Create Account

S45 Lethbridge Lions Interested Prospects Thread

Welcome to the Lethbridge Lions' interested prospect thread! An old, but now brand new franchise! A franchise that carries all the way back to S1 is being revived and you may have a chance to become the first draft pick ever choses by this newly revived franchise! This draft is shaping out to be one of the biggest drafts yet. Go ahead and answer these questions so I can get to know you new guys/gals and recreates a little better!

Code:
[b]1. Do you have any previous SIM league experience?[/b]

[b]2. Who is your player what what is your position? [/b]

[b]3. What are your thoughts on the SHL as a whole? Is it something that you see yourself sticking too? [/b]

[b]4. What are your thoughts on discord? We have a lockerroom on the actual site but discord is a quick way of communicating with everyone, GMs and teammates. [/b]

[b]5. Tell us some things that you enjoy doing, hobbies, activities etc. [/b]

[b]6. Do you have any interest in joining a brand new franchise such at the Lions? [/b]

[b]7. Is there anything that you would like us to know about you or your player going into this upcoming draft? [/b]

[b]8. Biggest pet peeve?[/b]

[b]9. What's your favorite movie quote?[/b]

Welcome to the SHL, now you're stuck here forever (jokes) Good luck in the draft!

[Image: HjEFCSR.png]

goooooo lion

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2018, 11:51 PM by Lynxfire.)

OOOO can I be first?

1. Do you have any previous SIM league experience?

Nope

2. Who is your player what what is your position?

Kalevi Karhunen, linked in my sig, defense

3. What are your thoughts on the SHL as a whole? Is it something that you see yourself sticking too?

Looks cool so far, I've been on discord a bit and everyone seems cool. My guy is also doing pretty well in the prospect tourney, 3 games, 7 pts so far.

4. What are your thoughts on discord? We have a lockerroom on the actual site but discord is a quick way of communicating with everyone, GMs and teammates.

See above

5. Tell us some things that you enjoy doing, hobbies, activities etc.

Play roller hockey (no ice nearby), video games, play guitar, like water activities like surfing and ocean canoeing.

6. Do you have any interest in joining a brand new franchise such at the Lions?

Start the legacy anew!

7. Is there anything that you would like us to know about you or your player going into this upcoming draft?

Looking to be a quick puck moving defenseman, good at skating and passing.

8. Biggest pet peeve?

People who walk too slowly on the sidewalk in a group of 6 people and don't let people pass.

9. What's your favorite movie quote?

Dark Helmet: What the Hell am I lookin’ at? When does this happen in the movie?
Sandurz: Now. Whatever you’re looking at now, is happening now.
Dark Helmet: Well, what happened to then?
Sandurz: We just passed it.
Dark Helmet: When?
Sandurz: Just now.
Dark Helmet: Well, go back to then.
Sandurz: We can’t.
Dark Jelmet: Why not?
Sandurz: We already passed it.
Dark Helmet: When will then be now?
Sandurz: Soon.

[Image: Rq2Dtaw.png]  [Image: Anchorage.png]  [Image: PPpK5xb.png]

[Image: vE2xRO8.png]

Sure
Borromini Cannellini - Center
3. What are your thoughts on the SHL as a whole? Is it something that you see yourself sticking too?
It's cool
4. What are your thoughts on discord? We have a lockerroom on the actual site but discord is a quick way of communicating with everyone, GMs and teammates.
I like Discord
Video games, sim leagues, hockey
Sure
7. Is there anything that you would like us to know about you or your player going into this upcoming draft?
Not really
8. Biggest pet peeve?
Pet peeves
I'm your huckleberry

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

no
Monkey D. Luffy
yea i really like it!
yup i love discord, always on it and have it on my phone
work, video games, pokemongo, sports
yup!
nothing special, just that hes a stud Smile
8. Biggest pet peeve?
slow people
i could watch kids fall off bikes all day, i dont give a fu** about your kid!

