Create Account

SHL Central Scouting
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2019, 04:50 PM by ml002.)

Do you love drafts? Love analyzing trades, rosters, draft picks, etc?

I know I love drafts. I listen to a bunch of podcasts IRL about basically every major sports' draft and feel like the SHL could use a centralized base of people who are draft focused similar to the NHL, NFL, and NBA all have in their media communities. So that's where my idea for the SHL Central Scouting comes in. To be clear, we aren't going to be directly linked to the SHL HO, so this won't be salaried outside of what you write and what is created, but I think if we centralize the data that people create and use, we can create even better content, and come up with more unique content to post in the media section that we might not get right now.

So what are the goals of SHL Central Scouting?

- To create a pseudo database of SHL prospects for each draft class
- To offer creative ideas that can be used by any members to create unique draft content
- To offer a community of draft-centric people who want to work together to create great content for the SHL Media
- To operate SHL Draft Streams that can offer insight and analysis of each SHL draft by using the overall prospect analysis we create as a community

What are some of the ideas for Central Scouting that we don't get right now?

- A proper draft stream similar to what you get with irl draft broadcasts with (hopefully) consistent voices from draft to draft to offer insight for those who aren't as tuned into the league and teams individually
- Community mock drafts (users getting to be mock GMs and get to make picks for said team)
- More in-depth articles about draft classes, mock drafts with more knowledge about team needs, etc
- Draft-centric weekly podcasts that analyze the draft class week to week, interviewing GMs and prospects

To be clear tho, I don't want to leak picks and what not. That's not the goal of this group. And no this isn't me trying to make regular users do my job of scouting as a GM for me, I'm actually using my scouting (to a degree not all of it) as a resource for others cause I want to see the best media possible.

If you want access to a bunch of resources, draft loving people, and memes about this dumb league then message me here on site or on discord for an invite to the discord and I'll get you in the fold

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

Convenient of you to suggest a centralized scouting database when you’re neck deep in a rebuild

I see through ur shit ml

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

I'm in

[Image: Klaus2.jpg]

09-20-2019, 04:51 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Convenient of you to suggest a centralized scouting database when you’re neck deep in a rebuild

I see through ur shit ml

heck off

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

09-20-2019, 04:53 PMml002 Wrote:
09-20-2019, 04:51 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Convenient of you to suggest a centralized scouting database when you’re neck deep in a rebuild

I see through ur shit ml

heck off
nou

inb4 I write a 10,000 word article about why @Jepox is the worst S45 draftee

[Image: Klaus2.jpg]

I love the idea.

Should be convenient for a team like Buffalo who needs a rebuild.

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies

I’m highly intrigued, would love to hear more

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

I really wish the SHL had more “SHL news” to report on. An official group that can post about rumors and run draft analysis during the offseason. It would really add to the role playing aspect of the league.

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ

09-20-2019, 05:01 PMgordieboom Wrote: I love the idea.

Undecided

yo i fucking love this idea and would totally be willing to help

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

09-20-2019, 05:47 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
09-20-2019, 05:01 PMgordieboom Wrote: I love the idea.

Undecided

rebuild me daddy

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

hi yes

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]