Create Account

S49 Interested Prospects Thread

Knights Knights Knights

Welcome to the Kelowna Knights! I'm the Head GM, my co-GM is @Noble . With the draft right around the corner, we're looking to add some incredible members & talent to our team for the next few seasons. Below are some questions to help us pick the right ones, feel free to answer as many as you'd like:

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before? If yes, what kind & how long? (Every sport matters)

2. What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room?

3. What sort of player are you aiming to build? (NHL comparable)

4. How long do you want to stay in the SMJHL before going up to the SHL? (2-4 seasons is normal)

5. How much of a focus do you have on doing media and/or graphics?

6. What do you think you can bring to the locker-room/team?

7. Post your favorite hockey-related photo!

8. What are your hobbies/interests outside of hockey? (gaming, other sports, music, etc.).

9. Are you actually interested in playing for the Kelowna Knights?

10. Anything else you would like us to know?

Knights Knights Knights

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before? If yes, what kind & how long? (Every sport matters)
Been here off and on for years. Commissioner/BoD member in the SBA .

2. What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room?
Being a part of a fun team with good guys

Holtby/Price like. Strong skating and good reactions

4. How long do you want to stay in the SMJHL before going up to the SHL? (2-4 seasons is normal)
It will be on the higher end due to being a goalie

I like doing draft pieces and longer articles

Consistent voice and someone that's always in the LR or Discord

[Image: img9412649.jpg]
Yzerman stepping off the last time at Rexall Place during the Oilers almost cup run

8. What are your hobbies/interests outside of hockey? (gaming, other sports, music, etc.).
Used to coach a bunch, not so much anymore. Mainly doing house projects and gaming. Stream on Twitch every now and again.

The one franchise I've wished I've played for in the past.

Not really!

@Carpy48, @sulovilen, and @Ragnar are signature gods
[Image: MaverickLegend.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]
Dragonite

No.

Winning championships 100%.

Something like a Draisaitl or Matthews or Couturier

Ideally it would be 2 seasons. When I make the SHL I want to be able to contribute. I don't mind staying back if I'm not ready to contribute.

Writing articles will be my main source of income.

I heard that you were the worst team in the SMJHL last season. If you draft me I will make it my main goal to elevate this team to a contender.

[Image: ptjxlzm20bd31.png]

Spend most of my time gaming, watching reality TV, following motorsport. I am currently bingewatching Survivor.

Yeah, draft me if you want to start winning again

I'm a weird dude

[Image: mpcR8M0.png]
player page                                                         update page

Never, this is my first.

The latter, I think.

Andrei Markov. A smooth-skating D that can contribute offense but also knows where to be in the defensive zone.

I'm fine with however long it takes.

I'd be fine with doing both, and I have a few ideas on what to do. I do have pretty extensive experience with Photoshop.

I'd like to think I'm level headed and just in it to have fun.

Saku Koivu's return from Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma which prompted a long standing ovation on April 9, 2002
[Image: mCPy97d.jpg]

Games, D&D, art

Absolutely.

Nope.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before?  If yes, what kind & how long?  (Every sport matters) 
Never

Little bit of both

Sniper/offensive forward

However long it takes

Not a lot but a bit

Positive attitude and easy to be around

[Image: 58068433_1132954120212754_45036520057557...tagram.com]
larkin with a C in the future

Gaming and sports like flag football and soccer

Yes

Nothing as of now.

Knights  Knights  Knights

No

Close-knit locker room

A Connor McDavid, Nikita Kucherov, and Sidney Crosby mix.

I'll have to find out as this is my first sim league.

None

Someone who can put the puck in the net and a social person who is easy to get along with.

[Image: MV5BZmVmNTc4MDMtN2YyYi00N2VlLTgwMTMtODQ2...68_AL_.jpg]

Hip Hop, video games.

Yes

No

Nope

Close knit locker room

Defensive playmaker, Jonathan Toews

2/3 seasons

I liked media at first, it would burn me out doing it non stop though

A fresh young face and great activity, I love talking so I'll always be around.

I play a lot of video games, mostly Fortnite, Forza, and NHL19

A hundred percent. I really like the branding and would love to be a knight.

Nope!

[Image: ws92zPV.png]
FIRST SHIFT, FIRST GAME, FIRST SHOT, FIRST GOAL
[img=0x0]https://i.ibb.co/4fx7RqP/first-goal.png[/img]

None

I'm here to win, but that doesn't mean I'm going to be picking fights or trying to cause problems with people. I want to win and I'm going to do everything I can to get there, but I'm going to do it with a team and not just by myself.

I'm looking to build a sniping goal scorer, someone who's in the right place at the right time to get pucks past the goalie. Think if Hagelin converted on more breakaways

I'm estimating between 1-3 seasons, to develop myself as much as possible with experienced SMJHL teams. 

I plan on churning out content on a weekly basis at least, to promote further growth and development for my skater. Currently I plan on supplementing my growth with written media, but am also looking into podcasts and jobs to further expand that.

I'm always willing to understand people and work with them so we can all succeed. 

Would definitely be The Save

I like reading and listening to music, as well as gaming with League, Darkest Dungeon, or Civ V. Beyond that I also play Underwater Hockey during my free time.

I have some interest, but I'm not entirely sold. The team looks like it has clear organizational goals, but I do want to help them convert to more championships for the team.

Honestly, I dig the alts a bit more than the original jerseys.

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

No, but I'm excited for some experience!

My primary focus is winning championships, but I don't think it's possible to have one without the other. A team that can't get along off the ice, won't be able to survive through a long post-season.

