Create Account

S44 PT #3 - Where are they now?

Where is Carrick Murray now?

Murray was a highly coveted prospect in the S35 SHL draft. He actually managed to win 3 four star cups in his time in juniors, but his time in the SHL was very short lived as he retired before becoming a full time starter in the league, much to the dismay of the Edmonton Blizzard. We managed to catch up with Murray in Vancouver, B.C. where he has opened up a goalie equipment store called Carrick's Hockey Shop. Murray settled back in the city that he had a lot of success in as a Vancouver Whalers goaltender in S34 to S36. He's opened a successful business and is more of a family man these days. His wife and two kids are usually found at his side and he says he finally feels happy. Professional hockey just wasn't for him and he's moved on.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

In Season 30, I played with the infamous enforcer Chadathy Brodangleschlong with the Detroit Falcons in the SMJHL. We were both rookies, although, well, suffice to say our careers took very different paths. He never made it out of the SMJHL playing just that one season with the Falcons. Despite playing just 359 minutes that season, he racked up an incredible 84 penalty minutes. He was a good guy to have in your corner, but it’s hard to make a career out of life in the sin bin.

Yet that is exactly what Chadathy did. The SHL didn’t pan out, but he headed over to the GOMHL, where he enjoyed an eight-season career. He is on the top five on their all-time list of fight wins, and yes, he racked up a ton of penalty minutes, enough to sit 11th all-time on that list. But it was a living in a league that valued the enforcer.

I haven’t heard much from him lately. I heard he’s now coaching some team in China, still involved in the sport even though he’s put away the skates and cut the crazy afro. Who knows? Maybe the coaching thing will work out and we’ll see him Stateside again one day.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

For this task I’m going out of my way to find my old friend and former Scarecrows teammate, Kyle Wahlgren. Wally was my goalie when we got drafted back in S30 to STL. Everyone knows his story, Kyle ended up running the Portland Admirals, took them to some new heights, and then scandal cost him his position. He was suspended from the league for an entire year. He changed his name to Olli O’Koivu, and had a hell of a run with the Minnesota Chiefs. I went out and found Kyle, er, Olli. He didn’t stray too far from Minnesota actually. The old boy ended up in Wisconsin, of all places, slamming cheese and brats while drinking New Glarus beer. “O’Koivu’s” is a nice little bar in rural Wisconsin, not too far outside of Milwaukee, where Kyle is the owner. He’s started to venture into brewing his own beer, and he really enjoys the quiet life he’s had since retiring from the SHL. (163)

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

The SHL S25 Entry Draft is long gone and only a few names remain from this illustrious draft class. One name in particular that retired a few seasons back is friend and long time teammate of Nikolaus Scholz, Ivan Koroviev. The Russian native spent the better part of 13 seasons with the Blizzard organisation, witnessing many highs and lows. Traded as part of the rebuild back in the mid s30's, he jumped around the SHL a bit before ultimately hanging them up. From time to time him and Nik will get together to discuss their life. Still an active skater Nik largely talks about the SHL, but Ivan has since returned to his true passion, potato farming. Between the odd chess tournament Ivan can typically be found tending to his vast wealth of potato fields, the majority of which is used to distil his own vodka, Koroviev Finest. On occasion he'll even gift a bottle or two to Scholz for special events such as christmas or birthdays.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

I have recently been asked by the SHL Sports Network to report on Dean Colt the Third and what hes been up to sense his recent retirement from the sport. I have loved this opportunity to get to know my old friend from the SHL 44 draft. I was picked up from the airport from Colt himself and lets just say he was already pumped for the week together. Upon arriving at his 100 acre lot containing his family home, it was evident he had kept busy with his new found free time. The 10 minute drive from the gates of his property to his house had evidence of his boredom. Every tree we passed was dressed up like a member of The Simpsons!

I know we talk concussions a lot but I honestly feel Colt had lost his mind. 100 acres of trees all wearing costumes was more then unsettling. But when he introduced me to his 45 Dachshunds all named Santa's Little Helper, it was my time to leave.

[Image: c3936a1e67537ed2c9716b30ba8432ee.png]

BUBBA -- Roster===Updates

Bojo Machine
League of Accomplished Players
Player builder
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2018, 04:43 AM by Mac.)

Brock strode down the long dark hallway, leading from the Calgary Management office, to the executive bathrooms. It had been many years since he walked this way to sign his first contract with the Calgary Dragons, and tonight was not much different. In fact, the term same shit, different day could easily be applied.

Esa, the team leader, had eaten his meal of a half dozen chicken parms, and the toilets were backing up again from the size of the massive amounts of poo that would come out of him. It almost didnt make logical sense that there was more shit in the toilet than chicken parms that were eaten.

Brock bent down over the toilet and almost threw up from the smell, he had broken several plungers already this week, and had to tape one back together as Esa had stated it was an expense that could no longer be afforded by the team, as the parm budget was already stretched thin.

It wasn't long until the contents were over the floor and seeping into the hallway, freezing on the cold floor of the building Esa refused to have heated, Nuck sighed and went to work. A far easier job than being a prospect for Calgary.

@NUCK @Steelhead77

[Image: CamNosreh.png]

[Image: Untitled1.png]

[Image: 47052_s.gif]
[Image: 3NfeQdx.png]
[Image: rwzgzyB.png]
[Image: ju78wnC.png]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Vital Kravtsov came into the SMJHL as a promising rookie. He was doing fine as a member of the Montreal Militia when tragedy struck. Someone stole his favourite teddy bear. This bear had been a long time ally in his quest to be an SHL superstar, and then, poof, it was gone. Kravtsov became a shell without Lou (full name Louis Reginald Teddybottom) and his draft stock began to plummet. He was barely present any more and would just hide away between games.

It was at that point that he decided he had to do something. He would not rest until he found Lou. Saying goodbye to his teammates, Kravtsov left his chance of becoming an SHL legend on the table and went deep undercover. That was the last that I've heard of him. I have faith in Vital, knowing that he will find his treasured bear. Hopefully at that point, he won't have given up on his career and will come back to the league, to push himself towards super stardom. Until then, all we have is the sad tale of a man who lost his bear, and will stop at nothing to find it.

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

I decided I would look up my old buddy Rick James @RHolder71. Since his high partying days in Texas with the Nature Boy Vlad Lidstrom, James has not slowed down in the slightest. He's still running his famous China Club in Texas, trying to corrupt the next generation of Renegades. Cocaine and hookers are still on the menu for Rick's special guests. But he has actually transformed the dining scene in Dallas by hiring an up and coming new chef. The food offerings at the China Club are fast becoming the talk of the culinary world and it's become a go to destination after Renegade games. I wonder what the diners would think if they really knew about what went on in the private room at the back of the club. I asked him if he missed his playing days and he grew wistful thinking about partying with his old friend Lidstrom. Lidstrom doesn't seem to be around anymore these days in Texas and James really isn't sure why but it's clear he misses those old hard partying days.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

It's not exactly hard for Mia Landvik to look up draft-classmate Mikko Linna to see what he's been doing a few years after his retirement - after all, she need look no farther than her own house. The two of them have been married since the offseason just before S40, and they bought the house in Sweden where they now live full-time a mere year later. Their retirements in S44 and S45 were influenced in large part by their embarking on a new era of their lives: becoming parents. The two now have full-time jobs raising twin girls who were adopted in the early summer after Linna retired. Linna still keeps in contact with old teammates from West Kendall and Calgary, but he's been enjoying being closer to family in Norway and Finland. It's been an exciting adventure, and though Linna is often exhausted in an entirely different way from post-game recovery, he undoubtedly wouldn't trade his girls for anything else.

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2018, 02:58 PM by JRed94.)

@King
270 words

What more can be said about Leshaun King that has not already been said ad nauseam? This player entered the league with extraordinary hype, and he has continued to live up--and indeed exceed--these expectations every step of the way. Not only is Leshaun King the leading record holder for earning the most amount of money in Simulation Hockey League history, he also holds the record for the most amount of minutes played while skating with the Captain's "C" stitched to his chest, as he wore the C for both the San Francisco Pride and his international squad for an extended period of time. Leshaun King must also be thought of as a leader off of the ice, considering he has etched his spot in San Fran as a pillar of the community. Donating vast sums of his hard-earned wealth to local children's hospitals and inner city after school programs, it is no coincidence that the new hockey rink--just across the bridge, in Oakland--bears King's name. Leshaun King is absolutely a first-ballot hall-of-famer for his play on the ice, but--like any good camper--his legacy stems from his leaving the game in a much better condition then when he started. The exponential growth of hockey, in California's bay area, is predominately due King's impact on the area-- just like The Great One in LA during the early '90s. Expect to see a boom of talent come out of San Fran in the next decade. And when they're inevitably asked their favourite player, as all young prospects can expect to asked, we will all know who's name that we are going to hear.

Where are they now

@39alaska39
After Alaska failed to live up to the standards of the SHL, and after countless seasons in the SMJHL, Alex Winters failed to crack the SHL. Scouts called him "So much talent wasted on a kid who could get it together" as Winters struggles mentally to get physical in the face of professionals. After his hockey career, Winters moved up near Anchorage to self reflect about where his life was heading. Former Czech teammates came and helped him set up his new life, as the Kovacs brothers help him build his own house, and thats when he got the call. Anchorage called him up and asked him if he wanted to be the PK and PP coach for their SMJHL team, as that what Winters was known for in the SMJHL, his great ability on the special teams. So as Alex was teaching Anchorage he still felt uncomplete in life, so he quit everything and moved to Japan to teach hockey to their youth. 18 years laters, a couple great Japaneese players are emerging out of the school in which he was taught.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

[Image: f3pxu6N.png]

RETIRED

I don't think there's anyone still alive and kicking from the S26 draft class Sven Karlsson was a part of. One name that stood out for Sven, one of the top 50 scoring players of all time and now an award winning executive was Clayton Fuller. Fuller was the man taken before him by Panthers GM Niclas Wastlund, even after Sven begged him to be taken by the Panthers. Clayton disappeared from the league very shortly after, but where was it that he went? It turns out Clayton ended up climbing the ranks of a Los Angeles area 7-Eleven, to the point where he has earned the role of manager! Fuller has lived up to the potential shown at the draft and fully repaid the city of Los Angeles by working tirelessly to aid the retail environment of the community. Looking back, bringing Fuller to Los Angeles was a great move for the Panthers to make, and I'm sure the city won't allow the gift the Panthers gave them to go unnoticed

Code:
177 words

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

NSFL PT

[Image: 3.png]