Create Account

S67 SMJHL oPT - One Season at a Time
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2022, 10:50 PM by Jayba1t. Edited 2 times in total.)

Joining the family of PT and mPT will be our newest PT on the scene, the oPT!
With the finals almost wrapping up, we all are now looking towards the SHL Draft. Under the draft spotlight, your careers will soon take the next step and times will only fly by quicker. But right now, let's take a deep breath and step back for one second here.
You just played out your very first season in the SMJHL to start a new chapter in your career. Overall, how would you say you performed in your rookie season? Did you meet expectations you set for yourself individually? What do you need to improve on for next season? Were there any glorious moments that will forever be enshrined in your memory? (100 words min.)
You will receive 2 TPE for fulfilling all the requirements.
Only S67 SMJHL Rookies (S68 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.
Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.
Deadline: the S68 SHL Entry Draft
Finally, as this will be the last SMJHL PT you will do, on behalf of the SMJHL PT Team, I'd like to congratulate you all for completing the first season of hopefully many great ones. We wish you best of luck in your future careers!

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

I think as John Brown I met my expectations for the season, and potentially even exceeded them. I wanted primarily to max earn as much as possible, that was my biggest goal. I think I did that as best I could, the one thing I missed was Fantasy TPE but that was most likely going to be a miss for me anyway. Overall I think I'm still near top of the class for TPE, which was the goal. Points wise I believe I was number 9 in the class? Which was way better than I expected honestly. So I think I could chalk this all up as a pretty successful season for me!

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

For all of the machismo and confidence that Sebastien Regazzoni projects, those who don't know him would be surprised to know that the forward only expected to score around 30 points. He saw himself as a solid depth option alreasy but not a player who could score as often as he eventually did. So to score 48 points, a majority of them being goals, is better than the Swiss forward ever expected. He smashed the expectations of both himself and his team, the Anchorage Armada, and is well on his way to become the best center.... in the world.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Ragnar not only met but exceeded his expectations for the season. I would have been happy being middle of the pack on points averaging half a point per game or slightly under, expecting to take some tome to ramp up to full expectations. To be one of the highest scoring defencemen in the league not just rookie defencemen, is far and away more than expected. I would like to bump the points totals up slightly going into the next season getting as close to point per game as possible while also improving my defensive ability to make up for some of those really bad games where my scoring ability just wasnt filling the gap

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

I had pretty low expectations going into this, so I am pleasantly surprised with how well I've done. I was fourth in goals and tenth in points for rookies. Those numbers will only get better as time goes on, and I'm excited for that. My defense was pretty terrible though, and that definitely needs to improve in the future. I was over a point per game in the playoffs, so hopefully that's a sign of things to come. I've been keeping up very well with TPE earning too, I'm among the top earners in the class, top 10ish I think, and I'm the #1 earning right winger, so that's pretty cool. It'll be a big commitment to keep up and stay at the top, but I'm absolutely up for it. 
139 words

[Image: NYR73.gif]
sigs from @sulovilen @_Blitz_ @Ragnar and @enigmatic

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png] [Image: cEbgUph.png]

I think that Adam Liebold exceeded my expectations for the first season. I surpassed my expectations with the number of hits and assists recorded on the season. I think there are 2 main areas that I need to work on, the main one is scoring goals. My players build is around the sniper, i need to get open more to take more  competitve shots. The second thing that I need to work on is reducing the number of give aways. Overall I think my player did a great job for this season and I am really looking forward to what Liebold can do in the next seasons to come.

Foil Up Boys

As a brand new member of the league, I believe that I/ Cal Kono played above average, there are definitely areas to improve upon, and being a bit quicker to complete the PT each week to ensure maximum growth. Overall though I only ended up missing a few submissions here and there while being active in the graphics community with the first-ever academy classes. Cal Konmo played very well for the team and could potentially fill some needed offensive roles on the team in the up coming seasons as some of the other players graduate to the SHL. Overall this is a marathon not a sprint and even if I miss a few things here a nd there I will still manage to be an impact player on my team.

[Image: fX8c49X.png]

I had high hopes for Derek Martin going in to the first season of my time on the site. Although, in hindsight, I should have maybe toned them down, mainly due to my absolute lack of knowledge on how everything work, I can only be content and happy of how things went despite underwhelming results. My numbers were okay considering the circumstances, but the all around top tier vibes from the Carolina Kraken's locker room.
Another point on which I can build pride is my flexibility in regards to my team's needs. Derek Martin is transitioning to playing center to help fill a void down the middle after Alexi Kettu was trader to St. Louis.
Here's to a great season to come!