A goalie with a strong grasp of the fundamentals. The best goalies never need to make a flashy save. In terms of comparable, somewhere between Brodeur and Craig Anderson.

I don't want to make the jump to the SHL until I can be sure I will dominate. I expect to spend the longest allowed time in juniors (it's 5 seasons right?)

I'm not much of a graphic artist but I'll write articles to provide insight into the team dynamic.

I have a quick wit and I'm a quick study. I'm in school so I can be around for most of my waking hours.

[Image: cut.jpg]
Anderson comes back from taking a leave of absence to be with his sick wife. The night he comes back, he shuts out the Oilers. This photo reminds me of one of my favourite NHL moments.

I'm a long time DM for a group of dedicated tabletop gamers. Also, I play trombone pretty seriously.

Yes! I don't have a lot of knowledge about the league, the teams, or any history so I can't back my claim up with any stories or facts, but I can say that I will give 110% for whichever team I ultimately end up on. Let's build a contender!

Nope!

[Image: EsVSFns.png][Image: uzmDXiJ.png]
Sigs by @Carpy48 and @tweedledunn

Never before

A close locker room you want to win with

O'Reilly, Crosby, Bergeron. A center that plays a complete game and is a better passer than scorer.

About 3 seasons

I will do what I must to support my need for equipment. I don't think I'm great at either but will attempt both.

I'm more of a solid rock/supporting cast to a good scorer

[Image: D8-xU3oXYAAs53T.jpg:large]

Gaming, Softball, Fantasy Hockey, I sort of follow most major sports during playoffs

Yes. I'm wanting to play for any team that has a spot for an up and coming center.

I'll do my best to pick up all available TPE and money when I can. I just joined today and am pretty busy for a couple days with working. I hope to be built up a little more by the draft, or the week after.

[Image: jrousseau.gif]
[Image: j7ebBxQ.png] [Image: FbT2Pb1.png]
Canada Knights Canada Knights Canada

I have been apart of a few hockey fantasy sports teams over the years. Also gm connected in ea sports nhl when it was still a thing... rip

porqué no los dos? I want to win enough championships that the team would be a dynasty but i dont want to do it with a team of people that doesnt click together.

I am looking for someone like a mix of kris letang and brent burns. A defenseman who is elite on both sides of the ice. Although im looking more to be a shooter/ play maker rather than a big hitter or fighter.

As long as it takes until im ready for the shl. Id prefer that to take 2 seasons but if i need longer to fully develop before tearing it up in the smjhl then ill stay as long as needed.

Graphics not so much but media is half the fun of a sim. 

A leader who can be a mentor for any players to come. Along with a consistently top defenseman in the league, someone who can be friends with everyone in the lockers but will do everything to win

[Image: Phil-Kessel-Hot-Dog-e1465818672932.jpg]

I mainly am into gaming, nhl 2019 hype. Although i am really into music and a  wannaguitarist

Extremely, i have noticed this team has number 1 overall pick and id love to be the draft pick to help bring the team around

Hmmm not that i know of

[Image: yDWryxO.png]

(Player Updates)   (Player Page)
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2019, 03:13 PM by OrbitingDeath.)

Yes, since 2012

Why not both?

Ryan O'Reilly style

Short as possible, the SHL is my goal

Depends when there are double payment weeks, but I have some spare cash in bank.

A player who played for both rivals of Kelowna, the firebirds and the whalers.

[Image: 61kYK7%2Bhz8L._SX425_.jpg]

Gaming, other sports, music, series, movies, my kids

No idea, I would be lying if i knew anything about how the team currently is, but this count for every team.
Not my first choice though.

Nope, not really

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before? If yes, what kind & how long? This is my first simulation league

I want to avoid a toxic environment of course but winning is most important 

Trying to build a Pavel Bure type player

I imagine staying for 2-3 seasons but I'll stay longer if it will benefit me

None at this time. Might get into that as I get more comfortable with the league

I can bring an even keeled personality along with a desire to improve my player and help win some championships
Patrice Bergeron series winning goal

8. What are your hobbies/interests outside of hockey? 
I do a lot of gaming. I'm also recently married so I spend a lot of time trying to make my wife happy

Heck yes! 

Nothing that I can think of but I'm open to questions 

None

I would say both.  I want to win a championship with a team that was bonded together where every victory was intense and every loss was a call to figure out where we needed to improve to lead us to victory.

A sure footed LW who isn't afraid to drive to the net to score.  Starting off as a shoot first pass second player who develops into a little more awareness and passing knowledge to round out my skills.

About 3 seasons.

I have more skill in writing than graphic design.

An earnest willingness to improve my game and become a better player to help out the team.  Good discussions on tv shows and board games as well in a more social setting.

Tried to find a picture of the Lightning getting swept this season where they were all so defeated after game 4.  It was a good reminder that all teams are mortal.

Video and board gaming, cooking, baking, Heavy Metal music of different varieties, and more hockey

You betcha!

I am pretty new to SHL so I am still learning the website and want to learn more

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]

No.

Both is good, but winning without building fun relationships isn't my idea of a good time

Hard-working grinding winger with scoring hands. I'm drawing a blank but I guess think if Crosby was on the wing and had a little more shoot-first mentality.

I'm new to this - as long as needed.

Writing would be my strong suite.

New guy hoping to bring some energy

[Image: Phil+Kessel+USA+Hockey+Olympic+Portraits...tzd_rl.jpg]

Gaming, saltwater/reef aquarium, electronics, working on my house

I'm new here, don't have any bias for any teams. If it's a good environment with cool people and I get some decent experience and playing time, sure!

RIP Phil Kessel :( (I'm a Pens fan)