Create Account

Brainstorming ways to earn additional TPE

09-04-2019, 02:59 PMスウェグキング Wrote: We need less tpe, not more

Or a harsher scale

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

09-04-2019, 03:36 PMml002 Wrote:

Or a harsher scale

players should be able to play forever, it's like the real thing

09-04-2019, 03:36 PMml002 Wrote:

Or a harsher scale

Yup

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

09-04-2019, 12:28 PMligma Wrote: we should be able to suck people off for TPE imo

@Eggy216 lets go, 10 TPE for me please

This is the best alert I've ever gotten

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

I think everyone should get some TPE for their birthday each year

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

It's my birthday

[Image: urawa4.jpg]
Special thanks to @Sleepy for the signature

09-04-2019, 10:07 PMuhh Wrote: It's my birthday

Mine too. Or well technically not anymore because its past midnight in Sweden.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

I lied and now I feel bad. Happy birthday though

09-04-2019, 11:49 PMuhh Wrote: I lied and now I feel bad. Happy birthday though

Lying about birthdays? I'll have to add this to my scouting report... Wink

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

The long and short of it, honestly, is no matter how much you put on the table the "TPE whores" will always collect more than even some very dedicated users. Hell, I won a Littleton with my last player but didn't even make it to 2k TPE. Creating more TPE opportunities is more likely to widen the gap than close it unless you make it something that is a crapshoot - at which point, what are we rewarding? Dumb luck?

Just as an example ... yes, S31 was an insanely active Reddit class, but it's probably not a coincidence that out of 17 players to reach 2,000 TPE in their careers, five of them came from that class when there was a two-three season window early in their careers where there was effectively 15 extra TPE on the table each season because Clardy decided everyone should be able to do SMJHL Post-Game Shows. Most people hated PGS enough from their rookie years to not even bother with it (Hi!), but the Hungry Hungry Hippos jumped all over it.

Freaking Clardy.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

Lots of good discussion both ways in this thread.

I just want to be clear that I'm talking about pretty minor things. Like, an additional 1-2 TPE every couple of weeks, possibly given out for some kind of competition (for example, what if the player development leads awarded 1 TPE at their discretion to the top 3 PTs of the week?)

This could really add up over time, and it would give people a chance to close the gap in TPE through making quality contributions to the site, without making a huge impact or skewing the balance too much.

09-05-2019, 08:06 PMuhh Wrote: Lots of good discussion both ways in this thread.

I just want to be clear that I'm talking about pretty minor things. Like, an additional 1-2 TPE every couple of weeks, possibly given out for some kind of competition (for example, what if the player development leads awarded 1 TPE at their discretion to the top 3 PTs of the week?)

This could really add up over time, and it would give people a chance to close the gap in TPE through making quality contributions to the site, without making a huge impact or skewing the balance too much.

I like the idea of it being based on quality in some sort of competition. Incentivize players to go that extra mile. Even if it's only for 1 or 2 TPE, that's still a good enough carrot to increase participation IMO.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno