Create Account

S57 PT #5 - 2022

Fast forwarding one more year, the Calgary Dragons will be the best team of the Western Conference. I am a firm believer of a top tier management combo can make an average roster elite. However, Calgary’s roster in a year from now should be much better than average. With Mats Marner leading the way for the new generation of Dragons, and the supporting crew of Daddy (lol), Rose, Lilja and Amundsen all being top tier stars in a year from now. A year from now calendar year wise is also just a few seasons, so the players the Dragons have in their prime right now should still be able to go strong with the now breed of Dragons. Calgary will always be a contender thanks to Esa and his management help, but if the roster continues to develop at a rapid pace, there is no reason why the Dragons can’t be at the top of the mountain in a year.

[Image: 53381_s.gif]

[Image: 49370_s.gif]

[Image: uKp7Piy.png]

Code:
1. Team Canada , Benjamin Wong 1 (Jay McDonald) at 8:49
first ever Canadian Olympic goal

It seems this PT attracts homerism... So here's my attempt at a level-headed analysis.

Let's start with the Eastern Conference. The Great Lakes division should be theoretically dictated around by the Toronto North Stars. While the three other teams have shown that their GMs are some of the best in the business, it'll only be a just return of the pendulum, seeing as their core is edging to explode around S60, with veterans Harry Carpet, Bobby Lane, Adam Barron and Mika Kandinsky leading their crop of young guns. I feel like Buffalo may be the team that starts getting eked out of the playoffs around that time, but it's still going to be a hell of a trip to watch that division. Meanwhile, in the Atlantic, a showdown seems to be in motion between the Tampa Bay Barracuda and the New England Wolfpack - while not forgetting the Baltimore Platoon, and possibly the Atlanta Inferno, clawing it out in an all-out brawl for a playoff spot. Expect a lot of competitiveness coming from that division at the turn of the 60s, minus Manhattan, who will most probably be undergoing a rebuild by that time.

In the Western Conference, the Northwest division is shaping up to be a literal bloodbath. Calgary doesn't know what a rebuild is, and will probably Dorian Grey their way into relevancy every season. Edmonton is drafting carefully to ease the transition into a new era. Winnipeg, Minnesota and Seattle all look to be peaking at exactly the same time. If you thought the Great Lakes were bad when there was 4 teams - imagine Great Lakes : 5 Teams Edition. I'm already anticipating the nightmares of trying to find an edge in this roughly contested division. Over on the Southwest side, Texas will be on the tail end of their Cup window, but still competitive enough to battle for first position, while the San Francisco Pride will be starting to see the winds of change around S62, and start competing then. Los Angeles and New Orleans will be duking it out for the 3rd playoff spot in the division, and I'm giving a small edge to the Panthers, as they have some interesting pieces coming up in the next few seasons.

(381 words)

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

By s62 tampa will be on there 3rd straight cup final with everyone pissed about how good they are. The league really will recognize what's really good and fear the cuda. Tom fiddler will win best defensive player by crushing the opposition with stick checks and good reads. Michael fitted will be drunk every game yelling duck the penaltys. Dwight knight will screen over 400 goals and get credited with none a true team guy. Many more will join the cuda as they smash the shl establishment and take what is rightfully theres the challenge cup. Some will cry some will fall but many will feel the wrath if the barracuda. It's not far off folks it's right around the corner and those worried should stay worried because damn its gonna be scary mary. That's all from me folks ve prepared for what's on the horozion things are gonna be bleak for other teams.

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

If I had to guess, in S63-65, we would see some familiar contenders. Buffalo and Hamilton are both well managed teams that will probably contend until they run into some shitty luck. In the west, Texas should continue their dominance through this time, as their core is tightly bunched and should be excellent still. In terms of new contenders, Toronto is a lock to be scary then, as all their core will be peak or close to it. Teams like New England and Seattle who had big draft classes the last few should be coming into form, and NOLA might be on the verge of contending. Some teams seem to be stuck in the middle, and I think teams like Chicago and Calgary will be in full on rebuild mode. In terms of individual stars, I think the S53 class is going to be dominating. Players like Ed Williams for Texas and Steve harrington for buffalo should put up the points. Hopefully Reid Sutherland is awesome by then too.

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]

A year from now I predict that there will be much more parity in the Simulation Hockey League. Teams will overall be much more competitive and you'll see less divide between the top and the bottom teams. As for the teams who will be competing, there's a few that stand out in my opinion. The Atlanta Inferno will be a very competitive team with plenty of talent heading into S62. Prospects such as Michael Withecheck and Pablo Salvatici will be entering their primes and adding to an already solid core that will help push them over the edge. Tampa Bay will also be a top team as their rebuild will be coming to fruition and their many prospects will be entering their primes and helping them compete with the other juggernauts of the east. Hamilton and Buffalo will also probably find ways to stay competitive. As for the western conference you should see teams like Texas and Winnipeg at the top of the standings. This could all be completely wrong but for the sake of my TPE I'm saying that this is a great prediction.