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

1. Do you have any previous SIM league experience? Yes. SHL GM, SMJHL GM, SMJHL Commissioner.

2. Who is your player what what is your position? Parker Smeb - RW

3. What are your thoughts on the SHL as a whole? Is it something that you see yourself sticking too? I like it and no.

4. What are your thoughts on discord? We have a lockerroom on the actual site but discord is a quick way of communicating with everyone, GMs and teammates. Sure

5. Tell us some things that you enjoy doing, hobbies, activities etc. SHL and LoL are my hobbies.

6. Do you have any interest in joining a brand new franchise such at the Lions? Yes, but mainly to convince Byrde to change the team name to the Chicago Hitmen out of respect for Carlzner. [Image: 2urkyt1.png]

7. Is there anything that you would like us to know about you or your player going into this upcoming draft? Draft me and I'll be active.

8. Biggest pet peeve? Byrde being a GM everytime I recreate.

9. What's your favorite movie quote? Anything from Stepbrothers or LOTR.

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

yea boi have a hof player wbu
kit smeb-lw
love shl
big discord guy
play video games and do shl
yeah im v interested so the SMEBs can be on the first line
id like to be drafted with my bros
8. Biggest pet peeve?
people smackin their lips when they chew or chewin with mouth open rly loud, just dont fukin eat in front of me ok

"hes the fastest kid alive" superbad, its rly in the way he says it tho

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2018, 12:28 AM by bsellis14.)

1. Do you have any previous SIM league experience
No, this will be my first time.

Andris Dzerins - Centre

I'm really excited to get going, I've only been on here a couple days but it seems like something I will definitely get into/stay active with. Seems like a really good group of people on the site that are nice/willing to help out. 

Use it, like it. 

I'm a big sports guy, I love watching following everything (But mostly hockey, Football and basketball) and I love fantasy sports which is why this sort of thing appealed to me. Other than that I'm a student at the moment in Canada studying journalism. So I really like all the writing/graphics stuff that we get to do on the site. 

Yes, I would love to help you guys start from scratch to try and build something special with the rest of the guys on the team. 

Not at the moment. I'm very green so I may need help with some things, but I think I'm getting the hand of most of the mechanics on the site so far. 
I also lived in Lethbridge while going to school for a year. 

-For Dzerins, trying to develop him into a solid two-way centre who can contribute at both ends of the ice.

8. Biggest pet peeve?
Bad drivers.

"Piss off ghost" -Korg

or 

"Just Keep Livin' L-I-V-I-N" - Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

[Image: 57238_s.gif]

Ya this one
Olin O'Dowd RHD
ya
ya its coo
gaming, watching hockey, things
ya
nah
8. Biggest pet peeve?
When people say I could care less instead of couldn't care less
"That gives us exactly... forty minutes to get the fuck out of Dodge. Which, if you do what I say when I say it, should be plenty. Now, you've got a corpse in a car, minus a head, in a garage. Take me to it."

[Image: sour_chin_music.gif]

[Image: HoJ50Az.png][Image: bbtqOQr.png]
Gif sig by Gillon
Other sig by ml

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2018, 12:26 AM by Nerio.)

This is my first time!

Bobby Sharp - Center

So far it's a lot of fun. It kind of combines what I'd do playing nhl games as a kid with playing youth hockey, and with a little bit of d&d pen/paper style gaming. Lots of fun.

Definitely prefer discord

I spend most of my free time watching hockey or playing video games. I'm 30 years old, went to my first caps game when I was 3 or 4 and I've been hooked ever since.

A new franchise would be perfect since I'm brand new here too. I also got put on the Lions team for the prospect tournament so I have marginally more loyalty to the name than the other teams Tongue

I'm focusing most on passing/playmaking with it

8. Biggest pet peeve?
People who walk really slow in the dead center of a hallway so there is no way around them

“I think a man working outdoors feels more like a man if he can have a bottle of suds.” Andy Dufresne from Shawshank Redemption

[Image: On57CfR.gif]
  Knights Usa Stampede Patriotes Inferno Argonauts Aurora Renegades Stampede   
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2018, 12:40 AM by Off.)

