Create Account

Four Star Cup Rookie Season - Fork Spoon's Story

"Wow, what a ride, eh? I mean here I am in my rookie season, and I was lucky enough to be a part of a franchise like STL that has a history of winning, and we get to add another cup to the trophy shelf my first season here?" "I mean, are ya kidding me? That's unreal." Those were Fork Spoon, a rookie LW for the St. Louis Scarecrows first words to the media after he got to hoist his first four star cup. "I think I was incredibly lucky. Not only to be drafter to a team with so much history, but also to be a part of something like this in the great city of St. Louis, it has been an honour." We sat down with Fork Spoon and have his full exclusive interview after his teams big win. When asked about how the final round went, Spoon replied "Honestly, it felt amazing, as I'm sure you can imagine. I'm just so happy that all the great players here got to hoist that cup, and the party afterwards, I mean wow, I'm still feeling it. That final game was surreal. We have so many talented players on our team, the way that those big players step up when it was all on the line, I think I learned a tremendous amount. It was amazing". We did not want to rush Spoon on from his talkings about the cup win, but we did want to get a look at what he had on his mind coming up pretty quick. "Yea, the draft is coming up pretty quick. I'm not a dumb guy, I know that I will not be going first overall, but I think that I'll be a great addition to whichever team decides to take a chance on me. I know that with my work ethic I can become an elite player in the SHL for many years to come". We asked Spoon if he had any recruitment offers so far. "Yeah, I mean a few teams have reached out to me and I appreciate that a lot, I kind of have my heart in a place I would love to go, but I will not be disappointed in wherever I go. I'm just excited for the next chapter in my career, and I know I can make a team very proud of me." Moving on from that, we wanted to know what Fork Spoon's plans were for the off season, as he did not get chosen to represent Canada at the World Junior Championship. "Well, I wan't all that surprised, I know I had a slow season, but that's okay. For the off season I am just going to keep training as much as I can to get an edge over any of the other players for my next season. I hope to become more of a leader to the younger guys on the team, teaching them to be good professionals, setting good examples, and showing them how hard to work both on and off the ice to become the best player possible. Honestly, I want to score more goals next year. I think I made some great strides this year, and I'm sure my whole line will be moving up the roster as some of our more experienced players move on to their SHL teams". We also asked Spoon what he was the most excited for about next season. For this answer, he was a little bit more secretive. "Honestly, lots. I know we lost lots of amazing players, so I'm looking to taking the league by storm and putting some more biscuits in the back of the net. I know that the Crows will need me to be at my best game in and game out, and I'm going to be looking to do that. I think I have a big opportunity to show everyone what I'm made of, and most of all to make my team mates proud." We did not want to keep Spoon for too long, as he had just finished up a long night with the cup, celebrating the big win with his team mates, so we left it there.

Signing off,
DJ

[Image: Sig.jpg]
Scarecrows Fork Spoon Scarecrows                 Scarecrows Update Page Scarecrows

Good article Nicely stated.

Fork Spoon a rising Star. Goal
Scarecrows =BACK TO BACK CHAMPIONS.... Cheers

[Image: Untitled-5.jpg][Image: 189-1895167_american-flag-superman-logo.png]

UPDATE PAGE

Quote:S56 WJC AWARDS
“Our third award is one that is dear to my heart as a SHL goaltender… The Peter Larson Award for the Top Goalie! This is voted by the GMs and considers both the round robin and medal rounds. The S56 Winner of the Peter Larson Award is….…
C.K. Supernaw! “

Battleborn Usa

02-09-2019, 05:56 PMWawazat Wrote: Good article Nicely stated.

Fork Spoon a rising Star. Goal
Scarecrows =BACK TO BACK CHAMPIONS.... Cheers

Can't wait for our line to light it up next year!

[Image: Sig.jpg]
Scarecrows Fork Spoon Scarecrows                 Scarecrows Update Page Scarecrows

Good read. I am sure your role will increase next season as we will lose some big guys, which is a natural thing for a junior team Smile

Our first year rookies, including you need to make a big step forward.

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies