Create Account

Head Office Rule Updates
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2019, 07:32 PM by Eggy216.)

Two minor tweaks to the SHL rulebook section III, regarding the SHL Head Office.

The first is the removal of the term limits on head office members. This is something that was discussed a while back between myself and Leafs (although admittedly Leafs had told me I should get rid of it multiple times before that anyway), and recently I brought up with Dangles and we've decided it makes the most sense to strike this part of the rulebook.

The idea of the rule when I first put it in the rulebook was twofold - one, that I wanted to stick to the original new head office structure that bojo had developed as much as possible despite getting rid of voting. Second, I honestly wasn't sure if people would be willing to leave when they were no longer able to continue, or if I would be able/willing to turn down people re-applying, and this was a good excuse if that ended up being an issue. Just over two years in to my commissioner-ship I can say that neither of these has been the case (in fact there has been at least one change, if not two, in every pool of applicants). We feel comfortable that changing this rule won't cause any issues with stagnation moving forward, and if it does we can re-evaluate down the line.

The second is to make the SMJHL representative a more official role in the SHL Head Office. Both head offices have had the commissioner of the other league present in their head office's discord for a long while now as a non-voting voice, but there was never really any official designation made. Seeing as I had some complaints from SHL GMs about the SMJHL Commissioner being an SHL GM and thus having access to the SHL Head Office, I'm going to make a minor change here as well.

Moving forward, the SMJHL Commissioner can choose to appoint someone other than themself as the representative to the SHL Head Office if they so choose, however the representative to the SHL Head Office cannot also be an SHL GM.

This was also discussed with Dangles, and will be added to the rulebook. This both allows an SHL GM to become the SMJHL Commissioner, but also doesn't raise the same issue that some of the other GMs had with the situation.

(Speaking of the SMJHL commissioner job, it's currently open for applications).

Semi-related, SHL Head Office Applications will open tonight as well.

Best,

Eggy

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

good changes all around!

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

Fuck now I'm trapped

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page