Create Account

Interview with Hippo Passamus

New training arrangement, a new family member and a new long contract with Buffalo.
The puzzle pieces have fallen into place for Hippo Passamus, 24, who during the autumn stepped forward as both a goal shooter and a scoring machine.
- I have become better at valuing what I have. I definitely appreciate life, family and ice hockey now more than when I was younger, he says.
Just hours before the interview, twin brother Rippo has zeroed and beaten club records with the most matches and rescues in Borås history. Rippo Passamus also tops the SWEHL's goalkeeping team with an impressive 94.9 in rescue percentage.
It is going well right now for the Passamus brothers…
- Yes, I was inside and read now in the morning and saw that my brother nailed again and also hit some record. Fun for him, Hippo says.
So who is really the hottest of the Passamus brothers?
- Haha, now he (Rippo) has sailed up again and kept the zero. But it's fun that it goes well there too. Both thrive, he joins with his and I here, then it can swing fast in this industry.
"Looking for the perfect"
Rippo Passamus has been one of SWEHL's absolute best goalkeepers during much of the 2000s. Then Hippo's transformation into scoring and targeting machines in SHL is more surprising. During the autumn's 16 matches, the Buffalo winger has sent in five goals, comparing with the total thirteen he has done in the last season.
- The dividend I had for a few weeks I have never been near before. With my measurements measured it has been extreme. Overall, I have had a good level, but still there have been matches where I felt that: "fuck, this was not good," says Hippo Passamus.
Time and again during the interview, he returns to how quickly it can turn around. About pucks that can start bouncing out post and how important it is to be balanced and humble.
Are you bad at enjoying success?
- Sure, it's a bit like that. You are looking for the perfect one and have trouble accepting that it is going well, you are looking for wrong. At the same time, I think it is fun that it went so well, I can honestly say.
Are you still better off enjoying when compared to when you were younger?
- In any case, playing ice hockey at large. I have been better at appreciating what I have, I do a lot more now than when I was younger. This with life, family and hockey overall, I definitely appreciate more now than when I was younger.
For two years, Hippo Passamus and the family live in idyllic Buffalo. When I reach him, he has just left the car. Then another 20 minutes’ drive is waiting for another workout.
This very day, the car is going to service and teammate Oliver König is driving to the training facility.
- We really enjoy it very much at Buffalo. The family life out there is nice while there is everything with activities for the children and other things.
And the family continues to grow. Two months ago, his wife gave birth to their third child. Vera, 4.5 years, and Viktor, 4.5, have received a little sister.
- Everything has gone well, but I am away much so my wife gets a heavy workload. Then we get a lot of help from grandmother and grandfather who lives with us in buffalo.
"Gets big difference"
When it comes to the success of the ice, with goals and points, Hippo Passamus gives chain mate Oliver König a great deal in the success.
- For my own production, there was a big difference when König and I got paired up. He is amazingly good at finding his fellow players on surfaces and then I also started to move more in front of goals. Previously, I went out into a corner to be playable and then pass on. Now I am more in front of the goal and try to be more or less shotgun. When playing with skilled players, you can trust that they cover puck and find you in those areas. Clearly there will be a big difference.
Another success factor is small adjustments in fly training that have had a great effect on the ice.
- The mobility training has really been with every year, but now I have put even greater focus there. Have run some new exercises that have given good results for my part. Some specific exercises have made me feel a little lighter. Not as much stretch and pull on the body as before. Compared to many others, I am not directly mobile and explosive, but at least it has done a lot for me. Skating has felt better.
"Others might have chased dollars and pennies"
That you wrote a new twelve-year contract with Buffalo this spring, how much has it meant for working hours?
- Clearly I had some thoughts last autumn about how the future would look. I was really trying to get what I wanted to do over the next few years. It grew more and more that it is in Buffalo I want to be. Both for me and for the family, it is a certainty that we enjoy it so well. If I and the other family are good, it will of course be easier to perform on the ice.
But it was worth it?
- I felt that way. Clearly I might have been able to go out in hunt for dollars and pennies. But the security for me and the family and the feeling I have for the club is strong. I want my future here.
Going for gold
Buffalo has dominated SHL during the last season. The team is just as in recent years a very effective and entertaining team in the regular season. In the playoffs it has been tougher, earlier. The last seasons gold was the first in the teams history.
What is the big goal of the season for Hippo Passamus:
- Of course it is the playoffs that are this year, there is nothing to talk about. To be really satisfied we should go all the way. At the same time, we know how tough it is. But we definitely have the ingredients to fight for it.

ready for grading 1050 words

RETIRED

Ilike

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria