Create Account

S48 PT #3 - Internal Affairs

Quote:Task Choice: 1 - A campaign for an SHL players association is in the works as some in the league believe that the needs of the collective players are not being met. Choose '3' users from the site (not GM's or HO members) who would be good ambassadors for the new players association and explain why you chose them? (*tag them*)
When I think of users that would be outstanding possible representatives of a new SHL Player’s Association (SHLPA), a few traits are important to me. First, they should have a long term vision of the league--where we’ve been and where we are—so they can help push the league to where we should go. Second, they should carry the respect of many users. Third, they shouldn’t be afraid to try new things and argue for what they believe to be in the league and the players’ best interests.

My first two recommendations should surprise no one. @Pris is a gem of a human, has been around a good long time, and pulls no punches when she believes in something. My second recommendation has already been spoken about at length. There are few SHL users that carry as much gravitas and respect as @.bojo—he’d be a natural choice, and if he accepted the role, he would serve the new SHLPA well.

My third suggestion might be a bit controversial, but I honestly don’t care. @kit has been around long enough to have a clear vision for the past, present and future for the SHL, and cares about this league. He’s no stranger to controversy, and an SHLPA could use that fire. Plus, while some people might still remember him as an immature, hot headed kid (which he admittedly was) he’s come a long way and I respect him a lot from my time on the site.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2019, 10:09 PM by Psanchez55.)

http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/i...st&p=88649

[Image: 1542603263658.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2019, 11:05 PM by King.)

If there is going to be an SHLPA I think it would need a mix of veteran and new players. We would need some with experience to keep the historical perspective but would need young blood and new ideas. All members would need a level of maturity and commitment to the league.

Veteran member: @ArGarBarGar - The history father of the SHL, he has a unique perspective on the SHL that none others have. Also is a veteran but isn't resistant to change.

Veteran member: @.bojo - Obviously has a rich history with the league and has added many of the most used and novel dimensions to the site. And as others have said a popular member on the boards, well liked by all.

Young member: @notorioustig - Of the momentous S43 draft class tig definitely has a level of maturity to him and a level headedness that I think would make him a good git for representing the SHL players.

150+ words.

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons

Task Choice 2: A players union would be helpful as the SHL is in a period of tough negotiations for a new Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA). The goal is to sign a new deal before it starts affecting league events and games.  If you are asked to sit in at the negotiating table, what would you ask for the players to receive, and or what would you ask for our members on the site? (your choice)... Describe why your demands are essential to the goodwill between players and owners and or site members and HO/Site admins.. and the League's need for continued growth.

If I were to be sitting at the table for the the CBA negotiations I would suggest to raise the salary cap so that there is more room to give competitive salaries and that there is more room for negotiating a good salary for your player. At the same time when salary cap is increased, I want to get rid of the minimum salary tiers and hometown discounts. As there will be less need for them. Contract negotiations will become more exiting for the player. With the raise of the salary cap I would also hope that the unrestricted free agent market get's a positive impuls and that more players try the free market. Right now most teams don't have any room at all to shop for players. In the end I would also hope it would balance the teams better and no team can stack up on star players all taking a lower salary.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

Code:
Task Choice: 1 - A campaign for an SHL players association is in the works as some in the league believe that the needs of the collective players are not being met. Choose '3' users from the site (not GM's or HO members) who would be good ambassadors for the new players association and explain why you chose them? (*tag them*)

For my 3 members of the players table at the CBA meetings, I've decided to go with 3 players that represent both the past, the present and the future of the SHL. I focused on players who do not have a stake in management but rather who are independent and know, or are learning, the inner-workings of the league.

Philipp Winter @RomanesEuntDomus – This one if the obvious choice to me. Though some older members may consider RED divisive, he's a longtime member who is always willing to look at both sides of the argument and if need be, take the opposite stance. His willingness to put himself out there will be a huge benefit.

Borromini Cannellini @ArGarBarGar – For many of the reasons I mentioned for RED, ArGar would be my present choice for representation. He came out strong around S20 and has always been a prominent member and a big advocate of making sure things are functioning. Definitely will be a huge help at the table.

Gabriel Johnson @Gwdjohnson – A much newer member who is already showing promise. His knowledge may not be up there with RED but he is already showing himself to be an outspoken member. He's a locker room leader and will be a leader at the CBA table.

Code:
212 words

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

Task Choice 2:

There's a few things I think are worth fighting for in a CBA to make this a better experience for our players. First, we should implement a revenue sharing system that would result in each player having a base salary value on top of the one paid by the teams. With everyone feeling the need to take pretty low salaries from their teams because for whatever reason everyone in the SHL doesn't want to become rich or something, this could help balance out the ridiculous training costs and the like. Next, I would push for better pay for our freelance writers. These poor hockey players have to act like they're English majors too and are not paid equivalently to their counterparts in other sports. I would also push for a mandatory free agency period after each player's second contract. One thing I learned when doing just a little bit of an article series on how players ended up on their current teams is that nobody ever leaves in free agency! This wouldn't force players to leave, but there would at least be a chance to talk with other teams, see what contract values are available on the open market, and make the most money for your player.

[Image: gotze_team_siggy.png]
[Image: lKRNHAn.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2019, 10:27 AM by ImShiny.)

Picking the people to represent the players of the SHL is a big deal and must take careful consideration. My first person to be picked would be @39alaska39. Alaska already has a lot of ideas for a players association. He would be perfect because he knows how he wants to get things done and is well liked by the community already. The next person I would pick would be @Off . Getting a voice in for the new players would be great and since Off is still on his first gen and has been in the league for a short time would be great input for the association. My last person would be @JayWhy  is a person I can trust to get things done in the association. He is a very determined person and is hardworking to try and get the things that the players would want into the league. These three I believe would be the best people to put in charge of the players association.  They are also great people who can get along with others and handle the responsibilities that a players association would throw at them.

[Image: ImShiny.gif]

As a respresentative of the SHLPO, one of the things that I would bring up with the league would be a flexible salary cap. This is something that has already been suggested a couple of times by multiple people including myself, but the HO was always numb on it. Well now with a union in place they can't ignore this proposal anymore! In my opinion the league needs a more flexible salary cap, not to make it easier to build powerhouses, but to give us the opportunity to adjust roster sizes depending on the size of the userbase. Are there lots of semi-actives who have trouble finding teams who take them on? Maybe think about slapping an extra 5M on the cap next season! Are teams able to build whole top-9s of 1000+ TPE players without having to make any sacrifices for it? Maybe think about cutting it down a bit for next season. So far expansion has been our main way to deal with fluctuating user numbers, why not add add a flexible and exciting salary cap on top of that to make sure that teams have room for players while not allowing certain franchises to pull away too much from the pack?

Also, the salary cap is a pretty significant tool to manage the flow of money in the league, but one that we haven't utilized at all for 20 plus seasons. So as a respresentative of the players, I would also try to use this change to get salaries to rise without handcuffing GMs. Basically, to kick this new system off we could up the contract values in our league in general, rise the salary cap by let's say 30%, but also raise minimum salaries by 30%. So everyone would make more while the GMs would still have the same relative amount of cap space. An inflation like that would be problematic when talking about TPE, but it isn't in regards to the $$$ aspect of this league because it is still very much capped. No matter how much money you make, there is only so much you can spend each season. So this would mostly be a change that helps newer and lower-activity users and help us keep them active, without making it too easy for them to catch up to the big dogs.

Quote:Task Choice: 2: A players union would be helpful as the SHL is in a period of tough negotiations for a new Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA). The goal is to sign a new deal before it starts affecting league events and games. If you are asked to sit in at the negotiating table, what would you ask for the players to receive, and or what would you ask for our members on the site? (your choice)... Describe why your demands are essential to the goodwill between players and owners and or site members and HO/Site admins.. and the League's need for continued growth.

If I were to sit at the table for a new CBA, the main thing I would argue for is more cap space and money for us players to have top tier training every week. Why you ask? Because the SHL is supposed to be the top tier sim hockey league out there yet we all have to work like peons to pay for our training AND our equipment upgrades. Look, us players didn't bust our asses all our lives to make the big leagues just to chuck away all of our hard earned simulation dollars on gear upgrades and trainings. We deserve to spend that money freely on hookers and coca.. i mean family trips and religious retreats to our leisure damnit! If that isn't possible, then we should at least make some sort of team bank that can be utilized by players who are somehow struggling to make ends meet due to... poor spending or weak income channels. If you want the SHL to be the big show, then we should have some big bucks behind it. Aside from that, I agree with other suggestions for player buyouts with some cap impact for doing so to help teams dump long term contracts for players who have gone rogue or fallen off.

[Image: PvZbGlD.png]
[Image: FszcRvP.png]
Thanks @"AndrewWarren13" for the sig

PBE Welfare

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

Task Choice: 2

A lot of people have mentioned this already, but that just goes to show that an increase in the salary cap is needed. With the price of a full set of equipment needed for each season coupled with the one million dollar training, the expenses add up fairly quickly. As a newcomer to any sort of sim league, I find myself falling into the red in regards to my bank account much more often than I would like or I anticipated when I first started. A higher salary cap would lead to higher salaries thus alleviating this problem. This site is supposed to be for fun and entertainment. The current pricing structure, as it stands, encourages low effort media or graphics posts. No one cares about these and they just clutter up the site. I’m guilty myself of this doing just interviews filled with fluff for my player. There’s no real substance but I’m strapped for cash so I feel obligated to write something in order to generate cash flow.

[Image: xvPjYUR.png]
syndicate Outlaws Switzerland

Task 1:

I think that @Obsidian311 would be a good person to help represent the SHL because he was part of the older group and he has been an active part of the continuing SHL. He has team banking experience and has ideas to help improve things. He stays active and know how to bring pressure where it is needed to get things done.

My second choice is @Blastmeaway. He is a very active player and extremely knowledgeable about how things work. He is constantly posting to Czechia and helping people keep current. He is a smart asset to have on the side of the players. Also his upbeat attitude would make the meetings less boring. 

And lastly, I would pick @Darkened_Rose_16 . I don't know much but am young, pretty, and eager to learn. I know how to sidetrack every conversation so we would never have to worry about not meeting the minutes requirements.

152 words

[Image: Tadisko.png]

Code:
Task Choice: 2:  A players union would be helpful as the SHL is in a period of tough negotiations for a new Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA). The goal is to sign a new deal before it starts affecting league events and games. If you are asked to sit in at the negotiating table, what would you ask for the players to receive, and or what would you ask for our members on the site? (your choice)... Describe why your demands are essential to the goodwill between players and owners and or site members and HO/Site admins.. and the League's need for continued growth.

At the negotiating table, I would ask that members receive an optional Player Narrative template that helps them decide certain things about their player besides the birthplace and date like it is on the current template. This would be a template you would get after getting approved by the site moderator people or whoever is in charge of approving new members. A lot of players already create a narrative on their own, but I feel as though some others would benefit from knowing that the option is highly encouraged and the template could give players some ideas on which to build their narrative. For example, having a question like, "What charities or organizations is your player passionate about?" could help generate better PT content as well as media articles. Having players put more thought into their narrative and learning about others' narratives could help with site activity, media activity, and make players want to train more to take care of their players' success. Of course, this would be optional, as some players do not care at all about their narrative (how, I ask?), but stories keep people coming back.

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2019, 09:39 AM by Otrebor13.)

Task Choice: 1 - A campaign for an SHL players association is in the works as some in the league believe that the needs of the collective players are not being met. Choose '3' users from the site (not GM's or HO members) who would be good ambassadors for the new players association and explain why you chose them? (*tag them*)

If I were putting together an SHLPA, I would want a group who has a lot of influence, knows the league and are easily approachable and level headed to help make decisions. For that reason, these would be the 3 people I’d choose to be a part of the SHLPA:

@ArGarBarGar : He’s been around the league, he’s the SHL historian and he would be a perfect guy to be a part of this team. Not always the most vocal guy on the boards, but he’s well respected.

@.bojo : He has been a driving force for automating a lot of stuff around the league. Couple that with him being very approachable, his willingness to listen and help others and there’s no fault in selecting bojo for a role on the SHLPA.

@aaronwilson : Getting a little bit of new blood in the SHLPA, I think Aaron is a guy I would love to have on a team like this. He might be newer to the SHL, but in the short time I’ve been his teammate, he has become a driving force in helping new members. That’s the type of attitude you’d want representing the players around the league.

That would be my top 3 for members to be a part of my SHLPA.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

(This post was last modified: 07-04-2019, 01:58 PM by chetib.)

Task 02:
If I was sitting at the CBA negotiating table I would be pushing for a review of how rules apply to Goaltenders in contrast to players. Many rules skew heavily towards players and leaves goalies on the outside looking in. Let’s face it a good goalie is worth their weight in gold and you aren’t getting to a championship without good goaltending. It’s also time players started taking a cut of revenue from overly wealthy owners/HO. SHL players deserve a cut of Hockey revenue, the lesser NHL league already involved an extensive lockout dealing with this issue but I think it is a topic that is unable to be avoided. Therefore I would put forward the motion to evenly divide the money equally with all management and players so we all benefit from the growth of our incredible skill. There are other ideas I have but most of them are incredibly self-interesting so I will bring them up at the next set of negotiations when I can rephrase them so sound like they benefit everyone.

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights