Create Account

SHL Inside Gambling Ring
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2018, 05:33 PM by Blastmeaway.)

Just hours after the NHL's Jori lehtera was announced as part of a possibly drug ring in Finland, news has come to light about another Finnish Hockey Player who is also involved in shady business dealings. On Tuesday evening during a match up between the SHL's Winnipeg Jets and the Seattle Riot, Jason Visser and DeMaricus Smyth were involved in a physical altercation that saw Smyth loss his first career SHL Fight.

[Image: 11463936.jpg?size=620x400s]

The interaction started well before the fight and the ensuing penalties when Smyth Stepped into the faceoff dot against Visser in the Neutral zone. Smyth beat Visser cleanly and the Jets 1C had a little something to say about it as winger Joseph Lombardi gained the zone. After getting their offense established in the Winnipeg end Selich set himself up in front of the net and was working the dirty areas before getting call for an interference. Forward Corey Bearss was not fond of Selich's actions and retaliated with a little of the pushing and shoving. Selich's mini protege Lombardi decided it was his place to get in there and handle business for Eduard, however how he went about it wasn't the proper way. Going in guns blazing Lombardi was swing his wood like he is Barry Bonds and boy did he connect, but not with Bearss. After catching Visser clean on the back of the calves Visser was HOT, understandably. Well recently re-positioned Center, Smyth, wasn't going to let anyone lay a hand on Joey. All the while this was going on the D pair of Liam O'Callaghan and Ensio Kalju held the blue line as to ensure that it wasnt going to run away from them.

[Image: sainz2.jpg]

We caught up with DMS at the Seahawks-Bears Game last night and after watching Smyth get handed his first L by the league leading scorer Smyth had this to say, "You know there was a handful of things that lead to me dropping the mitts with Visser. The first being that Little Joey got a bit happy to hope into a scrum and in turn pissed off the wrong guy, so I had to make sure Lombardi stayed clean. The second being that I was trying to take some ice time away from Visser, so that teammate Louie Garrett might be able to get a point or two to get him within reaching distance of Visser's scoring lead."

The door to the Seattle Locker Room was open today after their morning skates and we over heard defenseman Ensio Kalju talking about how he actually had placed a bet prior to the game that would see Smyth losing to Visser. Kalju placed himself a lofty bet and saw a return of just 5%. The League is probably not currently looking into the matter and while begin investigating further into the Finnish Defensemans finances. A rough day for the nation of finland as they have seen two star athletes involved in rather crass matters.

Quote:492 Words

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

Cant believe you put my business into the public eye like this! And to think I was going to give you a share of the profits, can forget it now.

Also, to my defense - is it really gambling if you know what is going to happen?

09-26-2018, 05:40 PMjRuutu Wrote: Cant believe you put my business into the public eye like this! And to think I was going to give you a share of the profits, can forget it now.

Also, to my defense - is it really gambling if you know what is going to happen?

You were supposed to bet on me so that we could win more. you blew it by betting on the bad guys

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

09-26-2018, 05:54 PMBlastmeaway Wrote:
09-26-2018, 05:40 PMjRuutu Wrote: Cant believe you put my business into the public eye like this! And to think I was going to give you a share of the profits, can forget it now.

You were supposed to bet on me so that we could win more. you blew it by betting on the bad guys

My apologies, next time we need to put a bet where you glass chin drops in the first 5 seconds, I reckon it will bring even more money.

thanks for protecting me bud
also fun fact i got into my only career fight with Corey Bearss
it was a draw

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs