Create Account

[2x Draft Media] A Date with Patya Perevalov (featuring Kristen Landry)
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2021, 02:00 AM by natedoeshockey.)

2x Draft Media bonus, please and thank you...or 2x for my first media bonus if you don't think it's "drafty" enough <3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A DATE WITH PATYA PEREVALOV (Featuring Kristen Landry)

This is the beginning of a love story for the ages. Hot off his SMJHL post-draft press conference, in which he expressed great shock at being taken so early at number five overall and talked of his acceptance with his new team, Patya Perevalov is about to have a different kind of adventure. This journey will take him far, far away from the land of hockey, to which he is so accustomed. Away from the bright lights of the arena. Away from the wheeling, the sniping, and the celly-ing. This is a journey to the heart of the woman, and one more beautiful than any other woman he has seen before. Granted, Patya is just eighteen-years old, he has met many of her kind in his life as a Russian hockey superstar. This one, however, will be different. This is not some floozy, some puck bunny, some provocative young girl vying for the attention of a bona fide hockey stud. Not that there is anything wrong with that, just that there is a time and a place and a person for that sort of thing, and Patya was never interested in that anyway… but oh no, she is none of those things in the slightest. This is a real woman, one whom possesses worldly intelligence and effortless grace. She is quite young herself, being just twenty-years old, which may lead some to declassify her as a “woman” and a fact which Patya has yet to discover, but she grew up somewhat privileged, had a good life, ventured to many places, and learned many things.

Kristen Landry is the first-born daughter and second-born child of Gregory and Evangeline Landry. Her father, Gregory, is an early-fifties self-made Charlotte real estate magnate who is now recognized as one of the city’s most beloved and influential philanthropists. Her mother, Evangeline, is a mid-forties artist from the Philippines whose works populate museums the world over. The pair met nearly twenty-five years ago in New York City, when Evangeline was living in Manhattan and Gregory was visiting for business. You see, Evangeline had managed to get a piece of her art into the much celebrated and prestigious Metropolitan Museum of Art and had gone to see it placed in its hallowed halls, while Gregory, like any good visitor to the city of Manhattan, had taken the day to visit what is, arguably, the greatest museum of art in the country. They both just happened to be in the right place at the right time, and fate did the rest. Gregory had never seen a woman he found so gorgeous and alluring, and Evangeline had never seen a man she considered so handsome and strapping. Little did they know that this chance encounter around a single piece of art, by an artist in Evangeline that most people had not yet heard of, would lead them down the path to spending their lives together, united and one…and little did Patya and Kristen know that they too would, soon enough, experience the same.

Prior to the evening at hand, our young friend, Patya Perevalov, finds himself preparing in his newly acquired high-rise apartment in the heart of downtown Charlotte, one from which Kristen’s father is presumably collecting funds, given his tight grip on the market in the area. Patya is quite nervous, as he has been rather taken by the ravishing beauty of his date for tonight, as well as her pride and strength in being a powerful woman. To reiterate, Patya is not all that used to her type, given the propensity of the Russian women to just throw themselves at him, only to be turned aside before they are even given an opportunity. He wants to dress well, but not too well. He has no desire to come off as spoiled, or entitled, or arrogant, or any of the other things one may associate with someone in a ten-thousand-dollar suit. He has already flubbed a bit in this way in his first interaction with Kristen, in which he mistakenly tossed out a comment like a member of some sort of old boys’ club, for which he was promptly crucified by his future maiden. It really was not meant in poor taste, as Patya is not that kind of individual; He just fails to have a strong comprehension of the English language, as it currently stands. Offending those around him is never his first option, and he is a good person. He did, in fact, learn from that failure, and decided he should no longer use phrases heard in passing which may belittle their subject. He is very grateful to Kristen for her forgiveness in the matter, as it would be understandable for her to continue to hold it over his head. This is another reason he wants to take her out, beyond the obvious, curious, growing infatuation with her over the course of such a short time. This opportunity that she has presented has also allowed him to grow more as a person and growing more as a person is something which Patya needs to do. He needs to do it somewhat quickly, in this new environment, in this new spotlight, under this new microscope. Again, just another reason for a date which he had planned on proposing to her anyway, so it could not hurt. Back to the matter at hand, he finally settles on an outfit. It is still expensive, as a burgundy Frère suit is nothing to sneeze at when it is priced at around four-thousand dollars, but it pales in comparison to the craftsmanship exemplified by Noriyuki Ueki in the bespoke Sartoria Ciccio he acquired just in time for the SMJHL draft after an eighteen-month wait from the time of measurements. Why was he so early to buy such an expensive suit? Well, aside from the money he made in his one-year KHL contract, it is rather simple: Patya knew he would be in the SHL. He is a winner, after all, and simply refused to be denied. He has decided to wear the suit with a pair of dark reddish-brown Salvatore Ferragamo Gancini oxfords, and simple bare platinum cufflinks.

