Create Account

S73 PT#3: Getting Colorful

PT Pass

[Image: Caleb_H.gif]

PBE Affiliate

Did Ya Get It?

[Image: OwNf3O9.gif]

I wouldn’t expect too much from the Netherlands teams that were participating at my camps, but I feel like they would be a pleasant surprise in terms of their overall ability. I think the Dutch women’s team actually did well at the second or third division worlds this year and I think that is a good sign for their ability going forward. Of course, that is contingent on my camps actually being decent and Dominik being a decent teacher. I think he would be, given that hockey IQ is a strong part of his game and that shows in how he plays in the SMJHL currently and why the Pride made him a top 5 pick in the SHL draft. There is a chance that the games don’t work out for the teams traveling from overseas, long travel time, potential jet lag and even just feeling off from that travel before they were ready to play.

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

As the exhibition continues, Ubba Lodbrok, native to CPH, Denmark, Center for the Anchorage Armada of the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League, prospect for the Philadelphia Forge of the Simulation Hockey league, has continued to pay attention to the kids who are playing, and give them tips, tricks and pointers along the way. This is of course, with the help of some of the other players that he plays with, and the coaching staff. However, it's time to let the kids do their thing. So, he sets up some round robin tournaments and camps with some of the local teams as well. This was a great way for some of his players to learn about Hockey in the great state of Alaska. His kids, being of course, from Mexico City, rarely had the chance to get up to Alaska to watch hockey get played. All they know about Alaska is the same thing that most kids know, it's cold. ANd you can see Russia. Well, all the local hockey slang gets learned, all the mexican spanish slang and swear words get taught. All in all, the kids from Mexico city had a great time and came out 2-2 during the Round Robin. Not too bad.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

ISFL Affiliate

Simmer pass

Option 2:

Mikko would love for Montagne to start distracting the other team during games.  Especially when the Aurora are in possession of the puck.  It is far too easy to just sit in the net and stop the puck, right?  Montagne needs to make sure they are extremely vocal on the ice to make up for the lack of leadership coming from Farquaads on a nightly basis.

It would also be great to see Montagne shoot the puck more.  The Aurora have always been known to shoot the puck but for whatever reason Montagne won’t even leave their own zone to join on the rush or the powerplay.  Just imagine how many goals the team could be scoring if they were always playing 6 on 5 hockey during games.  It could be such an elite strategy that many other teams have been unwilling to try over the past few seasons.  Time will tell if Montagne would even be willing to try

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/889201044154904606/1150524829653536909/mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3229285f883239ca6017785e905ed3ff0a8b42b94f57638f43c11a5e635414&[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/4028.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5431.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5570.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7241.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5906.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/6149.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7950.png[/img]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: jackkanoff.gif]

[Image: jeffiesigs.gif]
Nour is pretty hot ngl

Option 1:

I'm not sure what exact differences there might be between different youth hockey organizations in terms of rules or trends with plays/players, but I'd imagine each country, each state, each hockey town would have their own unique ways of doing things on the ice within the ruleset. Different players they like to model themselves after, different priorities reinforced by different coaches or organizations. So in that regard I don't necessarily think the players would learn anything flat out new to them, but they would be exposed to different styles of play, which can never really be a bad thing. By playing friendlies with the kids in New Orleans, for example, they might be exposed to kids who model themselves more after some of the stars from the Specters, like Xavier Doom, so we might see kids with a more defensive minded playstyle, or a higher forecheck line, or a more aggressive backcheck. Maybe, beyond all that, they learn what it's like to travel and pace themselves in tournament style games. They might not be able to go all out every shift if they know they have another 2 games to play later, for example. There are lots of valuable lessons that can be learned on and off the ice from such friendlies, nevermind the cultural exchange which will likely be way more important over the course of their lives than learning the Michigan.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2020-07-07_at_12.29.58_PM.png]

Well, Lasse knows as a forward that his defensive game is not the greatest, and in general that’s what the defense is for. But he tries his best to force turnovers, keep the possession of the puck, but when the game doesn’t give them this favour, he goes out to block some shots, take his man, in general do his job. But his biggest contribution to making Jeff Newmans and Enes Gundogans lives easier is to put the puck in the opposing teams net. Doing so gives your team the lead to win the game, but also gives our goalies the leeway to let in a few here and there if it comes to that. It keeps us in the game and doesn’t put all the pressure on our net minders that if they let one slip in it’s not a huge weight on their shoulders, or a game breaking moment that they messed up on.

S72 Best Season of All Time
[Image: S72_IIHF_CHAMPS.png?ex=661c5898&is=6609e...height=662]      [Image: S72_4-STAR_CHAMPS.png?ex=661c5873&is=660...height=662]

Code:
OPTION 2 - Goalie Goals

Written Task: Tell me what your player wants their team's goalie to do to make their specific role easier. If your player is a goalie, tell me what you do to make your forwards' lives a little easier!

As a forward, Levin would be remiss to complain about the work that his goalies put in game after game. After all, they have the single hardest job on the ice, which is to track a very small piece of vulcanized rubber, going at hundreds of miles per hour, and stopping it from going in a 4 feet high by 6 feet wide net - how they manage to do it around 90% of the time is baffling to Levin. However, if there is something he appreciates in his goalies, is when they are conscious of their rebounds, putting the puck in a position on the ice where his team (or himself, depending on the situation) can recuperate the puck and stifle the opposition's attack and play in transition. He realizes that it's easier said than done, but when a goalie is in control of his rebounds, it in turn transforms them into a third defenseman for the team, making breakouts much easier to manage.

(166 words)

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

I want my goalie to not have to be put into a position where they are forced to make a lot of saves. Naturally, I want them to be able to make those saves when they happen, but I do not want them to be letting in a goal late in the game because it has been the 40th shot of the game. I want them to still be sharp, still be on their toes and ready, but have it only be the 20th shot or maybe the 30th if it is late in the last period. I do not want Toronto to be like the Canucks, who so far this season have let every team shoot 40 on them, or who yesterday let Florida have 16 shots in one period. That is awful. And so, in order to help out my goalie this season, I will be out there forechecking. I will be dropping to the ice and slide checking, I will be blocking shots. I will be doing my all to help the team.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

Patya bring the childrens to visit! WOWIE! Much excite! Patya informed that they am play against local teams of same age range, so Patya am go watch. Honestly, Patya thinking they not do half bad! They am not win all games, but win some, but play well and Patya am very proud! Patya am asking them what they learn and they am telling me that they ask kids for advice since they am having more practice. They tell these visitors they just need for keep practicing, and also make sure to play as a team. Patya am thinking this is very good advice, because as good as Patya is, Patya am nothing without team. This always much important for remembering. Hockey is very much a team game and is why hockey very much most best sport! Is not like basketball with player who can control game, or football which am have quarterback touch ball on every play. Hockey am very much require full team effort for victory!

Lore: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5
[Image: 65011_s.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png]   [Image: HKi05IH.png]   [Image: gs89eGV.png]

At the end of the day, the core thing any forward or defenseman wants from the team's goalie is to stop all the pucks they face. While that's a tall task to attempt a shutout every game, that's really all anyone hopes for. He can make things easier like calling out icings, being mindful of time left on the PP or PK, and playing the puck if it gets dumped in. Sometimes even making those breakout passes himself can go a pretty long way in transitioning into our offensive game. I don't really know how much more complex this needs to be, or in how many more words this could be explained. At the end of the day we just want the puck stopped and to play well enough that he lets in fewer goals than our offense scores. Oh and the backup goalie should be excellent at opening the bench doors. Maybe have some good vibes as well if the team isn't playing well.

Tell me what your player wants their team's goalie to do to make their specific role easier. If your player is a goalie, tell me what you do to make your forwards' lives a little easier!

As a forward The Murray is always looking to get out of the defensive zone.  Unfortunately, he is also absolute shit from the face-off dot so he can't impact the play and clear the puck from there.  Instead of stopping play by catching the puck The Murray prefers it when Wayne Holloway instead just throws juicy rebounds out. Ideally they'll go to the corners where The Murray is really able to thrive. As a hippopotamus The Murray is able to get dirty and throw his significant mass around in the corners and wrest the pucks from opposing teams before hopefully taking the puck coast to coast for a scoring opportunity of his own.  Something he likes to call 'The Murray Special.' This idea hasn't gone over well when brought up during practice, but by the time the playoffs roll around Wayne will certainly be on board to help facilitate 'The Murray special.'