Create Account

Waiting for preseason - Harry's thoughts

Harry Carpet POV

~~~

I was really excited for the preseason. I finally got to play on my new team and play against all the other rookies I knew from the tournament.

And then this happened.

In fact nothing happened.

They didn't give us much information - only that we wouldn't start as planned. They didn't even tell us when we would start. No information at all. What was happening? Was this the beginning of a lockout? I talked to several of my teammates - nobody had an answer. Everyone was constantly on their phones, waiting from a call from our GM or anyone else. We were ready to go out there and play and they didn't let us.
After a few hours I even contacted some of the former Vipers teammates, but they didn't know anything either. Rumors started to spread, but I tried not to listen to them. It was best to keep focused and not think too much about it. At least that was my plan. After a few more hours I was really getting impatient and normally I'm a very patient person. I decided to kill some time and had another coffee. And another one. Eventually the day came to an end and it certainly looked like we had to wait until the next morning for more news. Let's just say that I didn't sleep well. Was it too much caffeine? No, that's impossible. I dreamed of my first shutout.

The morning started exactly like the day before. We sat around, waiting. Some more tired than others. And then, suddenly, something happened. People were talking on their phones. I had just poured myself another coffee when my phone started ringing and was so nervous holding the cup in one hand and trying to get my phone out of my pocket with the other that I promptly spilled coffee all over me.

They had good news, the preseason was starting soon. We were all excited and got ready for our first game.

Essentially it couldn't have been more underwhelming for me in the end, because all I got to play was a meager 15 minutes. Why? How am I supposed to show what I'm capable of and help my team win? By sitting on the bench? Did they see me drinking too much coffee and were nervous? I can handle that! I know that I'm a backup, but that was ridiculous. At least I played a perfect 15 minutes and stopped all 11 shots I faced. I was seriously hoping that my coach wasn't planning on continuing this when the real season started. In the end we were second last in the standings, even losing our last 4 games. This was not a result anyone had expected on our team. Nobody was happy. I was upset about the result, upset about my minutes and went to get another coffee and locked myself up in my room.

---
507 words

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

Sounds a whole lot like if they started you more you wouldn't be second last in the standings, I would go straight to management about this

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

02-25-2019, 03:33 AMSecondSucks22 Wrote: Sounds a whole lot like if they started you more you wouldn't be second last in the standings, I would go straight to management about this

Sounds like an easy fix for the regular season then.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

02-25-2019, 04:06 AMCarpy48 Wrote:
02-25-2019, 03:33 AMSecondSucks22 Wrote: Sounds a whole lot like if they started you more you wouldn't be second last in the standings, I would go straight to management about this

Sounds like an easy fix for the regular season then.

Just... sorry in advance for when we light you up

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]