Create Account

My girlfriend´s boyfriend does not like me

[Image: bipolar-healthy-relationships.jpg]

As we all know, the life of a hockey player is more than just playing hockey. Lot of things that need constant work, one of the biggest things is, balancing the work and family life. I personally don´t have a big family yet, but I have been together with my girlfriend for around five years now, I met her when I was still playing in Finland. She moved with me when I went to play in SMJHL and she is still with me today when I´m playing for the Seattle Riot.

Unfortunately, things have been a bit rocky for the past six months. The away tours are longer in SHL when comparing to SMJHL, so we won´t spend as much time together as in the past and even when I´m home, I don´t have the energy to be super active, practice and the games take a lot out of me, much rather stay at home and take it easy. Before everything goes to south completely, I decided to act and suggested that another person would be added into the relationship. She at first thought I was joking, but once we talked about it for a while she agreed, as long as she gets to pick the person. I naturally was all for it since I don´t have the time to go out on dates and meet new people.

At that point I had to leave for five days again, Seattle had couple away games on the schedule. During that trip, she called and said that she has met someone! Guy called Jack, he lives in Seattle and works in a library. I was not super thrilled when I first heard that the person who will be joining our relationship is a dude, but I trust my girlfriend´s judgement and decided to go for it.
[Image: happyphone-214x300.jpg]

When I got home from that trip, my girlfriend came to pick me up from the airport. We went straight home where Jack was already waiting. I walked in and much of my surprise, I had already met him multiple times! He used to work as an assistant janitor in the building we live in, I bumped into him all the time when I came home from practice or games, even chatted with him few times, that is how I know he used to be the assistant janitor, he told me, but I guess he moved, been a while since saw him the last time.

All went well on the first day when the three of us were together, Jack made us a tasty dinner, the conversation was flowing and in general, the vibe was positive. Later in the evening, I decided to play some video games, I had just bought the latest version of NHL 19 and as a good host, I asked if Jack would like to play. He was up for it and said he will play one game before he has to go, he also warned that it´s been a while since he played NHL. I picked Boston and Jack took Columbus, I hate to admit it, Jack was good. He beat my ass 6-2 and it was not even close. I demanded a re-match, but Jack said it´s getting late and he should really get going.

My girlfriend decided to be a good host as well and told him to stay and offered our bed. Jack accepted the offer and as he was walking into the bedroom, he turned towards me and winked. At that point, I knew he is a tool. I kept playing NHL when they went to bed, soon my enjoyment was ruined though when I realized that the walls in our apartment are super thin, could hear everything that is going on in there.  It went on and on, I tried to ask if everything is ok in there, but no answer. About 45 minutes later Jack walks out and sits next to me and asked if he could play one more game because he can´t sleep. I could not believe what I was seeing and hearing, how can he expect to feel sleepy if he plays NHL with me? I told him to go back in there and try to sleep.

I don´t know what happened next, but I woke up on the couch the next morning, I guess I passed out at some point. Jack and my girlfriend were already up. The vibe was different, I asked Jack if he slept well, no answer. My girlfriend was quiet as well, I did not mind it, so I went on with my morning routines like normal. Ate breakfast and went to practice. That was the first 24 hours in our new relationship.

[Image: Cold-Shoulder.jpg]

During the next days, I started to notice that the cold and hostile approach by Jack towards me on that morning was not just a random thing, I think he dislikes me. One afternoon after practice I asked if he wants to come with me to buy a new bed that is big enough for three of us? He said that is not needed and refused to go, he said that one of us just needs to sleep on the couch. On the same evening when it was time to go to bed, I ended up being the one who sleeps on the couch again. Third time in four days, one evening I slept in a hotel due to the away game against Calgary.

To make matters worse, I think my girlfriend is more into Jack than she is into me. He is always talking about Jack and how he is so awesome. Sounds to me she has forgotten who plays for the Seattle Riot and who does not. To try and change that, I decided to do something nice and bought tickets for the best seats in the Riot arena. They both came to watch us play, when I looked up to the jumbotron at one point, the kiss cam was on and guess who was on it? Jack and my girlfriend of course. One of the nastiest things I have seen in a while, looked like they were eating each other´s faces, luckily the camera stopped following them after a few seconds. Later I learned they did not stay for the whole game, left before the third period even started. Not nice, but was still cool that they came to see me at my work.

The start to our new relationship has not been exactly smooth, but my girlfriend seems to be a lot happier now and at the end that is what matters.

(1100)

lmao

[Image: cooldudeam1234.gif]
(Sig Credit: toedragon84)

Ilike Yay

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

This wouldn’t happen if you played for the Dragons.

Dragonite

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

Lmao I’m offended your girlfriend didn’t come to me to be the third leg in the relationship.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

09-21-2018, 03:54 PMGood_Ole_Kimmy Wrote: lmao
09-21-2018, 05:43 PMBonk Wrote: Ilike  Yay

Thanks!  Laughing
09-21-2018, 05:53 PMSlappydoodle Wrote: This wouldn’t happen if you played for the Dragons.

Dragonite

I would probably be single if I would be with the Dragons  Ninja

09-21-2018, 10:18 PMBlastmeaway Wrote: Lmao I’m offended your girlfriend didn’t come to me to be the third leg in the relationship.

I was thinking about making the third person be someone from Seattle, but ended up going with a random name.

09-22-2018, 05:39 AMjRuutu Wrote: I was thinking about making the third person be someone from Seattle, but ended up going with a random name.

Imma come over and show jack the one two. If jack wants to go fisticuffs, fine. I've got Jack Johnson and Tom O'Leary ready for him. I’m 2-0 in my career on the ice.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

09-22-2018, 01:56 PMBlastmeaway Wrote:
09-22-2018, 05:39 AMjRuutu Wrote: I was thinking about making the third person be someone from Seattle, but ended up going with a random name.

Imma come over and show jack the one two. If jack wants to go fisticuffs, fine. I've got Jack Johnson and Tom O'Leary ready for him. I’m 2-0 in my career on the ice.

I will leave the door open, so you can come in and deal with him. I´m not much of a fighter myself, good thing that we share a team!