Create Account

HAM Punishment and Ruling on Draftee Signings
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2021, 12:10 AM by Symmetrik.)

08-21-2021, 12:09 AMPatty Wrote:
08-21-2021, 12:06 AMSymmetrik Wrote: Ok, how does Hamilton not even lose GM pay for missing the deadline. That's been a standard punishment for several seasons now for GM errors.
[Image: unknown.png]

have i just been hacked

that was really weird it was just a giant text string

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2021, 12:17 AM by Patty.)

08-21-2021, 12:10 AMSymmetrik Wrote:
08-21-2021, 12:09 AMPatty Wrote: [Image: unknown.png]

have i just been hacked

not my best copy paste work.

most of the punishments you can get for certain infractions are laid out in the rulebook.

i didn't even get the right section rip

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]

08-21-2021, 12:01 AMfishy Wrote:
08-20-2021, 11:51 PMSlashACM Wrote: There was one cheating incident that was aptly punished don't really know what your point is

I mean if you want to get specific: One incident where the punishment had to be updated bc further investigation revealed additional cheating, a completely new rule had to be made up courtesy of NOLAs S55 G7 lines, and a couple more GM-specific punishments

So the one incident is the same incident it was just for two games, that was a mistake by me and me alone. S55 G7 is linked to an earlier preseason incident involving Chicago's lines so it's hard to pin that on Nola

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

08-20-2021, 11:48 PMThelastheraclid Wrote:
08-20-2021, 11:38 PMPythonic Wrote: oh also, thread team

Joseph Weston-Alexander Roach-Karl Krashwagen
Jack Kanoff-Esa Parmborg-Burlok Sulfurgold
Ryu Jones-Bobby Lane-Nat Emerson

Vili Tuga’tūga’bo’atu-Finn von Murphenstein
Jannik Nordstern-Granny PanPan
Rotticus Scott-Valtterri Kauppinen

Cale Amundsen

Sadly, there were not enough dmen for the thread team :(

so i decided to reunite two lovers Smile

oh snap my first ever thread team!

This punishment is still bullshit
wait fr?

i'm glad my noob ass could make u apart of ur first thread team

[Image: Pythonic.gif] [Image: Championship_Sig.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png] [Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]

08-20-2021, 11:51 PMSlashACM Wrote:
08-20-2021, 11:13 PMfishy Wrote: To Joe specifically, let’s get off your high horse. NOLA is not exactly the standard for a team with strong morals and good values or have we already forgotten your cheating incidents in the playoffs in the mid S50s?

There was one cheating incident that was aptly punished don't really know what your point is
what'd you do

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

08-21-2021, 12:13 AMPatty Wrote:
08-21-2021, 12:10 AMSymmetrik Wrote: have i just been hacked

most of the punishments you can get for certain infractions are laid out in the rulebook.

wait i though the rulebook was not the way to go and i should only go with my interpretation of it

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

08-21-2021, 12:05 AMroastpuff Wrote:
08-20-2021, 11:38 PMPythonic Wrote: oh also, thread team

Joseph Weston-Alexander Roach-Karl Krashwagen
Jack Kanoff-Esa Parmborg-Burlok Sulfurgold
Ryu Jones-Bobby Lane-Nat Emerson

Vili Tuga’tūga’bo’atu-Finn von Murphenstein
Jannik Nordstern-Granny PanPan
Rotticus Scott-Valtterri Kauppinen

Cale Amundsen

Sadly, there were not enough dmen for the thread team :(

so i decided to reunite two lovers Smile

Wow rude. I was right here in this thread.
u sure as hell weren't when i made the team Smile

08-21-2021, 12:16 AMToeDragon84 Wrote:
08-20-2021, 11:51 PMSlashACM Wrote: There was one cheating incident that was aptly punished don't really know what your point is
what'd you do

3rd line wit no C baybeee

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

08-21-2021, 12:16 AMToeDragon84 Wrote:
what'd you do
your mom

08-21-2021, 12:00 AMToast Wrote:
08-20-2021, 09:11 PMLeafs4ever Wrote: ‘Bout what?

This is what I want to learn more about:

1) Why did the owner group feel such urgency to step in and takeover this process?

2) Why did the owner group decide on this specific decision considering how harsh other decisions have been (if opting for "HO decided those" then why did owner group not step in then?)?

3) When deciding the 2nd round punishment did you think to take even two minutes to check when Hamilton's next 2nd is? You understand this punishes future GMs rather than those responsible, right?

4) Why do you feel deadlines don't matter in this situation? Kluster presented a very good case earlier in this thread. Should we assume deadlines are not deadlines now?

5) Why is there no appeal to ridiculous owner group (that of which has two active members) decisions?

1. We just felt time was of the essence in this situation.
2. Punishment was based off a prior punishment related to missed GM tasks, but added on the probation and went from 1 day late to 3 days late because there were 3 prospects.
3. There was discussion about their 2nd being so late, yes. I'm not sure how to respond to the second part. What if the current GMs are still GMs by that time?
4. They signed their prospects before the deadline, that was more important. The reason for the rule in the first place was to stop GMs from hording players. It's very clear that wasn't the case here.
5. Again, not really sure how to answer this one either. However, Nour and Luke are the leaders of this league. If they don't like how this played out they are free to change it to something else.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

08-21-2021, 12:13 AMPatty Wrote:
08-21-2021, 12:10 AMSymmetrik Wrote: have i just been hacked

but like even look at the thread before this one, is people not paying their players, which posting contracts for payment is a GM task, no? Missing regression (like the manhattan punishment on the first page) would be late for regression right? but they were fined, didn't follow the pick rule.

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

@DrunkenTeddysmall potatoes

[Image: zayn.png?ex=65e9b101&is=65d73c01&hm=c0f0...y=lossless]
Kyle Sux Lmap

08-21-2021, 12:09 AMnour Wrote:
08-21-2021, 12:00 AMZoone16 Wrote: Considering one of the prospects in question was Nour's very own recreate, isn't that a massive conflict of interest? Did he recuse himself from this?

[Image: image0.png]

Looks photoshopped

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2021, 12:32 AM by spooked.)

08-21-2021, 12:23 AMSymmetrik Wrote:
08-21-2021, 12:13 AMPatty Wrote: not my best copy paste work.

but like even look at the thread before this one, is people not paying their players, which posting contracts for payment is a GM task, no? Missing regression (like the manhattan punishment on the first page) would be late for regression right? but they were fined, didn't follow the pick rule.

Late Task rules are awkward to apply because they usually imply something was missed in whole (no portion was completed, which is why after 5 days they get fired), which is almost never the case. So the punishments are usually discussed based on what is in the rules as well as what has been most similar in the past as a precedent. We usually review past punishments to make sure we are in line with what has been done in the past.

Wow, the vets told me that ham wouldn’t be punished at all, and I thought they were all cynical. But turns out they were correct. As someone that had zero dog in this fight I’m disgusted with this outcome. Why do I even try in this league if this is how things are handled. Fuck this

[Image: d2EaZfr.png]
Former Player