Create Account

Karey (Marius-BUF) Punishment / Update Rule Addition

It was brought to the attention of the Head Office that Viktor Marius (Buffalo Stampede) has been playing over his earned TPE for the better part of the last four seasons. Over the last few days we have had the opportunity to discuss and digest conversations from both the head updater and user.  While not wanting to miss any detail, we had a full audit done of Marius and confirmed in finding him claiming 57 TPE over his true earned TPE.

While it was done in various manners, our general focus was on the double claiming of the larger seasonal PT Tasks such as season and draft predictions.  First and foremost, we 100% appreciate the cooperation with Karey and his honesty during our conversation yesterday.  We don’t feel like there was malicious intent and took that into consideration when weighing a fair and reasonable punishment for a player playing at various levels of TPE over his actual TPE throughout the last few seasons.

We also recognize that everyone makes mistakes. The updaters job is one of the most mundane, yet important jobs of the league. Moreover, there are a multitude of reasons as to why/how a double claim can happen, we do question how this can happen multiple times for one player. Regardless of the circumstances, we do genuinely feel Karey was sincere in not only his apology for double claiming certain PTs and going over seasonal TPE caps, but also expressed his apologies for altering the integrity of the sim itself. There will always be mistakes… and they always will continue to happen. It is our job to minimize the opportunity for mistakes within our control.

In explaining this we are issuing the following punishment to the parties involved:

Viktor Marius, F (BUF)
- Removal of 57 TPE (the overage amount of TPE)
- @karey fined $10,000,000
- Player suspended for 20 Games

Penalties to the Updaters who processed the double claims:
@Keygan - Fined $2,000,000
@DanbyRem - Fined $1,000,000
@Dude - Fined $1,000,000

———————————
MARIUS RULE
Lastly… from this moment forward ALL UPDATE THREADS in SHL and SMJHL must also contain your updated seasonal TPE cap (ex. S43 3/40). If it is not listed when your updater processes updates, you WILL be skipped for the week of updates.
———————————

Per the norm, all parties penalized have the option to appeal.

- SHL Head Office

Why the fuck is the punishment so much harsher for the player than the updater???

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

Ahhh. Mistakes happen. I remember when bloos got punished for a similar thing back in the SMJHL a while back. That sucks

09-05-2018, 09:29 PMkit Wrote: Why the fuck is the punishment so much harsher for the player than the updater???

Maybe cause updaters are human and they cant catch each flaw, and Karey may be cheating out tpe on purpose but we'll never know. I can agree that the fine for updaters is weaker then it should be, like 4m for this mistake. 1m and 2m aint shit

karey suspended for 20 games, guess lagerfield gotta step up...

#LAGERFIELD4ROTY

[Image: 3.png]

I don’t think any updater should be punished other than the one whose team it was to update them. Updating is the most aids job on the site there is you don’t realize how stressful and a headache it is to update some of you

lemme go grab my popcorn this ones gonna be spicy

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

09-05-2018, 09:40 PMLoganjj21 Wrote: I don’t think any updater should be punished other than the one whose team it was to update them. Updating is the most aids job on the site there is you don’t realize how stressful and a headache it is to update some of you

Essays can also be incredible difficult. Doesn't mean I get an A for a C+ job because of how stressful it is.

20 game suspension? that seems really harsh

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

09-05-2018, 09:42 PMGeckoeyGecko Wrote: lemme go grab my popcorn this ones gonna be spicy

spicy popcorn? ewwwwwwwwwwwwww

[Image: 3.png]

I just strongly disagree to fining the updates and also I damn well know karey knew what he was doing so fuck shitallo trash ass team needs to cheat to be relevant

I can’t wait for y’all to audit every player in the leagues updates and apply the same ridiculous punishment to anyone else who made a mistake

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

09-05-2018, 09:44 PMLoganjj21 Wrote: I just strongly disagree to fining the updates and also I damn well know karey knew what he was doing so fuck shitallo trash ass team needs to cheat to be relevant

I think you need to stop talking.

09-05-2018, 09:44 PMLoganjj21 Wrote: I just strongly disagree to fining the updates and also I damn well know karey knew what he was doing so fuck shitallo trash ass team needs to cheat to be relevant

stop existing

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

This is dumb

[Image: capybar22_600.png]