Create Account

TEPI% Ranking: 2nd Edition

TEPI% Ranking: 2nd Edition

Hello and welcome to the 2nd Edition of the TEPI% Rankings. For those of you who aren’t familiar with the stat or what it tries to achieve, I want to give you a short introduction to.

TEPI means “TPE-related-Events Participation Indicator” and it is measured in percent. This way, we can look at all the players equally, even those who joined later. So, what is TEPI doing? TEPI tracks every opportunity to earn TPE after a certain cutoff point and it tracks, if the eligible players did participate in it or not. The SMJHL S46 Entry Draft is used as a cutoff point, because I needed one and I though the Entry Draft marks the beginning of the season and it would be a good cutoff point. So everything that happened beforehand doesn’t matter for these rankings.

This way, there are 11 events that the S47 SHL Draftees were able to earn TPE in. I did a list on eight of those last week, so in the past week there were three more events:
  • Activity Check #254
  • Weekly Training
  • Point Task #3
The players can still do PGS. If you claimed at least one TPE here it will count as participated.

So what is TEPI trying to achieve? It basically measures the activity of every S47 SHL Draftee in a way that is more fair than just looking at TPE. Some people just joined way sooner and thus had a lot more opportunities than other to earn TPE. With the cutoff point, everyone had the same opportunity to earn TPE. It doesn’t matter how many TPE you earned in those events, all that matters is that you participated. There are some players who joined late and didn’t have the opportunity to participate in all of the 11 events. This is why TEPI is measured in percent. As long as players participated in 50% of the events, they can be considered for these rankings.

I hope this will help GM’s and people track the activity of players in the most important thing that a player can on this site: Player progression. And without any further ado, let’s take a look at this weeks rankings.

[Image: Y68OyHO.png]

For this week, I looked at luketd’s TPE rankings and thought that looking at the players in their draft rounds is a pretty good idea. Not only does it show the activity of the single player, it also shows how good the GM’s were at drafting. And as you can see, the GM’s were absolutely phenomenal when it comes to the first round. Every player in the first round did everything possible so far. Besides Juulius Smonk, who did everything up until Point Task #3 last week. And that is still very good activity. It’s definitely possible that we see a pretty similar first round in the S47 SHL Entry Draft.

[Image: 0zYVp62.png]

Looking at the 2nd round, the guys drafted here are still very, very active and it’s looking like teams were getting very good value out of the 2nd round. Seemu Telanne of the Anaheim Outlaws missed on Point Task opportunity but still has the chance to do PGS to boost his stats. Vadim Malichov can still get to 100% as the only thing he didn’t do so far is PGS. Boruvka Banananak only missed one Point Task. The only guy that doesn’t really fit the picture of this very active round defenseman Miikka Salo. Up until last week, he did everything possible besides PGS. Than all of a sudden, he didn’t do anything last week. So maybe anyone knows what’s going on here? Vancouver Whalers by the made out like bandits in the first two rounds, getting three players with 100% TEPI.

[Image: RN8o42y.png]

In the third round you can start to see the activity to drop a little bit. 28th Overall Lex Peters is the first real bust of this draft, only doing Training Camp and one weekly Training so far. Still, there are 7 players with more than 80% TEPI which is still remarkable and a lot of those guys didn’t do PGS which will help their cause as well. Martijn Westbroek has 254 TPE to go along his 100% TEPI which honestly should be good enough for the first round in the SHL Entry Draft if he continues that way.
[Image: 5kbbYa8.png]

Obviously Aaron Wilson stands out here as the only player with 100% in the 4th round. The Vancouver Whalers had an absolutely amazing draft. The come out of the first four rounds with four player with 100% TEPI and one player with 91% TEPI. Crazy. And this 4th round is still a very good one, as we’re looking at six players with 80%+ TEPI. Trading Jaguar Johnson could have been a big mistake for the Halifax Raiders, as the only thing the 42nd Overall didn’t do so far is PGS. The Raiders also drafted the bust Isaiah Reece and the Knights drafted Sami Votto who didn’t amount to anything. Luke Derion fell off the face of the earth, too.

[Image: 8TmmUtp.png]

The fifth round has 4 late steals. Harry Carpet is probably the best goalie of this draft class and should go pretty high in the SHL Entry Draft. The Outlaws did get a steal with Slap McShotty and the Falcons probably are very happy with the polish dude. There are four complete busts in this draft, too. The Whalers finally have one too with Genghis Con. So not a perfect draft for them.

[Image: cm25dGm.png]

The 6th round is actually pretty bad. Some team just didn’t pick here while the teams who did, didn’t get too much out of it. Jay Boom’Boom is a solid pick that could amount to something as he is still semi active, doing the Activity Check last week. Savoli Tankovic is a pretty interesting case. He didn’t do anything up until last week where he did the Activity Check and the Weekly Training. Maybe someone to have an eye on?

[Image: 5gNYvdV.png]

Now this chart is very interesting. We are looking at the players who joined after the draft or those who just didn’t get drafted. I think all of them joined after the draft though. Whatever, these are the guys who can’t compete in the TPE battle because they joined late and obviously have a lot more TPE less than the big guns. There are four very, very good signings in Josh Driver, Noah Gallagher, Sacha Selman and Theo Morgan who could turn heads at the SHL Entry Draft. They did everything or close to everything the could so far. Then there are two very solid guys in Dale Miller and Igor Volkov and two guys that may or may not turn into something in Aleister Crowley and Josef Kubinec. The rest are just busts.

Thank you for reading and I’ll see you next week.

[Image: jHIZWUN.png]

I see you praise Vancouver, I see you play for Vancouver, I see Vancouver.. I like

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Ilike

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies

Looks like thats a big ouchies for detroit, no wonder @sharksisback picks on them, easy target

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

"the polish dude" had me crying

nice article once again

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

Thanks for putting this together!

Glad to know I haven't missed anything yet... This is helping keeping me on track, keep them coming!

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

oh ok.. polish dude.. cool.. no name I get it... fkn ruskis

[Image: PvZbGlD.png]
[Image: FszcRvP.png]
Thanks @"AndrewWarren13" for the sig

Very insightful again, nice graphs too.

Oh and look, the polish dude even commented.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]