This is my first year

Bernik Vrzala - Defenseman 

This all too cool, and I hope to stick around for a while

Use it daily 

Big into aviation, history specifically world war 2, Star Wars, Game of Thrones and of course watching Hockey

As long as I can further my player's skills, and can make a difference on the team, count me in!

I plan on being a speedy defenseman that can use his defensive play to cover blown coverage and always be in the right spot. Not big on scoring, but plan to make sure nobody else does either. 

8. Biggest pet peeve?

Lack of communication

"Airbags are a little slow...but that's what these test are for!" - The Grinch from the Grinch Stole Chirstmas

[Image: Off.gif]

Code:
[b]1. Do you have any previous SIM league experience?[/b]

[b]2. Who is your player what what is your position? [/b]

[b]3. What are your thoughts on the SHL as a whole? Is it something that you see yourself sticking too? [/b]

[b]4. What are your thoughts on discord? We have a lockerroom on the actual site but discord is a quick way of communicating with everyone, GMs and teammates. [/b]

[b]5. Tell us some things that you enjoy doing, hobbies, activities etc. [/b]

[b]6. Do you have any interest in joining a brand new franchise such at the Lions? [/b]

[b]7. Is there anything that you would like us to know about you or your player going into this upcoming draft? [/b]

[b]8. Biggest pet peeve?[/b]

[b]9. What's your favorite movie quote?[/b]

1: Played a few online sports MMOs such as Goal Line Blitz, Hockeyarena, and a couple others

2: Nick Brain, Right Winger

3: I like the concept and should be around for a while if I remember to check in and keep things flowing.

4: I use Discord regularly and have no issue with it.

5: I play vidya gaems, mostly Super Smash Bros and JRPGs, some older school stuff too. I shitpost on Discord about sports and life and putter around.

6: I have interest in getting drafted by anyone at this point.

7: My aim with Nick is to make an all-around Power Forward who cna be a presence on the 2nd to 4th lines.

8: Politics, albatross contracts, and an inability to press buttons properly.

9: Too many for a favourite but one that springs to mind is one of the Cleveland coaches in Major League contemptuously saying "Look at this fuckin guy" when Charlie Sheen shows up.

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of John Torrance: Advisor to the General Manager - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of Anatoli Terrorov: Head Coach - Colorado Raptors

Nick Brain Player Profile: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91326
Nick Brain Update Thread: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91332

No
Troy Reynolds, Right Wing.
It seems like a lot of fun. I do see myself sticking to it, I wanna watch my player blossom into the superstar he is meant to be.
I have Discord and it'd be easy to communicate on there.
I enjoy watching sports, playing video games, watching videos and listening to heavy metal/rock.
Yeah, can help establish a winning legacy to the new team.
My player has a TON of off-the-ice baggage coming along with him. As for me, I have no idea whether I'm supposed to roll with a character but if so, good luck handling Troy. 
8. Biggest pet peeve?
Watching Antoine Roussel play hockey
"This isn't Vietnam, this is bowling, there are rules here" - John Goodman in The Big Lebowski

Big Walter Ulrich
S69 Prospect

No

Ricardo Cotalay - D

It's definitely interesting, I will be sticking around for at least my first season and then see how it goes from there

I always have it open on my computer

I enjoy reading/watching hockey stuff, listening to Frank Ocean, going to the gym, playing NHL/FIFA/MLB

It would be cool to be on the first roster of a team

I'm what you're looking for

8. Biggest pet peeve?
Getting left on delivered

"Get that corn out of my face!" - Nacho from Nacho Libre

Armada

no

Daniel Smeb C

no

yes

sleeping, reading, listening to music, video games, sports

yes

no

8. Biggest pet peeve?
birds

Smeb on my face

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]