Create Account

S75 PT#5: Who you gonna call? Due: Sunday, March 17th @ 11:59 PM PST

Originally when Ju-gong set out, he didn’t really have an agent, relying on his parents and friends of his parents for advice on what a good deal was. That all changed when he met his teammate Demir Bellona, who through some convincing, has taken the young Korean player under his “agents” wing. It seemed normal enough, plenty of players shared agents that they recommended, so eventually Ju-gong bought in on the idea. However, when asking Bellona to talk with said agent – hell, even just the agent’s name – his answers we’re constantly brushed off with something akin to “The name isn’t important, it’s the deal that matters” or “Don’t worry so much.” Obviously very suspicious. However, when Ju-gong was prepping for the SHL draft, his “agent” managed to persuade Montreal to take the young player first round. While a surprise to Ju-gong, it was a team that seemed to be fully invested in his future, and perhaps be a perfect fit – also of course, they had just drafted Bellona. Given things worked out for the best, Ju-gong let everything slide, but to do this day still has no idea who his real agent truly is.

Code:
Option 2:

Written Task: Offseason is good time to call your agent to make sure you both are on same page about your players career and any potential moves or upcoming contract negotiations that could be done during next season(s).

Agent could be someone who has been with your player since the beginning, relative or a old friend, or maybe a professional who oversees the finances of 20 or so other SHL players (while siphoning money from them all to buy more cards). They might only be hired for the contract negotiations or they might be just a call away to help your player with any problem they can think of.

Who is your player’s agent and what they do (and have done) for your player? If your player doesn't have an agent tell us why they don't.

My agent…what is there to say about him. Started out quite slow, not getting the word out about me before my first SMJHL season and letting me fall to the third round. Luckily, I proved my worth to Vancouver quickly and never looked back from there. Things have changed over the years though; I am sure helped mostly by my play. It is easier to negotiate on my behalf when my worth is pretty easily seen. I was put in the leadership group early on in Seattle, and now have rose in the ranks all the way to being General Manager. It is an honor to have this bestowed upon me, and honestly my agent has helped me grow so much on the way. I don’t think I could have gotten this far with him on my side. Him, along with my family will be one of the first mentions should I ever be honored enough to be inducted into the Hall of Fame.

164 words

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]

*To the tune of the Ghostbusters Theme Song*

PT PASS!

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

Code:
Who is your player’s agent and what they do (and have done) for your player? If your player doesn't have an agent tell us why they don't.

This past season for the S75 season did not go exactly as planned for Ben Jammin and in his first season with the Winnipeg Aurora after joining via sign/trade in the off-season. There were many suitors looking to acquire Ben Jammin and ultimately Ben chose Winnipeg (which he still would've done regardless of how this last season ended). My agent is Pat Fusty from way back in the day when we would hangout in the world of bloons and Pat was always popping the biggest and strongest bloons for Ben Jammin. He has been Ben Jammin's agent since day one and is still is to this very day. After the way this season ended, it seems like there is more parity in the league (at least on the Western conference side of things) and with regression about to kick my butt even harder this off-season, I only have a few more seasons before I plan to call it a career for Ben Jammin. I am already signed for S76 so will be interesting as to what WPG's management plans are moving forward. 

(183 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

Option 2:

Agents are a huge part of the sporting business. They deal with the all of the finer details of a player's life so they only have to worry about playing. They are an integral part of a player's life, which is surprising to me that lately a lot of younger players have chosen to forgo having an agent and handle things themselves. While I understand wanting to be in control of your own life, I've found having an agent there to help has been amazing.

My agent is a long time friend of mine who rose through the ranks in sports business at the same time I've been rising through the professional hockey ranks. We've been connected through these journeys since the beginning and we've developed a level of friendship and trust that you need to make a relationship like this work. I trust him to have my best interests at heart and to control the chaos of the business side while I can focus on hockey. He handles contract negotiations, media appearances, sponsorship deals, basically anything business related. It's been a great pairing and one that will continue as I take the step into the SHL this upcoming season.

(200 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
33-12-1
Regular Season - [G 6] [A 8] [Pts 14] [+/- +25] [PIM 30] [Hits 22] [SB 87]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Written Task:

Petr is ultimately represented by the State Security Agency, given that he is their property, but this is not a publicly known fact. This organization is made up of the typical national intelligence agency apparatuses, but as well as the country's elite who wished to see the changes that have been brought to the nation, such as the program that brought about Petr. The program itself may be headed by ex-SHLer Marek Vyskoc, the organization is filled with hockey players, politicians, and the idealistic. The one who's duty it specifically is to represent Petr in legal matters and as his agent is the Czech Consul in Switzerland, Vaclav Sulista. His goal is the same as Petr's: Czechia's inevitable gold medal win, and the march of progress!... annnd making things interesting for Petr on the way there. Goals, points, success is what will hold Petr off until the ultimate goal is achieved... and ideally awards and a hall of fame worth career.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

Dan is having a hard time getting sleep with all of his specter visits? Well Dan is extremely cheap and stubborn, so chances are he won't be moving. Dan would likely invest into some really good noise cancelling headphones. Dan would wear his headphones every night and if, by a slim chance, the apparitions still wake Dan up, he would have to just suck it up and learn to cope with it. Lots of naps would be had in the afternoons at the arena. Dan can't see the other options as viable for him. He enjoys his privacy too much to be willing to start a haunted house, and he doesn't have enough time to start another business hunting ghosts or anything. Therefore his only options would be to to sell or learn to live with it. