Create Account

S44 PT #5 - Barnabas

**S44 Suggestion Box Winner**

[Image: EPum63E.png]

Kata Vilde has enjoyed great success outside of the SHL. The Calgary Netminder used his rookie salary to start an independant record label which quickly struck gold with the creation of 'Barnabas' .... a group of SHL'ers who when together on stage do beautiful things! Trying to capitilize on their success, Vilde is looking to expand his label with more talent from the league.

Task: Put together the perfect SHL band! and in 150 words or more give us some details on your group and why they will be the next big thing!  Some information which you can include are:  Which SHL or SMJHL members did you choose? What type of music do they play? why they were picked? what are their roles? do they play any instuments? what's the name of there first single? and what is the name of their band!

Graphic: Create a CD cover of the band! the CD cover should include:

- Must be on a DC cover
- Name of the band
- Pic of band members and there SHL names
- Names of there first 2 singles

You will receive 3 capped TPE for fulfilling all requirements.
This PT will close Monday, December 3 at 12PM EST.

Welfare claims are accepted! *if you’re claiming welfare and have a different username on the affiliates site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*

Any questions/concerns, please PM me.
Note: Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

[Image: BdIws6i.png]

@Loganjj21, @JSS, @'cpetrella', @JVMjrDOT

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2018, 01:09 PM by trella.)

11-25-2018, 12:27 PMMike Izzy Wrote: [Image: BdIws6i.png]

@Loganjj21, @JSS, @'cpetrella', @JVMjrDOT

Everyone knows the tambourine is the most important instrument in any real band.

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

The Scandinavian death metal group known as Thunderdome is comprised of front men Dank Boija and Hippo Passamus, with a rotating cast and crew of features on their tracks. The duo is famous for their tendency to provoke conflict and are known to break from playing just to complain about an issue, large or small, to an audience that's ready to start slinging shit at the drop of a hat. The band's logo, a falcon with burning wings, has been criticized by PETA as depicting animal cruelty, which famously resulted in the track "Skullfucking Those PETA Dipshits." Both members play guitar and supply lyrics; which typically consist of incomprehensible screaming in Swedish and Finnish as well as the English phrase "you just got Thunderdomed, bitch." The duo rose to moderate international fame after the release of their debut single, "I'm Someone You Want on Your Team (And This Is Not the Way to Do That)." The group's song releases have been as erratic and unpredictable as the subjects that they put on blast in their songs, and nobody knows when their next release will be. All you can do is pray it's not about you.

@Mayuu @Snussu

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

@InciteHysteria is the sexy quiet one. @r1c3bowl22 is the nerdy young one @Blastmeaway is the bearded wise one. and myself, the ugly, but still sexy one.

We bust on to stage, as the greatest back street boys cover group ever known, The Front Ave Guys. We bust right into "I want it that way" one we get to the vocal solo, everything freezes up. We all point to the rafters, where a half drunk and fully naked @Cash savage screams "NO MATTER THE DISTANCE I WANT YOU TO KNOW!" his pitch is off, his tone is off, but his charisma is so spot on that target named it's dog mascot after it.

The music stops and we are banned from all Chuck E Cheeses, but a mom did give us 5 pizzas and 3 liters of cola.

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

Your Bernard Freeman, also known as "Bun B", also known as "Big Dic Chaney", is one of the most influential rap artists of all time. His work in the Houston rap / hip-hop music scene has paved the way for many of the current artists that you see out there today, as well as a lot of influential pop artists. Because of this, he only fucks with the realest of SHL talent. Pimp Squad Clique would be comprised of the illest the SHL has to offer. This SHL rap supergroup would be comprised of Noah "Yung No" Konn, Logan "Logo" Jensen, and Vladimir "DJ Justice" Konstantin. With @Justice on the tables, and the lyrical prowess of Bun B, @Logan, and @NJBadApple the boys are about to make the Migos look like old heads battling in back alleys for chump change. These boys got the fire and the supply, and they're going to be dishing it out to all that come around the kitchen.

You guys may take this as a joke, but the San Francisco Pride locker room has had some real conversations about the fact that we could probably start a band with all the musicians in there. Not our players, but us as people. As everyone is well aware with my constant plugging of my own music, I'm a singer/songwriter. But also in the songwriter/musician camp is @tweedledunn, who's actually toured. He would be playing guitar for this SFP band, probably named "Roll Pride". I would take over vocals duty since I honestly don't like playing guitar unless absolutely necessary (since I'm not really good at it). On bass, I think @Snuffalupagus plays bass so clearly he'll be involved. The big problem is that I can't find an SFP drummer, so clearly we'd have to make a trade for one. I remember there's someone on the Blizzard who's a drummer, so him. I forgot their name. And to round the whole thing out, our manager will be @King because of his graphics skillz and extreme work ethic.

[Image: KouSaotomeUndraftedSigSmol.png]
Jamie T Wrote:But I wish I'd been a little more exceptional
And I wish I'd been a little unconventional
But I was not enough, no, I'm not enough

Cain and The @Dude joined together to start a fantastic songwriter duo named The Updaters, however the world wasn't ready for such raw talent. Joined by bassist @MyLittleHexx and @ontanis on drums, they found success with their new band, The Redline. We follow their story from their first hit single, "Why won't she love me" through the creation of the masterpiece album "In the Dark Room" all the way to their final album before break up, "Knives for Eyes". This rock band was full of ups and downs, but their legendary career will be remembered for a long time because of their roots in classic rock and experimental twist on modern rock. The members went on to have successful solo careers but never had much interest in reuniting the band. O'Hritea and Karazija are still touring to this day. Dude lost a battle to cancer after a long and fruitful life of music and friends. Cain was shot in New York City by a deranged fan shortly after his 40th birthday.

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Ultimus Week

[Image: mtDOugA.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Bojo Box (C. Knouse)

I woke up one day thinking to myself, I kind of want to start a band. I have no idea why I thought this, but it came to me and all of a sudden I wanted it really bad. Now, I can't play any instruments, but I love to sing so we have that covered. I ventured into the Blizzard locker room to secure the other members of my band.

The first person I recruited was Nikolaus Scholz. He stepped up and offered to play lead guitar. He shredded a little back in high school and was actually looking for a reason to pick it up again. The next member was Teddy Cuddles. He offered to play the bass, saying he always wanted to learn it. No better time than the present. Connor Tanner overheard us in the locker room and said he had experience on the drums so of course we jumped at that. The last person in our band was Oisin Fletcher, who wanted to supply the backup vocals. Our band was finally assembled, say hello to The Abominable Snowmen! @karlssens @cpetrella @Keygan @Evok

After organizing our roles, we decided that we would be a cover band. Our first cover was Like a Stone by Audioslave. We played it at the pre-show before our home game. We rocked the house and our fans loved it. It also helped us on the ice as well since we were all pumped up after the performance. We can't wait to do it again!

(252 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
33-12-1
Regular Season - [G 6] [A 8] [Pts 14] [+/- +25] [PIM 30] [Hits 22] [SB 87]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

[Image: 5rTLpYp.png]

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

The next hot band to hit stages across the United States is Mattias & the Lightning Strikes (@Jedi ). Mattias Enqvist and Lightning Jones are going on the road to see if they can venture into the music sides of their lives. The two singers got their starts singing Hall & Oates cover songs in local bars and taverns in small towns across the state of California. Now the two are going on the road for a nice tour trip that includes stops in Chicago, New York, Birmingham, Miami and of all places, Milwaukee. The two have started making their own music and aren't profiting from the Hall & Oates classics anymore, but the songs are what the locals like to call "average at best". Their debut single which they refer to as a "hit" is a little diddy called "Snacking at Midnight" and it is a banger. When we say banger we mean that people hit their heads on the bar top in disgust.

[Image: cDMBWce.png]
[Image: 0tCQttQ.png]
LA Panthers Goaltender

[Image: tomen.png]

Putting together a band with other SHL players was quite simple actually. First off, we'd have Nicholas Williams and Adam Taylor (@DannyMethane) both playing some tele's, Aleister Cain (@SlashACM) keeping the low end tight on bass, and with Steven Moyer (@CanadianDuck) banging away on drums. We'd call ourselves, "The Ob-La-Di's," the SHL's premier Beatles cover band. We play every weekend in St. Louis during the off season at various bars and restaurants. Are set list is constantly changing with the amount of songs to choose form. Staples include: "Why Don't We Do It In The Road?", "I Want You (She's So Heavy)", and of course "Yellow Submarine". Every now and again we go into a long 20 minute jam full of unwanted time changes and key changes, but end up sounding totally awesome. Check us out this off season touring the city of St. Louis!

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26 | RIP TDZ

The New Ice Kings

The hot new boy band consists of four SHL'ers, Mike Izzy of the Calgary Flames, Oisin Fletcher of the Edmonton Blizzard, Sophia Bennett of the Los Angeles Panthers, and Liam O'Callaghan of the Texas Renegades. While these four are known for their point scoring prowess on the ice, they are now also becoming known for their smooth, smooth vocals off of it. This band sings typical boy band fare, as you'd expect from some of the most popular players in the entire league. Of course Mike Izzy is their leader, much like Justin Timberlake was for NSYNC. Their two lead singles for their much anticipated debut album (releasing very soon) are "Check Out that Hoe-zer" and "The Skating Song". Lets be honest, the lyrics aren't the band's strong suit, but once you hit the chorus and hear their divine harmonies you'll become a fan just like everyone else. The SHL itself is also very excited for the album, as it should bring some new fans to the seats, and give some players fodder for trash talking with any of the members.

[Image: 2v10l6s.png]