[Image: image.png]  [Image: lap-teamsig.png]
@jason kranz sig elite / @sulovilen elite sig
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] [Image: G1cbXSf.png] [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Panthers Ireland Highlanders

For a rookie season and a sniper, I think being the 15th-best player in the league with 30 goals, 39 assists for 69 points, and a +/- of 19 is pretty good. I could've done better, but I'm not complaining knowing I am top of my draft production-wise. In that regard, I feel like I've exceeded expectations, with my only regret being I was not consistent despite having just a little over one point a game on average. There were times when I was two or three games without scoring a point them boom I had a 2-3 points night, it's fun when those nights happen but I would like to have them on a more regular basis.

I need to work on my defensive game, especially in terms of positioning, stick-checking, and shot-blocking. My force is offense, but if I can keep goals from being scored through a few key blocked shots I will be a much more asset for the team because of it.

Throughout the session my goal has been to take advantage of any available way to earn TPE and bank as much as possible. I feel that Chris made a sizable impression in his first season, driving defensive play on the blue line and helping to lead the team on TOI and time on the PK. While his regular season points performance was admirable, it could be better, even if his focus is primarily on defensive play. He did show up pretty will in the playoffs, scoring 2 goals, which was good enough to be in the top 10 for Defensemen goals even though the Grizzlies were out in the first round.

A real highlight for the season was the Grizzlies 4OT win over Maine in the playoffs, a team that we hadn’t beaten all season long. We showed some real fight when it mattered!

[Image: downer.gif]

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]

It's hard to be anything but pleased with how I've done this year. With no real time on the powerplay, as well as third line minutes, my dude Viktor Hargreeves still managed to be in the top 5 for production on the Citadelles. Not to mention that he also came in at a close second in rookie goal scoring behind Bastien Primeau (shoutout to @Tony Hawkey for being the literal wingman). All in all, a good time was had with wonderful effort in his rookie season, and currently battling it out with his team in the SMJHL finals for the Four Star Cup. I had pretty low expectations, so it's safe to say those have been launched directly into space. That said, Vik had an abysmal +/-, and he had absolutely no idea what passing was for most of the season. I did start working on that shortly before the playoffs, so I'm happy to say the results have been quite apparent in the post season. The plan is to continue building on that, and ensure that Viktor can be relied upon in any situation on the ice. Individually, my most treasured moment this season was when Vik got his first and only (so far) hat trick. Team-wise, the comeback from a 3-1 series deficit against STL is an extraordinarily easy pick.

Also, thank you @jay2233 and team for all the hard work, and making my first few months as a new create that much more memorable. :D

[Image: loreoh.gif]
[Image: eP8F2Ne.png][Image: xm4idGe.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png][Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

I didn't really know what to expect going into this season, but Lester Oiduser is quite pleased with how he did overall. Leading the team in +/- was quite an accomplishment, something I did not think would happen. Favourite memory was probably scoring that first goal, leading us to a win. Even added an empty netter to make it a two goal game. Was not planning on being a big scorer, but it sure is nice getting that first one. Season was I feel very good about my progress, seeing how I doubled in TPE power. Improvements would be everywhere, I still have a lot to learn. Just have to keep maxing that TPE, and getting the team some more Ws.

[Image: NOLA-oiduser.png]

Ignacio Garza was a late arrival to the S68 draft class, signing as a waivered free agent with the Anchorage Armada. Despite having only 47 games under his belt, Garza scored at almost 0.5 PPG pace as a rookie, scoring 10 goals ad 23 points. It was a welcome surprise for someone touted for thier defensive abilities, although Garza is hoping to improve on those defensive results next season. He had more giveaways than he would like, and needs to bulk up and work on his checking skills and puckhanling to play better at the SMJHL level. Otherwise, it was quite the successful season for the Spanish winger.

[Image: antonescu.png]
[Image: BKGrppM.png]
Thank you to Ham and Sulo for the sigs!
Scarecrows Chiefs Renegades Dragons Stampede Panthers norway
Scarecrows Specters Switzerland
Scarecrows pride Switzerland
  Armada pride Ireland

Cale has had a very promising start to his SHL career. He was able to put together one of the strongest rookie campaigns compared to the rest of his draft class this year ending the season being 2nd in rookie scoring. He has also contributed in the Timber's run to the SMJHL championship series. All in all I would say this is a better start to a career then I could have hoped especially considering Cale was playing 3rd line minutes. It would look as though he is poised to take a major step forward next season and contribute even more. Now all that is left is going out to win the ship!

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

As a new goalie to this season the excitement of following my dreams have become a reality. With a long road ahead of me I have alot of work and training to get to the Ultimate goal of being pro but my teammates and the organization of the Kelowna knights have welcomed me with open arms and have been very supportive and kind to me. There is alot of talent within the knights and I cannot wait to see where the future will take us. I am proud to put on the jersey each and everyday and couldn't ask for a better start to the beautiful game. I will continue to do what I can to become a Great asset to the team and just remember kids to always follow your dreams.