Now that the outfit is decided, Patya has another choice to make: which car should he drive this evening? He has always been interested in fast cars, since he needs something that can both keep up with, and reflect, his style of play out on the ice. Knowing Patya, that just so happens to be something loud, something cool, something with speed and precision. It might sound simple, but to a young millionaire, he has several choices. One of these is a 2019 Lamborghini Aventador SVJ that he, again, bought with the money from his KHL contract. He decides he would rather not bring that, as the driving experience may be too visceral for his date, as it was designed in a time before DCTs, or dual-clutch transmissions, were commonplace. The technology was fairly new at that point, and Lamborghini decided against using it in the vehicle. However, this presents a new option: a 2021 Lamborghini Huracán Evo Performante. Unlike the Aventador, the Huracán does have a DCT, but is only a V10 as opposed to the V12 of the Aventador. Patya really wants a symphony and decides the naturally aspirated V10 just does not have enough for the night. Unfortunately for Patya, his newly acquired 2021 Audi R8 V10 Plus is still in the shop at AMS Performance with a twin turbo package currently being installed, so this vehicle is out of the question. This car was made possible by his contract with the Carolina Kraken. He chose to have a twin turbo package installed on this car as he wanted to have the naturally aspirated V10 left in the Lamborghini, and beef up the V10 in the Audi, even though it is the exact same Lamborghini V10 found mid-mounted in both cars. Then, it hits him: he knows precisely what car to take for the evening! It is another recent purchase, made possible by the generosity of the Carolina Kraken: a 2021 McLaren 720S Spider.

The McLaren 720S, in either of the variations available, has been coined as the most livable supercar on the market, though the Spider has improved visibility as the buttresses are made of glass, which eliminates potential blind spots. It handles well, rides like a dream, accelerates like a missile, has a roomy interior, and has plenty of cargo space. In fact, the car is actually five-hundred pounds lighter in this convertible configuration than a Huracán Spyder. As Patya wanted, it also offers a symphony for he and his date. The V8 screams like an F1 motor with an absolutely blistering exhaust note, and the turbo spool is loud enough that you get all the sounds you could ever want out of them. To add, this is not just any McLaren 720S Spider. Patya meticulously specced this car out to his preferences, and much to the delight of McLaren Charlotte. Firstly, Patya does not care about resale value, so he went with Lantana Purple – one of the coolest McLaren colors that absolutely stands out. He also chose to get the “performance” version of the vehicle. He purchased all four exterior carbon fibre packs, and the performance plus pack with the 10-spoke super-lightweight wheels in the stealth finish, dropping weight for even more speed and acceleration. He also opted for the carbon fibre diffuser, carbon fibre mirror arms, a carbon fibre hood that is paint matched to the body color, a carbon fibre active rear spoiler, and the electrochromic roof. He went with the Scoria grey and McLaren orange interior, which comes with matching orange contrast stitching, and ordered the convenience pack with the upgraded stereo and vehicle lift. Along with this, he chose all carbon fibre interior components and upper trim. He kept the sports seats for comfort, as he could always afford to buy and spec another McLaren 720S coupe for the track, though he would probably get something like a 765LT instead. They also have the optional power adjust heated memory function and carbon fibre seatbacks. He chose McLaren orange seat belts and a carbon fibre steering wheel with carbon black Alcantara inserts. He also checked off on the volumetric alarm upgrade, the vehicle tracking system, and homelink. He ordered the floormats and the lithium-ion battery charger, and the custom key in the body matched color. The final price after options was around four-hundred ten-thousand dollars.

