Create Account

Lavelle Backs Rush

Fresh off Lavelle's 2nd IIHF gold medal performance for Team Ireland in S43, Lavelle took time to speak on a number of matters around the league but most notably the Gareth Rush situation. Rush of course was famously drafted with the 13th overall pick in the S44 SMJHL Entry Draft by the Colorado Raptors and over the last few weeks negotiations were back and forth before things turned sour and Rush wanted out of Colorado. A decision that left fans, players and league staff divided over with many going so far to say that he was a disgrace to the league and everybody who had helped build it while others applauded the young prospects ideals of standing up for himself, demanding what he was worth at market value and in the end choosing his own future as opposed to being tied down to the team that used a draft pick on him.

[Image: 22-ben-shapiro.w600.h315.2x.jpg]

LAVELLE ON RUSH
I think what Rush has done has obviously established himself as a rather polarising figure from the get go and he and his camp no doubt realises that this will leave him with alot of vocal critics, but y'know what? I don't think Gareth cares one bit about the boo boys. We've seen player after player signed to a longterm contract in the juniors and often they're moddycoddled into staying the full four seasons in the juniors when they easily could have taken the step up to the SHL much much sooner.

LAVELLE REGRETS STINT @ ST. LOUIS
I should know, I spent four entire seasons in the juniors with St. Louis and while this is by no means a knock on the great folks on the Scarecrows, I think I shouldve moved up to the big time much earlier, maybe even as early as after my 2nd season. Obviously staying down meant I did finally win a championship in St. Louis but at what cost? I think it certaintly hurt my development and might have given me too much of an ego boost before finally linking up with the Stampede which obviously negatively affected my rookie season despite winning the Jesster.

Back to Rush though, I get that he's a little rough around the edges and many have compared him to like a BTEC version of Conor McGregor and I'll admit the resemblance is uncanny. But in my opinion you need that bite to make it in any professional sport and especially hockey. Rush doesn't pull any punches and from his perspective you're either with him or in his way and I don't think that's a bad mindset. Akin to the "mamba mentality" that we've heard about for years, I think this is Rush's way of getting ready for the season ahead of him, he seems a guy that loves the spotlight and more power to him.

LAVELLE ON ST. LOUIS PAST & PRESENT
Regarding St.Louis's recent history of player acquisitions both via the draft and... "waivers/free agency", I really think it's become a sort of halfway house for alot of players. By that I mean, players that either have made mistakes in the past, rubbed people the wrong way or have just gotten off to a rocky start to their young careers. I mean Gareth Rush reminds me of another seemingly troubled figure that was outcasted from the SHL not so long ago only to have an outstanding SMJHL career for the Crows and is in the midst of a very solid SHL career thus far, yeah Logan Jensen. Jensen was also an incredibly polarising figure and he did infact suffer many punishments from head office regarding both on and off the ice behaviour... but he bounced back. He was put in an environment to succeed, not to fail. His wrongs were highlighted and he was given a blueprint, a blueprint on how to train, how to play, how to eat, how to live and most importantly how to win. Jensen was integral in that cup winning run during his 4 season stint in St. Louis, the same one that I was also on and many others like Smyth, Dude, McIntyre. All of us pulled for eachother and I've no doubt at all in my mind that it's going to be the exact same situation as we speak in St. Louis.

Joe and Ryan are putting him in an environnment to succeed and thrive and this season you'll be able to see Rush confidently take the advice and let all the hard work show. Jensen isn't too far away from the St. Louis Hall of Fame because he was an incredible player for us (providing the STL HOF gets revamped and isn't a crapshoot like present) and I've got no doubt that Rush can be either as good or better than Jensen if he puts in the work.

LAVELLE ON A UNITED IRELAND
I'll be honest folks and I think it's on the horizon, with the ongoing breakdown in talks between Great Britain and the EU over the Irish hard border being a consistent theme for the last year or so. I truly believe that we will see a 32 county strong republic, one that Collins himself would be proud of if he could've lived to see it. The condescending talk and attempts of ridicule by the english media targeted at the Irish population is clearly a cry for help in a battle they are losing, let the unionists continue to weep and grovel. Oh that wasn't the question was it? I meant to say that I am very happy to be apart of Team Ireland after capturing my 2nd ever IIHF gold medal and my third ever IIHF medal in my career, thank you.

[Eligible for 2X bonus SMJHL]]

This is coming too late to get a jump on my TPE lead, bro.

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]
[Image: duderino.gif]

Clint Eastwood, Jun 10 2018,  09:36 AM Wrote:Can't buy love, but love can buy a lot.

st louis only has the best folks. The best!

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

10-30-2018, 12:28 AMWhite Cornerback Wrote: Rush of course was famously drafted with the 13th overall pick in the S44 SMJHL Entry Draft by the Colorado Raptors and over the last few weeks negotiations were back and forth before things turned sour and Rush wanted out of Colorado.
Can negotiations go back and forth when one party refused to even hear an offer from the other?

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

What a troll

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

Another libtard pwned

[Image: cooldudeam1234.gif]
(Sig Credit: toedragon84)

grade me cucks

C-

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

I give A+ for the quality troll

[Image: unknown.png]

"Bring back Pingy Pingu Lunga Gumba esq. And I mean bring him all the way back. I want every thread on this forum that involves even a modicum of salt to get razed to the ground by our most notorious shitposting penguin. I want every thunderdome to drown in ABAGABA spam and a signature that doesn't end. I want the userbase of this fine league to cower in terror, slinking about the forums and making as little noise as possible for fear of attracting the Shitpost Slenderman. When some poor immigrant from the NFL sim blunders into the forum and makes an angry post about how his player slipped to the early second round despite having done ALL the rookie tasks(!), let the veteran survivalists stare in horror and pity while the newbie rages. They will know it is only a matter of time before @Pingy Pingu descends upon his post like a ravening wolf and obliterates his tread, reducing it to a radioactive waste-dump of unintelligible spam. They will not interfere, for Pingy is our immune system. Because he can take it. Our Dark Knight of Shitposting"

Sig credit to @WannabeFinn @JSS @Mordaciious @Mayuu @TommySalami
                                              Falcons banner credit to @karey

no troll
is only high quality media