Create Account

Sunday Funday: The Next GM

The next GM is going to have to be a people person. They're going to need to be able to be friends with all the individuals in their LR, to help keep them around. They're also going to need to be on good terms with the other GMs, so they're (slightly) less likely to get screwed. Someone like NotoriousTig comes to mind.

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

To become an SHL GM you need to have a decent idea of what the league is about, and understand simple things like trades and roster moves, and above all else needs to be really active and able to meet deadlines. We wouldn't want an incompetent GM joining just because he is a part of the franchise and people like him.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2018, 10:18 PM by karlssens.)

Interesting. Personally I think the the two most important attributes to long term success as an SHL GM are patience and perseverance. A GM needs to have a goal in mind of where he wants to take the team. It may change or go off course from one season to the next, but if they are patient, and willing to persevere through the lows, the results will come.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

Being a great GM is all about creating a fun experience for your team, that makes your team a place that people want to end up. If people want to be part of your team, then you shouldn't have any trouble keeping your roster full, and keeping your team competitive. If you build it, they will come.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

I think the biggest thing on being an effective GM is motivation and structure. A GM must be able to keep his team motivated, this ensure they are earning weekly tpe and updating. The structure helps keeps players goals aligned, and team goals in reach.

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

SHL GMs need to be able to build a solid locker room culture. Having an active LR is one of the biggest factors in maintaining player's activity levels, which ultimately lead to higher TPE players on your team.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

To be an effective GM, you need to know how to value things correctly. How to value people, picks, valuing is huge. You also need to know how Simon "Fuck You" T works, for lines. I recommend the next GM be me, cause I've wanted one and am a Co in the J.

[Image: 55708_s.gif]

First Ever SHL Goal:
Code:
5. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Piotr Czerkawski 1, Cameron Dubois 2) at 16:27

First Ever Hat Trick:
Code:
S45 Game 46 NEW vs TOR
6. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Artemi Berezin 3, Tigole Bitties 5) at 5:21
9. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 2 (Artemi Berezin 4) at 18:58
10. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 3 (Tigole Bitties 7, Manuel Gotze 2) at 19:38 (Empty Net)

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

A good general manager needs to look like they care for their team. They need to be present, talk to them about their plan for lines, be open to feedback and be super active. Fuck any gms who don't update regularly.

#BringBack15WordsPt.

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

Patience, without a damn doubt patience. When it comes to building, and winning. When it comes to dealing with flaky players. When it comes to doing all of the menial thankless things a GM has to do. It comes down to having the patience to get through type of shit. So you can enjoy watching what you have helped build dominate, even if just for a short while.

Panthers  Militia   Militia   Panthers

An SHL GM needs grit, determination, and the ability to insult their own players without actually making them angry. For these reasons, I think Waters will become one of the top SHL GMs when he has the opportunity to take the reins on a team.

What makes a good GM is a few things. You need to have a working knowledge of the rule book. You need to be organized and be able to finish your tasks on time. You need to become a member that other people can look to for guidance or as an example of how to act.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

It’s a long term game. For fuck sakes do not get ahead of yourself. Just stay the course and don’t give in to the outside pressures telling you to make the push before your team is ready. It’s easy to be tempted into trading for short term gain, but look at what nour built in Kelowna of the SMJHL. They’re a dynasty built through long term planning

To be a GM, seems to be a lot of work you have to keep players involved in the locker room, maintain player attitudes and moral, build a winning team, manage lines, scout other teams/players/prospects, there so much more than this too. It seems to be a lot of work.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

GM is someone who is tough, but fair. Knows how to keep the locker room a positive and fun place and at the same time knows how to handle group of players who might not see eye to eye on some things. On top of that comes the sim stuff with lines etc, how to find the right setup? Tough question

Best qualities are someone who knows the value of players and certain members. When it comes to the draft the best value in draftees is found with proven member history. I'd endorse myself as a Gm as I've never held that role here.

[Image: cDMBWce.png]
[Image: 0tCQttQ.png]
LA Panthers Goaltender