Create Account

S48 PT #3 - Internal Affairs

Doing #2

Alright, what's the #1 thing that drives new users away from the site? Is it a bad contract system for 1500 TPE SHL lifers? Hell no. It's the goddamn updating system.

This CBA needs to focus on fixing the many broken facets of the updating system. It's terrible from top to bottom. It's confusing in the way TPE gets handed out, it's confusing in the way of writing your update posts, it's confusing in the way your player gets updated. The User Experience for it is terrible. I guarantee if you go and ask new players what the hardest part of the site is they're going to say "fucking updating".

I love the updating team to death. They have the hardest jobs on the site bar none. But when they get behind updating players then it causes absolute havoc. Players missing 20-50 TPE in the J is absolutely huge and could be the difference in between a win and a loss. This needs to be automated and it seems like HO doesn't really care about it nor is trying to make it better.

I hear about the other sim sites that handle updating and how terrible the current system here is. It needs major reform if this site is going to survive and thrive.

Caveat: I'm in fact working on automating the updating system and I feel like I've gotten 0 support from anyone but some GMs and the Devs. This also seems the case for other devs doing work too. How long did esilverm have to wait to get paid for his scraper bot that probably every SHL/J team uses?

[Image: nubbedindaribs.gif]
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2019, 01:51 PM by gaby.)

Task#2

Too many superstar players settle for a minimum contract, it creates a lot of bad things. First, it allows teams to stack a lot of talent and we always see the same powerhouse teams season after season. It's almost at the same level as the NBA where we pretty much know before the first regular games the 2-3 teams who has a chance to win it all. It's hard to keep our fans interested in the league. Those players who accept the minimum hurt less talented player who can't rely on sponsorships or other opportunities to earn money. Hard to ask for more than 5M when the best players sign below that.

So what I propose is an increase in salary cap and allow a maximum of 3 minimum contract. Also remove the hometown discount this shit is ridiculous. Talent will be spread better making the league more healthy and players getting a better salary will push them to train harder.

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

Quote:Task Choice: 2:  A players union would be helpful as the SHL is in a period of tough negotiations for a new Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA). The goal is to sign a new deal before it starts affecting league events and games.  If you are asked to sit in at the negotiating table, what would you ask for the players to receive, and or what would you ask for our members on the site? (your choice)... Describe why your demands are essential to the goodwill between players and owners and or site members and HO/Site admins.. and the League's need for continued growth.

If I was able to sit in on the negotiating table, I would ask for a couple of things. Starting with, I would for sure bring up the point of our contract system in the league. Right now it seems like there are always minimal contracts constantly being handed out and favoritism that will be played with certain teams and their players. There needs to be a limit on the min contract system and maybe a cap bump for all teams.

Next, I’d like to bring up how teams are treated when it comes in regard to punishments that are handed down to teams. There have been a few instances where a GM or two will break a rule and obviously a punishment needs to be handed down but too many times teams are slapped so hard that even with a removal of GM they are going to be suffering long term and will cause players looking for the door.

Lastly, I think the SMJHL TPE Cap for sure needs to be raised. It’s not at a super terrible place right now but if it was raised to at least 450 then players will continue to grind that TPE out. Also, maybe having more TPE to earn for both leagues.

[Image: tjFQotX.gif]

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:s.Task Choice: 1 - A campaign for an SHL players association is in the works as some in the league believe that the needs of the collective players are not being met. Choose '3' users from the site (not GM's or HO members) who would be good ambassadors for the new players association and explain why you chose them? (*tag them*)

First of all, I'm writing this on my phone so I'd like to pre-emptively apologize for any grammatical or spelling errors. Now, onto my PT: in my opinion, the SHL players association should include @gordieboom, @5ympathies, and @bilbo. I think my choices are pretty self explanatory but I have to explain them anyway to hit the minimum word limit for this PT. Firstly, there's gordie -- one of the most quietly dedicated members of the site, and someone who has a penchant for diving deep into investigations. The association could use someone with his super sleuth skills. Next is 5ympathies. While it doesn't seem like he really does much, I trust him to fight for the players he likes, and I am one of those players. Also, the association could always benefit from a controversial opinion or two, and I trust him to provide plenty of those. Last but not least is bilbo, who I included because they love holding titles but not having to actually do any work, and I think the PA is a perfect position for that.

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

Task Choice: 1 - A campaign for an SHL players association is in the works as some in the league believe that the needs of the collective players are not being met. Choose '3' users from the site (not GM's or HO members) who would be good ambassadors for the new players association and explain why you chose them? (*tag them*)

I first started in the SHL right around S9, Ive seen a lot of names go in and out, I have seen some stick around for a long time and really help build the league to the point it is at. I feel one guy who has been here for a long time and really would be one I trust with handling the players affairs is Gabriel Wong. I just feel a veteran like Wong has paid his dues in the league for so long that he could really bring a composed and experienced view to the forefront.

Task Choice: 2: A players union would be helpful as the SHL is in a period of tough negotiations for a new Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA). The goal is to sign a new deal before it starts affecting league events and games. If you are asked to sit in at the negotiating table, what would you ask for the players to receive, and or what would you ask for our members on the site? (your choice)... Describe why your demands are essential to the goodwill between players and owners and or site members and HO/Site admins.. and the League's need for continued growth.

I think personally I would ask that the league looks to a plan where you can earn more on salarys that could afford a full seasons worth of training at a younger and early age, while also maybe adding more TPE opportunities for lesser TPE so that the true dedicated players will gain their advantage but still keep a lot of the casual players in play which also might help keep teams a little closer in the standings.