185 words

[Image: Jepox.gif]

In a full year from now the team that will be at the top of the league will be Buffalo Stampede. We have seen it for a long time that no matter what teams look like they could be after a rebuild, the top dogs are usually always going to be there to compete. I think Buffalo, with Tomen and WBF have proven enough that they are probably the most solid management in terms of getting the right things done at the right time in order to keep their team near the top. In a full year from now I could see a lot of teams get better and a lot get worse, but I cannot see any future where Buffalo is not competing for a cup still honestly. If they continue to put the effort in and make smart decisions to keep things rolling, they will still be at or near the top going for more silverware. 158

[Image: wF6EdUB.png]

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2021, 11:11 PM by hewasajazzman.)

i went ahead and looked into every teams current roster, not including prospects who are still in the J, just to see what kind of core they would have at the s63 mark... should those players stick around and continue to earn tpe. i strictly looked at players who were drafted in s53 and on simply because they have the potential to be at their best and those players should obviously lead their respective teams around the time in question. quite a few teams look like they could be pretty well off in the future in terms of volume of younger players and those player's earnings. TEX looks to be alright with a handful of solid youngsters. BAP seems to be worth mentioning since they have the biggest number of young players (8), though some of the tpe is lacking. TBB gets a shout out for having strong numbers and solid tpe counts. the team that id say stuck out the most to me would be BUF though. they have 5 or so young guys who are decently high earning tpe wise. thats enough for me to think... if these guys stick around, BUF is gonna be a hell of a team in s63.

i think that the texas renegades will be in their prime cause thats about when all of their big draft picks will be playing their best hockey and thats a lot of talent that you cant really ignore. I would be very surprised to see the renegades go cupless the next 10 seasons im sure we will see one soon enough. there is always tough competition from big teams like hamilton, buffalo, calgary, and edmonton who have been consistent the past 10 seasons, but it seems like it is time for them to take a back seat to some new titans of the SHL. you cant be on top forever although edmonton and calgary have certainly tried with many cups between them. another team i can see being good is toronto but unfortunately it will always be tough to break through that great wall of lakes that is keeping the man down. atlanta and seattle probably be around soon too.

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

Based on current projections and assuming we get 5 seasons out of this calendar year, I think trying to predict what team will be the best team in the SHL is very easy. I would be shocked if we aren't talking about how the Tampa Bay Barracuda are the team to beat in the SHL. Tampa Bay has spent the first few seasons of the FHM era committing to a full rebuild and now we're starting to see the fruits of it. They've amassed a ridiculous amount of prospects who are some of the top earners of their class. As they progress the next couple seasons and other teams regress, they should naturally move up the charts. Even their current top players like Michael Fitted and Tom Fiddler are going to be in the age range where they are extremely useful players as the youth starts taking over. Full marks to Trella for the program he has built. As we turn to 2022, they will be the team to beat.

Code:
170 words

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

[Image: jASyR90.png]

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

S63 ATL is gonna be GOATed. Two of the best GMs the site has ever seen. All the prospects they have are gonna be nicely developed and they are gonna consistently hit with who they draft. It's no secret that the meta is to never scout and only draft prospects that used to play for the organization and just trade future picks for prospects you think will be good (aka the Hamilton Strat). Well ATL is gonna be drafting everything that they took in the expansion that has since retired and you just know that they will all be max earners. And since ATL has the best branding everyone will want to reward the organization and max earn so S63, S64, and S65 they will win the cup. Such a superior organization will have no difficulty tempting FA's to sign with them as well. They are gonna be so tough to play against. The Western conference currently and in the future will have nothing against the East.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

[Image: HTB1-TSvf-XJHO8-KJj-SZFtq6-Ahf-XXa6.jpg]

[Image: 47052_s.gif]
[Image: 3NfeQdx.png]
[Image: rwzgzyB.png]
[Image: ju78wnC.png]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

They're already on the cusp of being a top contender, but in six seasons I think Texas will be the top team or at least one of them. They've built up an amazing group of players over the past several seasons and should be in their prime near mid to late 2021. They're poised to be a top team in the West, and the league for a long time. They're my favourites for this PT by far. I think they have a good shot at back to back cups in the mid S60s. Hamilton and Chicago will fall off by then with their current prospects, but Buffalo will still be good and Toronto will finally be able to make the playoffs and be a strong contender. Baltimore and Tampa Bay will be coming into form, but I think they'll be in the same spot as Texas is today. A strong team but still needs to grow another couple of seasons before they're in their prime.

[Image: jrousseau.gif]
[Image: j7ebBxQ.png] [Image: FbT2Pb1.png]
Canada Knights Canada Knights Canada

Going to go for the complete homer answer and say that San Francisco will be in a great place at this time. At this time, we will have three users on our roster that would be close to or having just begun their regression. Namely Henrik Lekberg Osterman, Alex Petrenko and Sven Svenson. The rest of the team will be peaking around this time, giving the team a great window of opportunity to really make the most of the early to mid 60s. So far, the drafting has been great for us and even though we have made a couple of misses, there have been some absolute homeruns and considering we were missing our first round pick for one of these drafts I feel very happy with the results. With the additions we will be making in this draft, I have no doubt that SFP will have the resources and players to really be one of the top contending teams in a years time.

Other than SFP I think Toronto have really set themselves up to be a fantastic team once that division of theirs cools down a bit and they have some incredible prospects to boot. They look to me like a powerhouse in the making. I would say the same for New England. Kenvald and Zema have done an amazing job the last couple of seasons and I think that team is going to be one of the best, if not THE best, team in the league in about a years time.

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]