @Rich for continuing to deal with me and my ideas. And thanks to you guys for tuning in.

Also, big shout out to @NJBadApple and his scouting firm. Really genuinely cool idea. Rich had wanted to mention that and we forgot, so figured we'd add it here.

Link to cast: https://soundcloud.com/user-367423468/ri...-podcast-6

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

Good podcast guys. Thanks for the little shoutout. A lot of good topics covered. Would like to see your thoughts on the draft later on

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-11-2018, 11:41 PM by ml002.)

Am I gonna shame Adam for not knowing how SMJHL Playoff seeding works? Yes, yes I am. #1 plays the lowest advancing seed idiot (jk ily)

I totally agree with the IIHF nation picking. When I selected Austria, it wasn't about playing time, it was because I have a lot of ancestry from Hungary and Austria was the natural choice for me if I wanted to pick a team at the time. But you gotta remember there are a lot of guys that just don't care about anything other than making a HOF player regardless of the details.

(Blackhawks fan here who's ego is ded) Kruger is one of the most underrated role players in the NHL don't @me. Dude got overpaid and proceed to get shit on by the online hockey community, but he's a solid bottom 6 center and a terrific PK center (caveat is he needs to be healthy and not be playing with hernias)

Edit: Frick you, Anchorage is beautiful you bitch Adam

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

Nice. Excited to listen to it on my commute.

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons

08-11-2018, 11:37 PMml002 Wrote: Am I gonna shame Adam for not knowing how SMJHL Playoff seeding works? Yes, yes I am. #1 plays the lowest advancing seed idiot (jk ily)

I totally agree with the IIHF nation picking. When I selected Austria, it wasn't about playing time, it was because I have a lot of ancestry from Hungary and Austria was the natural choice for me if I wanted to pick a team at the time. But you gotta remember there are a lot of guys that just don't care about anything other than making a HOF player regardless of the details.

(Blackhawks fan here who's ego is ded) Kruger is one of the most underrated role players in the NHL don't @me. Dude got overpaid and proceed to get shit on by the online hockey community, but he's a solid bottom 6 center and a terrific PK center (caveat is he needs to be healthy and not be playing with hernias)

Edit: Frick you, Anchorage is beautiful you bitch Adam

I love how I can tell that you listened to the whole damn thing because you pick out such small details to bully me for

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

Quality listen here boys, thanks for the mention! Keep this up, fun to listen to

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

Really love the discussion topics you guys have brought up since starting this endeavour... This is turning into must listen audio. Great job fellas!

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2018, 04:45 AM by Schultzy.)

I don't often listen to podcasts, but I really enjoyed this. Keep up the good work guys Ilike

Edit: for what it's worth we use to have Olympics. They were every 4 seasons and there were only like 6 teams. It was prestigious and exclusive just like you guys are talking about.

Edit 2: here are the Olympic rules for SHL http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=37547@adamantium

[Image: 0QGickG.png]

Riot Player Page Riot
Militia Update Page Militia

Just an FYI, the Olympics is something that was brought up internaly this past off season.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2018, 02:44 AM by Toivo.)

It could be possible to re-introduce Olympics and keep the off-season filler of IIHF.

For example, we keep off-season IIHF tournaments, but they impact Olympic bids and seeding. Then every 4th season, mid-way through the season we pause it for the Olympics.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

Great listen on the way to work. Agree that the draft is a crapshoot this year. Will provide you guys with a list next time.

Nice hearing about Seattle/Texas's future, and agree that the Portland brand was pretty damn good.

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons

Good podcast, thanks for the shout out!

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER