Create Account

Raiders S45 Awards
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2019, 10:22 AM by Jearim.)

Good Evening Ladies and Gentlefolks. I would like to welcome you here tonight as we Celebrate the Halifax Raiders on this beautiful Evening. I’m your host Jimmy Fallon
[Image: nup_176826_0178.jpg?w=446&h=299&crop=1]

As is tradition at these events, lots of music, jokes and random things that have nothing to do with the Event, none of that will happen here however.

We will be showing you some pictures of your Halifax raiders and significant others, should they have one, because that is something that seems to always happen and because let’s face it, we are jealous.

First to arrive is Captain Montgomery, looking hella. fly.
[Image: boeser-hair3.png]

Two opposite ends of the spectrum are in next, as rookie Parmborg and veteran Faceoffs walk in side by side
[Image: gettyimages-942422628-612x612.jpg]

Newly appointed Co-GM Ed Balls is next, one wants to disturb him in case , well look at the man.
[Image: Ed2BBalls.png]

Next comes Matt Kholin, rookie superstar and Russian hater, he set the league alight with a struggling Halifax team. He appears to be tailed by agents of a shady government agency
[Image: DnkIIbkUcAEQ0PG.png]

And last but not least, your Raiders Head GM Dean Atkins, along with his lovely wife (We fact checked this one, she's of age)
[Image: Maripier-Morin-Brandon-Prust.jpg]

Before we move on, let’s hear from our GM, Dean Atkins in this pre made Video….

( video begins to play, Dean Atkins appears on Screen) - “ I would like to begin this evening by welcoming you, the fans. While we gather here to celebrate the accomplishments of our Halifax Raiders none of this would be doable with out the love and support of our amazing hockey community, you the city of Halifax.

To the player, Congrats on a fantastic season. One that many ‘Experts’ said we would be the mocked team in the league. We made our first statement and we will make another this season. I know Choybuk is in attendance tonight and I want to tank him for everything he’s done for us and congratulations to making the Calgary Dragons this season.

Now let’s begin, and enjoy this wonderful evening.”

(Video fades)

Well that was a nice video and as the boss, I mean GM said, let us begin with the awards. First off the Rosston Trophy - Most Points in a season.
The Nominations:
Mikael Choybuk - 19- 19- 38
Tobias Viklund - 18-16- 34
Mr. Faceoffs - 9-24-33

And the winner of the S45 Rosston Trophy is
Mikael Choybuk - 19- 19- 38

Choybuk had an amazing season for the Halifax Raiders, his 19 goals lead the team while he had 16 points on the power play. Choybuk proved to be an offensive machine for the Raiders. Congrats Mikael Choybuk.

He is someone the Raiders will miss this season as we did perform very well for them. The next Award is one that is not News worth but a huge part of the makeup and success of a team.  
The Broadway award - Raider who shows exceptional dedication to hockey/Leadership.
The Nominations:
Matt Kholin
Dominic Montgomery
Jimmy Slothface

And the winner of the S45 Broadway award is Dominic Montgomery.

Dominic was and is the team Captain. Behind the scenes he worked hard to help the team and new GM get on the same footing as quickly as possible and to this day he continues in his leadership role with the team rookies. Congrats Dominic Montgomery

Nice guy that Dominic, Took me out to lunch once and paid for it, it was the best KFC I’ve ever had…up next is the The Ogorodnikov Trophy - Top two-way player.
The Nominations:
Tobias Viklund 34 pts / -1
Matt Kholin 32 Pts/ -7
Dylan Karlsson 28 PTS/ -2

The winner of the The Ogorodnikov Trophy - Top two-way Guy is Tobias Viklund 34 pts / -1

Viklund was a deadline addition to the Raiders and had a solid end of the season with them. Over the entire season he proved to play both sides of the puck well. Congrats Tobias Viklund.

Late deadline addition proved to be worth the move for Halifax. Will be interesting to see how he does this season. Up Next on this award ceremony is The Fuller Trophy - Top Defenseman.
The Nominations:
Dominic Montgomery 9-23-32 / -11
Dylan Karlsson 10-18-28 / -2
Perry Morgan 2-12-14 / +2

The winner of the The Fuller Trophy - Top Defenseman is Dylan Karlsson 10-18-28.

The rookie Defenseman had an amazing season. A power play quarterback, he was a lethal threat on the man advantage. His 14 power play points made up half his total points for the season. Congrats Dylan Karlsson.

The Rookie has some impressive Numbers, Halifax really got a steal when they drafted him where they did. Speaking of Rookies,up next is The Moreau Award - Rookie of the year
The Nominations:
Dylan Karlsson 10-18-28
Matt Kholin  15-17- 32
Jimmy Slothface 11-16-21

The winner of the S45 Moreau Award - Rookie of the year is Matt Kholin  15-17- 32

Another rookie with an amazing season. While the 3 nominees and a few others had amazing seasons, Kholin stood slightly above the rest as the rookie Centerman found his way to being the teams number 2 counterman behind Mr. Faceoffs. Congrats Matt Kholin.

The rookie Centerman made his mark this past season, he along with other rookies on this team would not be denied and made their marks in the season, However, the post season is a different animal altogether, which brings us to our next award, the Ted Glass Award - Best Playoff Performer
The Nominations:
Matt Kholin 4-6-10/ 2 game winning Goals
Troy Reynolds 5-3-8/ 2 Game winning Goals
Dylan Karlsson 3-4-7/ 1 game winning goal

The winner of the Ted Glass Award - Best Playoff Performer is Troy Reynolds.

Troy was a beast in the playoffs. Many saw his regular season and thought he was an average player but once the playoffs came around, he proved to be mister clutch for the Raiders, especially in round 1. Congrats Troy Reynolds

You know Troy is the one player that I think was in the news the most. I think he generated more advertisement for this team than anyone out there. His Value, well I’m not one to determine that, and to a team value is very different. The final award tonight is one that has no nominations, Everyone one the team is Watched and observed all season long, The next Award is The Macleod Award - MVP.

The winner is selected by the GMS. He is someone that has helped the team all season on the ice. He was a quiet leader, game in and game out. A player put in all situations and trusted in those situation the winner of The Macleod Award - MVP is Mr. Faceoffs

This being his last season in the SMJHL, Halifax hopes he can continue his play and be just as valuable, while other players try and stake their claim as the team MVP this season. Congrats MR.Faceoffs

That just about wraps up our night tonight. On behalf of the Halifax Raiders, we would like to say thank you to you the fans, good luck to the Players and Rookies in S46 and a huge welcome to mister ED BALLS as the teams new CO GM. Best of luck feeling out your place on this team….( awkward stare into the camera.)
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVf_qzpAioIyAR3wtKhWa...WmWXyN-nXQ]
With that, Good night, until next seasons awards.

[Image: 54855_s.gif]

Knights ||  Patriotes

Whalers|| Renegades ||  Patriotes ||  Finland

Renegades ||Militia ||Canada  

[Image: jearim.gif]

big hype raiders raiders

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany

"And Jimmy Slothface is cruising the awards show parking lot screaming about being robbed"

[Image: EvilLongChick-size_restricted.gif]

[Image: 66818_s.gif]