Create Account

It was fun ride - Post-season interview with Janis Lux

Great Falls Grizzlies has ended their second season in SMJHL with some bad taste. They lost in play-off first round to Nevada. This season showed that Grizzlies need to improve a lot in all the lines. After this season Grizzlies GMs will have massive headache, because they will need to replace few players who will leave and go to SHL. One of these players is Janis Lux who spent last two seasons in Grizzlies. We sat down with Janis after Grizzlies returned home from Nevada. We talked about his SMJHL journey and looked little bit in future too.

Jean-Pierre Bear: Welcome Janis. Thanks for this interview.

Janis Lux: Sure, no problem

Jean-Pierre Bear: Season ended quicker than anybody here in Great Falls have thought. Was that the same feeling in locker room?

Janis Lux: Definitely. After fourth game we sat in locker room in silence. It was tough because not only fans but we believed that we can achieve much more, but we failed so yeah it was rough.

Jean-Pierre Bear: What happened in play-offs? 0-4 is not what we expected.

Janis Lux: Trust me 0-4 is something no one expects. It was just that we did not play our best game all series long.

Jean-Pierre Bear: If you look at the stats, Grizzlies had good offence and defence all season long.

Janis Lux: In play-offs game is much, much more different comparing to regular season. All season long team can win all, but in play-offs they will lose in first round. It is mentality. Nevada just wanted it more than us. We were poor all series long. We just could not get it together.

Jean-Pierre Bear: It looks like your own season was not that good either.

Janis Lux: Yes and no. Stats wise it was terrible season, but then again I enjoyed every game because I knew that this will be my last season not only in Great Falls but overall in league.

Jean-Pierre Bear: Yes, after this season you will go to Calgary to make your SHL debut. How important was for you this season?

Janis Lux: Although I enjoyed this season when I was on ice, off the ice it was pretty tough. Because with one leg I was in SHL already but with other I was still in SMJHL. And this mix caused me to loose my focus this season. So I will say that this was suppose to be important season for me but I blow it.

Jean-Pierre Bear: Lets talk about you SMJHL career. Overall how your career has been?

Janis Lux: Always could be better. Overall it was fun ride. Had been some tough moments but somehow I managed to go forward and achieve my goals.

Jean-Pierre Bear: One of your toughest moments was switching from Anchorage to Great Falls. When you look back at it, how that switch affected your career?

Janis Lux: Actually it was pretty tough, because three seasons in Anchorage was not that great but then again Anchorage was my home and I enjoyed my time there. And going into my fourth and possibly last season in SMJHL with not only new team for myself but new team for this league was tough challenge, had to move, had to adapt. And going to expansion team it is always tough, because team has been built up from zero and all players came in from around the league.

Jean-Pierre Bear: But you are happy that you got here?

Janis Lux: Yes, for sure. Yes there was all that what I mentioned, but I was happy that coaches trusted me, trusted my game and I could show what I am made of.

Jean-Pierre Bear: But in Anchorage you could not do that? Anchorage coaches did not trusted you?

Janis Lux: They trusted me, they did.

Jean-Pierre Bear: But?

Janis Lux: But ... we had some miscommunication, had some ... moments that I want to forget.

Jean-Pierre Bear: How was Anchorage compared to Great Falls?

Janis Lux: Both teams, management was good, still I would choose Grizzlies. I just love this place. Both teams have great organization, but I like Grizzlies long term plans.

Jean-Pierre Bear: After this season you will leave Great Falls, what is one thing that you will miss the most.

Janis Lux: My team mates. It was such a honour to play with these guys, only if it was for two seasons. I know they will bring that trophy home.

Jean-Pierre Bear: There are rumours that you have bought some shares in Grizzlies team and will be involved in talks with possible draft picks.

Janis Lux: Those are rumours. I do not know anything about it. For now I am fully concentrated to off-season work and my rookie season in SHL.

Jean-Pierre Bear: What can we expect from you in SHL?

Janis Lux: It is hard to say. That level is much higher compared to what I have been playing till now. I do not expect much from my debut season. Maybe few goals and few assists but nothing more.

Jean-Pierre Bear: There were rumours that you could retire after this season. How big was those rumours?

Janis Lux: It is true, I thought about retiring at one point, but now I am 100% focused on my new journey.

Jean-Pierre Bear: Do you think your Grizzlies #25 will be retired at some point?

Janis Lux: Well it is not me who decides it.

Jean-Pierre Bear: True, but do you think it will happen?

Janis Lux: No.

Jean-Pierre Bear: Why not? You are one of the teams legends.

Janis Lux: Legend? Are you kidding me? I have been with team only two seasons. There will be players who spend four or five seasons with this team. Those guys will be legends.

Jean-Pierre Bear: What can you say to Grizzlies fans?

Janis Lux: You are the best fans in the world. Seriously. You guys are crazy. Where ever I go I see Grizzlies shirts. Keep that up.

Jean-Pierre Bear: Well, thanks for this interview and enjoy your time in Calgary.

Janis Lux: Thanks, it is always nice talking with you.

Jean-Pierre Bear: "Sports Live in Montana"

Grizzlies Grizzlies Grizzlies

*Interview was done before Lux was traded from Calgary to Minnesota

**1073 words**

Drafted 59th Overall in SMJHL S58 draft by Anchorage Armada
Drafted 9th in SMJHL S60 expansion draft by Great Falls Grizzlies
Drafted 36th Overall in SHL S59 draft by Calgary Dragons

[Image: lux2.png]

Grizzlies legend!! Was great to have you as a teammate and linemate the last 2 seasons! You set the standard for future Grizzlies to try and reach! Wish we could have gone further to get you a Cup! Best of luck in the SHL!!

[Image: dZqcwmW.jpg?format=webp&width=710&height=473]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
Argonauts        S77 SHL DRAFT 4TH OVERALL PICK          Argonauts
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

It was our sincere pleasure having you! Best of luck to you in the bigs!

Grizzlies Grizzlies Grizzlies

[Image: QsZ1vOb.jpeg]
[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]

Good luck with the next chapter, Lux! Grizzlies

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Grizzly legend, for sure!

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: YZjkK9Q.png]

+1