So, now that he has finally made these important decisions, styled his hair, made himself smell spectacular, where should he take Kristen? He could take her to The Capital Grille or Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse and Wine Bar or McNinch House Restaurant…but no, he has something a bit different in mind, something he considers classy. He grabs the phone and calls up Bentley’s.

*ring…ring*

E: Hello, this is Bentley’s, how many I help you?

*he attempts his best to try really hard at English, coming across surprisingly well since he is thinking so hard about it*

P: Hello, this Patya Perevalov. Am needing reservation for tonight. Am much sorry for short notice. Is much importance. Have you any table?

E: Sure, Mr. Perevalov. Let me look and see what we have.

*a brief and strenuous pause ensues as Patya waits with bated breath*

E: Hello, Mr. Perevalov, I regret to infor – hm? Yes, I said Perevalov. Yes, Patya Perevalov. Oh…okay! Well, you are in luck, Mr. Perevalov! We are fully booked up, but our executive chef, William Schutz, said he can fit you in for a private dining experience whenever you get here! He said that he is a huge fan of yours!

*he rejoices a bit silently and pumps his fist*

P: This is news that is most wonderful! Thanks to you! Am much looking forward to coming by!

E: Sure thing, Mr. Perevalov! Just check in with me when you arrive! My name is Sarah!

P: Sarah! Okay, Patya am see you when arrive with much pretty lady!

*she giggles a bit on the line*

S: That sounds great! We will see you tonight!

P: Yes, am seeing Patya later!

S: Goodbye now!

*mutual clicks as they hang up*

So now, the date is set! The outfit, the car, the destination – all that is left is for Patya to show up and whisk Kristen away for a night of fine dining at Bentley’s.

Patya texts Kristen for her address as he walks out the front of his building, takes his key fob from the valet, hops into his beautiful McLaren 720S. As he drops the top, she drops her details, and he takes off.

Not long thereafter, he pulls up to her place of residence. He calls her on the phone.

*ring…ring*

K: Why hello there, Mr. Perevalov!

P: Kristen! Am here for picking up!

K: I’ll be out in just a minute.

P: Sounding good! Am much excited for seeing you!

*she laughs*

K: I’m excited to see you too!

He sits listening to the radio momentarily while he awaits, and then…it happens. Kristen walks out in the most form-fitting little black Prada dress that Patya has ever seen, complete with sparkling Cartier diamond earrings and a very fitting pair of Christian Louboutin So Kates. Though Patya finds his jaw on the floor of the driver side of his McLaren, he puts up the door and quickly exits, approaching her to offer his hand, which she takes.

P: Wowee! You are much fantastic looking! Am having mind blown!

*she laughs and smiles*

K: Oh, Patya! That’s so sweet of you to say! It’s been forever since I’ve been out on any kind of date. I’ve just been so busy working that I never found the time, and nobody ever asked!

P: Do not be worrying! Am having much splendid evening for you!

K: I hope so! I’m really looking forward to it.

*he opens the door for her as they approach the car, allows her ample time to tuck herself into her seat, and closes the door for her, rounding the front again and getting back in*

*she looks at the controls*

K: Patya…this car…

P: I know! IS MUCH FAST!

K: I bet it is! It’s truly incredible. I’ve never been in anything like this.

P: Well, am like car that is like Patya, but for Kristen, am driving like gentleman.

*she laughs again, putting on her seatbelt, as he does the same*

K: Well, I do appreciate that!

P: Well, Patya am appreciate you! Now, is time for dinner drive.

*he pulls out of the drive and gets them on their way*

*her face lights up*

K: Oh wow, it sounds as good as it looks!

*he smiles*

P: This why am choose for evening this car. Patya am wanting most beautiful symphony for most beautiful woman.

