Create Account

Rush/Pingy Pingu/Snussu/Samee Suspensions

10-28-2018, 10:26 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
10-28-2018, 10:17 PMDangles13 Wrote: Are all snowflakes hard of hearing? ?
That's a good question you should ask one

When he's done serving his suspension I will.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

10-28-2018, 10:27 PMkit Wrote:
10-28-2018, 10:24 PMEggy216 Wrote: I beg to differ on calling this a “suspending tirade.” We’re referring to two situations 3 months (roughly, making an estimate knowing it’s offseason-offseason) apart. I would actually say that’s lower than we saw back in the day, even if the specific numbers in each situation have been a little higher than leafs and I believe they should be.

Truly, the punishments given to those three are what the rulebook says can be given for baiting (as an aside, I take issue with the description of the situation as “abuse of the reputation function”, but I guess that’s what happens when one person writes the actual post and nobody proofreads it), so I don’t think they necessarily erred in their action. I actually took the conversation back to them right before announcing it, and everyone agreed with the assessment Leafs and I made on the appeal so they understand our thought process as well.

So to get back to your original question, yes I’ve spoken to the team about what happened here.
So if they all agreed then why was the suspension even the way it was in the first place??
I’m referring specifically to after the fact, talking about why Leafs and I opted to lower it.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

People are also afraid now to speak out because apparently we can get suspended for things that we never could’ve gotten suspended for in the past. Offsite actions, rep, who knows what else now

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

10-28-2018, 10:30 PMEggy216 Wrote:
10-28-2018, 10:27 PMkit Wrote: So if they all agreed then why was the suspension even the way it was in the first place??
I’m referring specifically to after the fact, talking about why Leafs and I opted to lower it.

No I get that but why were they all okay with the first suspension if after the fact they agreed that lowering it is a good idea?

Affiliate of:

10-28-2018, 10:31 PMkit Wrote:
10-28-2018, 10:30 PMEggy216 Wrote: I’m referring specifically to after the fact, talking about why Leafs and I opted to lower it.

No I get that but why were they all okay with the first suspension if after the fact they agreed that lowering it is a good idea?

Because we are human and made a judgement call in the heat of the moment instead of waiting. We wanted to shut things down before they got out of hand

10-28-2018, 10:35 PMDangles13 Wrote:
10-28-2018, 10:31 PMkit Wrote: No I get that but why were they all okay with the first suspension if after the fact they agreed that lowering it is a good idea?

Because we are human and made a judgement call in the heat of the moment instead of waiting. We wanted to shut things down before they got out of hand

Sounds like a bad thing for a head office to be doing. May I ask who had the initial idea of suspending the others and not just Rush?

Affiliate of:

10-28-2018, 09:56 PMEggy216 Wrote:
10-28-2018, 09:55 PMkit Wrote: Have you spoke with TDZ regarding the fact that this is at least the 2nd time that he’s given out a punishment that was deemed too harsh by leafs and yourself??

TDZ doesn't write the punishments, the 5 as a collective do.

Have you spoke with TDZ regarding the fact that he is spineless and shouldn’t hold a position of power if he can’t handle criticism?

[Image: 6Xj1IWG.png]

Player Page || Update Thread || Signatures

[Image: PoQh1Wx.png] [Image: rmu9FS0.png][Image: VxdFjLy.png][Image: QKcW3J4.png] [Image: RoypPRF.png]

10-28-2018, 10:38 PMThatDamnWalrus Wrote:
10-28-2018, 09:56 PMEggy216 Wrote: TDZ doesn't write the punishments, the 5 as a collective do.

Have you spoke with TDZ regarding the fact that he is spineless and shouldn’t hold a position of power if he can’t handle criticism?
That’s a matter of personal opinion. I think he is more than capable of handling criticism.

[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]

10-28-2018, 10:36 PMkit Wrote:
10-28-2018, 10:35 PMDangles13 Wrote: Because we are human and made a judgement call in the heat of the moment instead of waiting. We wanted to shut things down before they got out of hand

Sounds like a bad thing for a head office to be doing. May I ask who had the initial idea of suspending the others and not just Rush?

You may

Also you say that the suspensions being 3 months apart was better than normal. I’m sure that has nothing to do with the continual driving away of the activity on this site over the past 20 seasons.

[Image: PoQh1Wx.png] [Image: rmu9FS0.png][Image: VxdFjLy.png][Image: QKcW3J4.png] [Image: RoypPRF.png]

10-28-2018, 10:42 PMDangles13 Wrote:
10-28-2018, 10:36 PMkit Wrote: Sounds like a bad thing for a head office to be doing. May I ask who had the initial idea of suspending the others and not just Rush?

You may

And why won’t you answer? Is it because we already all know it?

Affiliate of:

10-28-2018, 10:42 PMThatDamnWalrus Wrote: Also you say that the suspensions being 3 months apart was better than normal. I’m sure that has nothing to do with the continual driving away of the activity on this site over the past 20 seasons.

And the fact that everyone’s afraid to say anything

Affiliate of:

10-28-2018, 10:41 PMEggy216 Wrote:
10-28-2018, 10:38 PMThatDamnWalrus Wrote: Have you spoke with TDZ regarding the fact that he is spineless and shouldn’t hold a position of power if he can’t handle criticism?
That’s a matter of personal opinion. I think he is more than capable of handling criticism.

If being capable of handling criticism as one of the commissioners of this league means not being able to defend your opinions and instead going silent everytime, then the bar has been set very, very low.

10-28-2018, 10:42 PMThatDamnWalrus Wrote: Also you say that the suspensions being 3 months apart was better than normal. I’m sure that has nothing to do with the continual driving away of the activity on this site over the past 20 seasons.

If there’s a driving away of activity why are people trying to pressure me into expanding the league to create more roster slots?

10-28-2018, 10:44 PMThatDamnWalrus Wrote:
10-28-2018, 10:41 PMEggy216 Wrote: That’s a matter of personal opinion. I think he is more than capable of handling criticism.

If being capable of handling criticism as one of the commissioners of this league means not being able to defend your opinions and instead going silent everytime, then the bar has been set very, very low.
I can’t speak to other situations, but he’s a Red Sox fan and I think I heard they’re playing tonight, so he might be otherwise occupied at the current moment.

Besides that, he’s one of five. There’s four others you could be asking for responses from (two of whom have been posting in this thread along with me) so you don’t need to just fixate in him.