Create Account

HAM Punishment and Ruling on Draftee Signings

08-20-2021, 11:47 PMCementHands Wrote:
08-20-2021, 11:35 PMfishy Wrote: I’m not saying the decision isn’t infallible, I’m just saying if you’ve interacted w Teddy at all you know he’s not the type of individual to let personal biases influence an owners decision. Again, I also don’t think it was the right severity of punishment, but to come in here and say shit like Mr Steelhawk himself had to come save his team and shit is just plain dumb.

Regarding Leafs response, That’s also not exactly a Teddy issue, and I think JYs response to Leafs was well put and well said and I, like everyone else, look forward to his response.

So if you read what I said you would take what I said a bit differently. I am not saying he’s maliscious in intent at all. Anyone who has spent 5 minutes with teddy would know this. He is the blood of this fucking league for god sakes. I’m saying this is way overstepping not even letting Head Office do their job. They could have prepped this post and dropped it after, but they didn’t.

Sorry, am reading everything in a negative tone atm. Yeah, I agree I think they overstepped, and I think it’s fair to criticize the decision, I was moreso trying to call out the users criticizing the individual rather than the decision. We’re on the same page here

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2021, 11:53 PM by SlashACM.)

08-20-2021, 11:13 PMfishy Wrote: To Joe specifically, let’s get off your high horse. NOLA is not exactly the standard for a team with strong morals and good values or have we already forgotten your cheating incidents in the playoffs in the mid S50s?

There was one cheating incident that was aptly punished don't really know what your point is

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

I'm genuinely not sure what you all want me to say. Teddy told you we ran, basically, an expedited appeals process and changed the decision. Did you all think I would come in and say I don't agree with Teddy? Teddy offered to post the decision and explained our reasoning. I'm being genuine, what do you need to hear from me?

First, I thought the actual rule in play here was unneeded. Second, what Hamilton did was so very clearly not against what the spirit of the rule was about. Teams needed to agree to terms on a contract 24 hours before GM tasks were due. They had agreements in place, that to me is the biggest factor. They weren't leaving them unsigned to horde them, they got lazy and forgot to post the signing thread, they were an hour late. I said this to HO, I'm baffled that people, GMs especially, seem to not care about DM contract agreements. That has always been the precedent in this league. How is it fair to send those 3 players to a bidding process when they had already agreed to terms with the team that drafted them?

This is not the first time a punishment has been reduced. The only difference was we sped up the process because time called for it. We've had appeals before that changed HO's decision, why didn't anyone come out then and scream at us for undermining them?

We've had an appeals committee before, several different iterations of them. Each time the committee has been disbanded because of the league trashing them for every decision and crying bias on every ruling. We kept trying and it was the same thing every time.

I've said this to every commissioner we've ever had. You hold the ultimate power in this league. If you don't like something, change it. Nour and Luke have the option to change whatever they want if they don't like how this process played out. As an "owner" of this league, I've always just been there for support and to offer advice whenever I can.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2021, 12:02 AM by Toast.)

08-20-2021, 09:11 PMLeafs4ever Wrote:
08-20-2021, 09:02 PMToast Wrote: Would love to hear your thoughts @Leafs4ever

‘Bout what?

This is what I want to learn more about:

1) Why did the owner group feel such urgency to step in and takeover this process?

2) Why did the owner group decide on this specific decision considering how harsh other decisions have been (if opting for "HO decided those" then why did owner group not step in then?)?

3) When deciding the 2nd round punishment did you think to take even two minutes to check when Hamilton's next 2nd is? You understand this punishes future GMs rather than those responsible, right?

4) Why do you feel deadlines don't matter in this situation? Kluster presented a very good case earlier in this thread. Should we assume deadlines are not deadlines now?

5) Why is there no appeal to ridiculous owner group (that of which has two active members) decisions?

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

The rule against trading the same pick twice is unneeded if HO catches it before it's posted. We shouldn't punish for that then either

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

08-20-2021, 11:57 PMLeafs4ever Wrote: I'm genuinely not sure what you all want me to say. Teddy told you we ran, basically, an expedited appeals process and changed the decision. Did you all think I would come in and say I don't agree with Teddy? Teddy offered to post the decision and explained our reasoning. I'm being genuine, what do you need to hear from me?

First, I thought the actual rule in play here was unneeded. Second, what Hamilton did was so very clearly not against what the spirit of the rule was about. Teams needed to agree to terms on a contract 24 hours before GM tasks were due. They had agreements in place, that to me is the biggest factor. They weren't leaving them unsigned to horde them, they got lazy and forgot to post the signing thread, they were an hour late. I said this to HO, I'm baffled that people, GMs especially, seem to not care about DM contract agreements. That has always been the precedent in this league. How is it fair to send those 3 players to a bidding process when they had already agreed to terms with the team that drafted them?

This is not the first time a punishment has been reduced. The only difference was we sped up the process because time called for it. We've had appeals before that changed HO's decision, why didn't anyone come out then and scream at us for undermining them?

We've had an appeals committee before, several different iterations of them. Each time the committee has been disbanded because of the league trashing them for every decision and crying bias on every ruling. We kept trying and it was the same thing every time.

I've said this to every commissioner we've ever had. You hold the ultimate power in this league. If you don't like something, change it. Nour and Luke have the option to change whatever they want if they don't like how this process played out. As an "owner" of this league, I've always just been there for support and to offer advice whenever I can.

Considering one of the prospects in question was Nour's very own recreate, isn't that a massive conflict of interest? Did he recuse himself from this?

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

08-20-2021, 11:51 PMSlashACM Wrote:
08-20-2021, 11:13 PMfishy Wrote: To Joe specifically, let’s get off your high horse. NOLA is not exactly the standard for a team with strong morals and good values or have we already forgotten your cheating incidents in the playoffs in the mid S50s?

There was one cheating incident that was aptly punished don't really know what your point is

I mean if you want to get specific: One incident where the punishment had to be updated bc further investigation revealed additional cheating, a completely new rule had to be made up courtesy of NOLAs S55 G7 lines, and a couple more GM-specific punishments

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

08-21-2021, 12:00 AMZoone16 Wrote:
08-20-2021, 11:57 PMLeafs4ever Wrote: I'm genuinely not sure what you all want me to say. Teddy told you we ran, basically, an expedited appeals process and changed the decision. Did you all think I would come in and say I don't agree with Teddy? Teddy offered to post the decision and explained our reasoning. I'm being genuine, what do you need to hear from me?

Considering one of the prospects in question was Nour's very own recreate, isn't that a massive conflict of interest? Did he recuse himself from this?

Just popping in to say yes, nour explicitly stated he would recuse himself when this started to catch fire

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2021, 12:03 AM by spooked.)

Yes, as always. Luke was essentially acting for this discussion.
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2021, 12:05 AM by Evok.)

hamilton seasonal budget say they had no room :think: did someone bail them out of their fine yet ? are they gonna get fired if they cant do it since they are on probation ? hmmmmm

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

08-20-2021, 11:38 PMPythonic Wrote: oh also, thread team

Joseph Weston-Alexander Roach-Karl Krashwagen
Jack Kanoff-Esa Parmborg-Burlok Sulfurgold
Ryu Jones-Bobby Lane-Nat Emerson

Vili Tuga’tūga’bo’atu-Finn von Murphenstein
Jannik Nordstern-Granny PanPan
Rotticus Scott-Valtterri Kauppinen

Cale Amundsen

Sadly, there were not enough dmen for the thread team :(

so i decided to reunite two lovers Smile

Wow rude. I was right here in this thread.

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

Ok, how does Hamilton not even lose GM pay for missing the deadline. That's been a standard punishment for several seasons now for GM errors.

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2021, 12:09 AM by Patty.)

08-21-2021, 12:06 AMSymmetrik Wrote: Ok, how does Hamilton not even lose GM pay for missing the deadline. That's been a standard punishment for several seasons now for GM errors.

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]

[Image: image0.png]

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

nour specifically mentioned he was stepping out of talks

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]