*her face flushes a deep red and she smiles*

K: Well, aren’t you just a charmer?

*he chuckles heartily*

P: Patya am only for you like this!

The drive continues, as does the flirting, until they arrive at their destination, Bentley’s Restaurant. Patya pulls up, gets out, opens the door for his stunning date, and tosses the keys to his McLaren to the valet. They walk into the restaurant, and up to the young woman at the front, presumably the one Patya talked to earlier.

P: Hello! Am Patya Perevalov! Am thinking have talked to you on the phone earlier and told be having reservation for two?

*she perks up*

S: Oh my goodness! You’re here! Welcome! Yes, that was Sarah, or me haha…and might I say, your date looks absolutely stunning!

K: You’re too kind!

S: Nonsense! I wish I looked as good as you do in that dress!

*they both laugh*

S: Let me go get the chef. He’s setup a private dining experience for you this evening!

Sarah walks away for a brief moment, and returns with William Schultz, the executive chef at Bentley’s Restaurant.

*he reaches out his hand, which Patya takes and shakes*

W: Hey Patya, I’m William Schultz, the executive chef here at Bentley’s Restaurant. I’m a HUGE fan, and I’ve taken the time to set up a private dining experience for you and your date here this evening. Please, follow me!

Patya and Kristen follow William to a private dining table, hidden away in a corner of the restaurant near the kitchen, much like you would see on the popular television program, Hell’s Kitchen. They are seated, and glance over the menu. They order the caviar sampler appetizer, which includes Traditional, Oscietra, Royal Oscietra, and Siberian caviar, served with traditional condiments and blini. They double up on the appetizers by also order the grown-up macaroni and cheese, that comes with Maine lobster, black truffles, and a three cheese sauce. Whilst waiting, they talk about life and how busy they’ve been lately, Kristen with reporting and Patya with keeping up with his training and daily activities within the SMJHL. As their appetizers arrive and they begin to taste, they are simply blown away by the quality of the food. Within ten-to-fifteen minutes, both appetizer plates are fully clean, which is wonderful for Patya, as he loves a woman with an appetite. They decide to order the chateaubriand bouquetiere, which is an eighteen-ounce chateau for two, medium rare, with a red wine reduction, with grilled asparagus, sautéed mushrooms, and potato dauphineoise (or au gratin, for the normal folks). They decide to add foie gras à la carte. Their conversation continues until their entrée arrives. Again, the quality is beyond incredible, and the food is gone in almost no time. The restaurant does not offer dessert, but fortunately, Patya has planned for this. Unbeknownst to Kristen, and the audience up until this point, he had Goodberry’s custard brought down from Raleigh.

*her eyes light up*

K: Oh my god, Patya. You didn’t…

P: I did!

K: My dad and I used to get Goodberry’s every time he’d take me up to the triangle. I haven’t had it in forever!

P: Patya am never have this. Is first time. Patya am think maybe bring down here much special for you but am not knowing father have done this in past.

K: I know! There’s no way you could have known. This is the perfect way to end our dinner.

P: Patya am agree!

They eat their custard, Patya pays the extremely exorbitant bill, they give their thanks to the chef, Sarah, and the valet as they leave the restaurant. Patya gets Kristen’s door and lets her back into the car, shuts her door, rounds the front, and gets in the driver’s seat. He takes her back home on a ride filled with “I’m so full”, “that was incredible”, and “that was seriously the best meal I’ve ever had.” Don’t worry, Patya said the same, just in broken English. Before long, he has Kristen back at her place, ready to drop her off.

*she looks over at him, after probably the best night she’s ever had*

K: Patya, tonight was incredible. I can’t remember the last time I had such a wonderful dinner with even better company.

*she smiles at him and blushes slightly*

*he looks back at her*

P: Patya am never have night as good as this. Truly have been amazing. Am never think am enjoy time with someone so much. Am so happy by accident for meeting you.

*she stares directly into his eyes and bites her lip, setting the bait*

*he takes the bait, and leans in, and the two of them share an intimate kiss, full of all of the passion that you would expect of a blooming, timeless romance*

P: Wow…eee…

*she smiles, and grabs him, pulling him back to her lips, and they kiss again, just as passionately as the first time, before breaking the kiss again*

*he sits there, completely stunned, with a huge, stupid smile on his face*

*she collects herself*

K: I…I had an amazing night with you…I really did have the best time…

*he collects himself as well*

P: Patya am wanting see you again, much soon, as much soon as possible.

K: I would absolutely love that, because I want to see you again as soon as I possibly can.

And with that, Patya gets out to let out his date, and walks her back to her building. He waits to make sure she gets in safely, and then returns to the McLaren and drives back to his own place, thus ending the start of the journey for our star-crossed lovers.

As the season begins, Patya struggles to find his footing on North American ice through the first two games, having not registered a point. He takes this opportunity to call Kristen that night to talk about it while on the road.

*ring…ring*

K: Hey Patya!

P: Hey Kristen…

*she can sense the sadness and disappointment in his voice*

K: What’s wrong, handsome?

P: Patya am this season so far much struggling. Adapting plan not working like am think it would. Am trying for play good for team and for fans. Am trying to play like champion for you. Am wanting make everyone proud, including Patya.

K: Oh Patya…I know it’s been hard on you so far, but you’re trying as hard as you can. I appreciate you trying to play for me. I love the way it feels to hear that you think of me in that way…but you can’t play like that. You need to play like you did growing up, like you did back in Russia, like you did in the KHL. You’ve got to stop trying to play for everyone else, and play for yourself.

*he perks up*

P: Patya am…play…for himself…

K: Yes, for yourself.

P: Patya am play for himself!

*she laughs*

K: That’s it! That’s the mindset!

P: What am Patya do without you? Am not know. Am just be nothing.

K: Oh stop! You’d still be successful. You know that.

P: It mean much nothing if without you.

K: You’re so sweet, and I care about you so much. I just want what’s best for you. You need to get some sleep, you have a big day tomorrow with the game against Anaheim.

P: Kristen, am much right. Am sleeping now. Am miss you much.

K: I miss you, too. Go to bed.

P: Okay, am doing. Goodnight gorgeous lady!

*she giggles*

K: Goodnight, Mr. Perevalov.

The next morning, in the game against Anaheim, Patya plays with a renewed mindset, and starts playing for himself. He scores his first goal of the season, and it feels like a weight comes off his shoulders, and our Russian superstar is back! He plays freely, like he always has. The pressure of the SMJHL is finally gone, and now, it’s time for him to dominate. As the game goes on further and further, the score ping pongs back and forth, and the third period ends in a tie…six to six. After a speech from the coach in the locker room during the intermission, the team is fired up and ready. Patya heads back out on the ice. Off the faceoff, he takes a pass and has a breakaway, and then, just eight seconds into overtime, he scores! Kraken win! Patya has a multi-goal game in his first scoring effort, including an overtime winner, and the fastest overtime winner and goal from the period starting of his short but illustrious career! He calls Kristen after the game to tell her the good news, as if she wasn’t watching.

*ring…ring*

K: YOU DID IT!

P: AM FEELING LIKE WINNER BIG! PATYA TIME!

They talk for hours. It’s incredible what happens with just a little spark. Throughout the season, Patya continues to take Kristen out on dates when he’s in town for a home game, and calls her regularly when he’s on the road. She, of course, does the same, checking in on him when she has a moment away from her work, and when she gets home in the evenings if he’s off or doesn’t have game in that timeframe. A side effect of his time with her and his time in the league as that his English begins improving a bit, maybe even more than that, as Patya tends to be a quick learner. It looks like he’s really beginning to adapt and fit in with the culture, though he still has a lot to go.

About three-quarters through the season, the couple fully admit their mutual feelings for each other, and it becomes the first time that four letter word gets uttered…

P: Kristen Landry, I love you.

K: Patya Perevalov, I love you.

That’s right: it’s love. His love for her and for the love of hockey would carry him through the rest of the season. He would appear in all sixty-six regular season games for the Kraken, scoring thirteen goals and racking up thirteen assists for a twenty-six points and a plus four rating. It’s a far cry from his days in Russia, but he knows he’s playing with the best talent in the world, and it will take time and hard work to return to his dominant status. In the playoffs, he and the Kraken are unfortunately taken out early by the Quebec City Citadelles. Patya plays all six playoff games, scoring one goal and tallying one assist for a breakeven rating. It’s his first two playoff points in his SMJHL career.

Coming off of a pretty good season, Patya was thinking about the World Junior Championships and carrying the flag for his home country of Russia would be a glorious moment in his life. Sadly, that moment never came. UCORCAL passed on the star winger, and he ended up playing with team Young Guns and failing to qualify for the round of eight, posting one goal and four assists in twelve games for a minus five rating. It was a disappointing World Junior Championships for Patya, but Kristen pulled him through it, as she is now his rock. Little did she know, she’d be even more important not soon after.

It was okay that Patya didn’t make it to his home team for the World Junior Championships. He was a hot prospect and was sure to be a top ten, and probably even top five draft pick. There was a ton of interest from pretty much all of the first round teams, and all the mock drafts had him going very early. Some teams even called him just to wish him luck on the start of his SHL journey, expecting him to go towards the top of the pack. All of this got Patya very excited for the day to come. Funny thing about that is that sometimes, things don’t work out the way you expect them to. The picks came and went, and Patya started to fall in the draft. First the top five, then the top ten…who would take Patya Perevalov? He thought he’d never hear his name until finally, at the fourteenth spot, the Minnesota Monarchs answered the call. Patya was glad that the stress of, by his standards, his catastrophic fall was finally over, and he could get back to being the best player he could possibly be. Again, Kristen worked him through it, for which he was very appreciative, and he told her as much.

It was okay that UCORCAL didn’t put Patya on the team for the World Junior Championships and that he fell to fourteenth in the draft, because surely he would be recognized for his season and his accomplishments in the league. Again, Patya was surprised to find out that he would go completely and totally unnoticed. He got the biggest snubbing of his life. He was not nominated for any awards, including those that are for the rookies, which he covets highly and thought he had an outside shot at. He also didn’t make the SMJHL all-rookie team, though he was glad that his friend and linemate, Atticus Hale, did. He’s really leaning on Kristen at the end of this season, and she’s a saint for all the good she’s done for him. They’re perfect for each other, and he does everything he can to show her that.

So here we are at the bookend of his first season. It’s safe to say that it didn’t exactly work out the way that Patya thought it would. He had a rough go of it, but he takes everything in stride. Patya refuses to let the negativity in, as his mental game is strong. He is beyond determined. He will come back harder, better, faster, stronger, and presumably more Daft Punk. He has his sights set on silencing the doubters and the critics, and becoming the greatest Russian born player that both the SMJHL and the SHL have ever seen. In fact, he might even hold a press conference just to tell the world exactly what he thinks and how he feels on the matter. Only time will tell, but if I know Patya…and I DO know him…nothing will stand in the way of him enshrining himself in the golden halls of SHL lore. Look at everything he has already accomplished: meeting the love of his life, experiencing a great rookie season alongside some great teammates in a great locker room, getting his own bobblehead for fan night, doing noble charity work and giving back in a way that means a lot to him, going in the draft to a franchise that needs him and wants him. He’s accomplished much more than you see on the surface. His impact on the league and the people around him cannot be understated. So next time you think that he might just have emptied the tank and been done, I kindly invite you to remember that always and forever, it’s Patya time.

(5006 words)

Lore: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5
[Image: 65011_s.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png]   [Image: HKi05IH.png]   [Image: gs89eGV.png]

Patya is a bonafide stud and we can't wait for them to prove any doubters wrong.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

this reads like SMJHL fanfiction and i fucking love it

[Image: kILVP74.png]    [Image: qtbn8zh.png]    [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: Monochroma_Sig_2_1.gif]
Patriotes Knights Latvia Knights Latvia Knights Patriotes

All of the GMs who let Patya fall are going to regret it