Create Account

Knute on game 1-3 round 2

Interview with Knute Knurtsson abiut the second round Versus Anchorage Armanda. 
Interviewed as usual by Lars Berghagen. 

Q: down 2-1 now in the series against the Anchorage Armada, whats going through your head right now? 

A: A lot of things, they are a good team, finishin second in the standings in the regular season. We are still very much in this series, it has been two tight losses that could have gone either way. It just so happened that we came out a little short. 

[Image: 944159340.jpeg&]
Knute Knurtsson after Colorado's 7-3 win against Anchorage
Photo taken by Tommy Körberg.

Q: game one of the series you beat them 7-3, showing dominance on the ice. Tell us about that game. 

A: It was a great first game for us, showing everyone that we are a team not to be overlooked just because of our not that great regular season. Eric Vanderberg had a really strong showing, opening the scoring in the first, his second of the playoffs, on a pass from Michael Scarn. I also managed to get an assist on that goal, felt good. Then our power play klicked with Alexander Selich scoring from our playmaking king Jakub Novak and Jules Watt. Carrying on a strong showing from round one is our powerman Nick Brain who got two goal this game, just having his way with the Armada. It's really fun watching him play out there when he's on his game. After we had scored three goals in the first we went to the locker room in high spirit feeling really good. Getting back in to the second period I scored just 00:16 in to the period and Peter Larson got called back to the bench. That was pretty great! Oh yes and of course Cassius scored a power play goal, in the third. 

Q: game two was a low scoring game and your first loss in the playoffs, did you change your game plan? 

A: we had the same plan coming in to game two since game one was a solid game for us, but we clearly had the referees against us, they called many bullshit penalties on us, seven total. That set us back alot Although our penalty kill only let in one goal we didn't have the time in the offensive zone that we wanted. Yuri Ushakov played out of his mind to try and keep us in the game but we failed him and lost. 

Q: Game three must have been a sour loss for you considering you were up by two in the third. 

A: Yes it was, especially since we were on the power play with a great chans to kill the game when they scored to tie it, With just 02:18 left. They played good hockey and in the end they just wanted to win more. I'm sure we will be back, the series is not over yet and we have the skill, leadership and coaches to to come out in top when it's all said and done. 

Q: who do you see as the leader in the playoff MVP race? 

A: Right now I would say Cassius Darrow he is playing insanely good with five goals and five assists for ten points in seven games, thats insane. I also wanna say that all the rookies on Colorado really has stepped up their game for the playoffs. 

Q: Konstantin Voloshin has not seen any ice time even though his suspension is over. Is he injured or what what is going on there? 

A: I feel like this is a question for the team Management, but I hope he will be back soon as he is an important player for our team.

Q: Once again I want to Thank you for your time and and wish Colorado good fortune in the playoffs.

725 words, no native

[Image: knute.jpg]