Create Account

Question About SHL Teams

So since I came back from my 2.5 year hiatus I've only really paid attention to the SMJHL. Now that the draft is approaching, I'm starting to focus more on the SHL teams, but I'm so out of the loop.

-Which teams are contenders now, but on their last leg looking to rebuild?
-Which teams are in their prime, and look to be contenders for the next foreseeable future?
-Which teams are young and up and coming?
-Which teams are just crap and have a bleak future?

Cheers

Former
SHL Head Commissioner S12ish-S27ish
GM Dragons S8 & S9 (Won cups both years)
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players
[Image: HOF2.png] D - Aidan Richan - [Image: HOF2.png] (S5 11th Overall) Dragons
[Image: HOF2.png] C - Chico Salmon - [Image: HOF2.png] (S17 1st overall)  Renegades

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

SMJHL - Drafted 65th Overall by Raptors
SHL - Drafted 23rd Overall by Dragons

this thread should go smoothly

(also Platoon 4eva)

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

01-22-2019, 11:16 AM.bojo Wrote: this thread should go smoothly

(also Platoon 4eva)

Popcorn

Former
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players
[Image: HOF2.png] D - Aidan Richan - [Image: HOF2.png] (S5 11th Overall) Dragons
[Image: HOF2.png] C - Chico Salmon - [Image: HOF2.png] (S17 1st overall)  Renegades

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

01-22-2019, 11:13 AMxDParK Wrote: So since I came back from my 2.5 year hiatus I've only really paid attention to the SMJHL. Now that the draft is approaching, I'm starting to focus more on the SHL teams, but I'm so out of the loop.

-Which teams are in their prime, and look to be contenders for the next foreseeable future?

Cheers

Oh that's a good one, I've recently made some detailed rankings and digged through roosters also in preparation for some expansion analysis/application. A lot could change with expansion but right now I'd go with this Anyway:
The last leg tier: Stars Platoon Dragons Stampede Panthers (might be overly harsh placement and too many teams here)
The contender now and in future: Blizzard Renegades
Young and up and coming: Rage pride Wolfpack
Crap & just starting real rebuild: Riot
Expansion: Specters syndicate
The Jets are the Jets even if championship hungover.
Chiefs and Steelhawks seemed to retoll and be back in the contention soon. Chiefs actually already have a nice season.

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page

Everyone still hates the Wolfpack

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

01-22-2019, 11:13 AMxDParK Wrote: So since I came back from my 2.5 year hiatus I've only really paid attention to the SMJHL. Now that the draft is approaching, I'm starting to focus more on the SHL teams, but I'm so out of the loop.

Cheers

Might I recommend the teams' update/roster threads and several archived indexes? Tongue

platoon's last leg is actually what people call my third leg

01-22-2019, 11:51 AMGCool Wrote:

Cheers

Might I recommend the teams' update/roster threads and several archived indexes? Tongue

Ehh that’s boring lol

Discussion>>

Former
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2019, 11:59 AM by GCool. Edit Reason: grammar )

01-22-2019, 11:56 AMxDParK Wrote:
01-22-2019, 11:51 AMGCool Wrote: Might I recommend the teams' update/roster threads and several archived indexes? Tongue

Ehh that’s boring lol

Discussion>>

I'm not disagreeing. Starting a discussion is better than just asking what my answers to the draft ranking homework are, though. Wink

01-22-2019, 11:22 AMmajesiu Wrote:

Cheers

Oh that's a good one, I've recently made some detailed rankings and digged through roosters also in preparation for some expansion analysis/application. A lot could change with expansion but right now I'd go with this Anyway:
The last leg tier:  Stars  Platoon  Dragons  Stampede  Panthers (might be overly harsh placement and too many teams here)
The contender now and in future:  Blizzard  Renegades
Young and up and coming:  Rage  pride  Wolfpack
Crap & just starting real rebuild:  Riot
The  Jets are the  Jets even if championship hungover.
Chiefs and  Steelhawks seemed to retoll and be back in the contention soon. Chiefs actually already have a nice season.
Wtf how is Buffalo on our last leg

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

01-22-2019, 11:58 AMWannabeFinn Wrote: Wtf how is Buffalo on our last leg

y'all have been on the last leg since s25

Riot -> Challenge Cup Contender

[Image: 3.png]

Quote:-Which teams are contenders now, but on their last leg looking to rebuild?
How bout you do your research? It's called previous indexes.

Quote:-Which teams are in their prime, and look to be contenders for the next foreseeable future?
It's called [SHL Team] roster.

Get a grip, former commish. Ya lazy bum. @xDParK

Jk welcome back, I'm happy you're around again

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

01-22-2019, 11:58 AMWannabeFinn Wrote:
01-22-2019, 11:22 AMmajesiu Wrote: Oh that's a good one, I've recently made some detailed rankings and digged through roosters also in preparation for some expansion analysis/application. A lot could change with expansion but right now I'd go with this Anyway:
The last leg tier:  Stars  Platoon  Dragons  Stampede  Panthers (might be overly harsh placement and too many teams here)
Chiefs and  Steelhawks seemed to retoll and be back in the contention soon. Chiefs actually already have a nice season.

As said it might have been overly harsh putting 5 teams in that category as I'm not maybe adjusting enough for how mild SHL regression is, but your Top 5 players are regressing and the fantastic goalie just retired, though you have decent S43 prospect to replace him.
I think you are the closest to contenders now and in the future group from that 5 teams group and if only results were there this and last season I'd likely put you there. You have great S38-40 core with 6 1.1k+ players and at least 3 top tier prospects from S43-45.
So maybe Stampede is Buffaloing category for S44-5 instead? If you are back in the playoffs then Contenders category makes perfect sense.

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page

01-22-2019, 11:58 AMWannabeFinn Wrote:
01-22-2019, 11:22 AMmajesiu Wrote: Oh that's a good one, I've recently made some detailed rankings and digged through roosters also in preparation for some expansion analysis/application. A lot could change with expansion but right now I'd go with this Anyway:

Like half your team posted media about how they wanted out last week. Clearly you're down to like 4 roster players after this season. Should merge with Seattle and be Buffattle Sharks

[Image: FJPVyys.png]