[Image: HIXWkkp.gif]

HE SHOOTS HE SCORES

JOHN LANGABEER NETS IT AND TIES THE GAME!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AND HE SCORES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! JOHN LANGABEER JUST SCORED THE 2 BIGGEST GOALS OF HIS CAREER IN A MATTER OF 10 SECONDS!!!!!!

WEST KENDALL TAKES THE LEAD!!!!

S41 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7, Game Tying and Game Winning Goals.

[Image: 9CCwe8F.jpg]

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

Task #2
The salary cap is pretty low for the salaries some people not only would like, but deserve. So often you see really good players settle just so they help the team squeeze into the cap, and barely even make it anyway. It would be nice to raise that, and to raise it quite a bit, so players can get some decent paychecks and dont have to find a second income, whether its a job or writing articles. Another thing would definitely be updating. Currently, as many know, it can be extremely confusing to new people to get into and understand correctly. Even users that are here for months and years can do substantial mistakes in updating because, after all, its a human doing them and the human error can happen. It would be much easier if updating was done a bit more automatically, with more things consistently the same, not only for the users, but also, for the updaters quality of life upgrade.

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

PBE PT Claim

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2019, 05:12 PM by ToeDragon84.)

[Image: azTgAJD.png]
@Garry

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

Quote:Task Choice: 1 - A campaign for an SHL players association is in the works as some in the league believe that the needs of the collective players are not being met. Choose '3' users from the site (not GM's or HO members) who would be good ambassadors for the new players association and explain why you chose them? (*tag them*)

First choice is @39alaska39. He is a former GM of the Colorado Raptors and has spent a lot of time on the site looking for improvements. He's been involved in initiatives such as the proposed hockey card system and has gone out of his way to write media about a proposed SHLPA. My second choice is @karlssens. He'd be the guy who's constantly getting "too old for this shit" and talking about retirement but just keeps getting dragged back into the game. Finally, I'd choose @ArGarBarGar. He's shown huge dedication to the site with his work in the history section and every season's top-100 list.

[105 words]

Quote:Task Choice: 2:  A players union would be helpful as the SHL is in a period of tough negotiations for a new Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA). The goal is to sign a new deal before it starts affecting league events and games.  If you are asked to sit in at the negotiating table, what would you ask for the players to receive, and or what would you ask for our members on the site? (your choice)... Describe why your demands are essential to the goodwill between players and owners and or site members and HO/Site admins.. and the League's need for continued growth.

I think the players need a change in salary structure. As it stands the majority of players go from making 3 million in the SMJHL to making 1-3 million in their send-down seasons. Training becomes more expensive once you've been drafted and we reward that with smaller contracts. I'd like to see a system similar to the NHL where teams hold onto the rights of players for 2 or maybe 3 seasons rather than forcing contract signings. SMJHL teams could continue to pay the players 3 million and SHL teams don't have to low-ball their prospects in order to stay competitive. This helps everyone, current players can demand more money because the 70 million is being spent on actual players, send-downs can actually keep a decent amount of money to stay active.

[132 words]

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

If I was negotiating on behalf of the SHL player union the big topic that would obviously come up is in regards to contracts and the salary cap. It's tough because on one hand i'm not a huge fan of minimum contract tiers, but on the other I see why they're necessary because the majority of top players would just be signing for minimum anyways. Another problem is rookies getting drafted to the SHL and getting low contracts that are lower than what they made in the SMJHL due to tight budgets. The simple solution to this would be increasing the send down budget or making smjhl teams pay for them, but even this i'd still have to consider since it does kinda make sense that more stacked teams should struggle to pay their rookies well. I'd have to do some more thinking in regards to contracts but one thing that I do thing is needed even though we just had one is another expansion. I personally think it's insane that other than some exceptions where good chemistry can be found like Chicago last year and TB this year, you basically need around 800 tpe to be at least somewhat of a relevant player and usually on a 3rd line. I think it's bad that some players are forced to play 4 seasons in the SMJHL at 350 tpe even as good TPE earners just because their teams are that stacked. Oh one more thing i'd want to negotiate about is the update scale, but thats for another time.

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/i...entry89077

PBE Welfare PT: Dieselj123 on PBE

[Image: kD6k7a5.png]
[Image: CjCi3BJ.png]

180 words

With the upcoming Simulation Hockey League season fast approaching and still without a new collective bargaining agreement, the players have come together with their list of demands that must be met in order for an agreement to be reached. The demands are threefold and are as follows: First- The SHL is in drastic need of a salary cap raise. With so much talent available, the players are fighting among themselves just to get what they deserve. The owners can afford to pay the players more, considering the amount of revenue they raise for the league. This league would crumble without the players. Second- The price for weekly training must come down. With the salaries as they are, good players can hardly afford to train throughout an entire season. If training were to be reduced by a third of the price, the players feel this would be fair. Third- The salary cap must only include players on a teams' active roster. A team should not have to foot the bill for a player not actively contributing to their on-ice product.
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2019, 06:06 PM by TnlAstatine.)

@Mayuu is gonna be my first candidate. This absolute unit of a player knows how to meme hard and also knows what the players want. His voice is always heard and nobody else commands more attention than mayuu. You know he'll do the job well because he has a couple kids and nobody can lay down the law unlike a dad!

Next up is @StamkosFan. Not very many people are bigger whores than stamkos (except maybe me). His dedication can be seen from miles away and even if you are newer to the site you probably know this stud of studs. I think he'll have a great voice for the players and everybody would easily follow him to the ends of the earth

Last but not least i'm going with @slothfacekilla. Sure on the ice there isn't anything to right home about, but off the ice this man is top of the class. Always a friendly guy and always wants the best for his friends. Would be a young stunner on the players ass.

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

PBE PT 12-4

[Image: 2v10l6s.png]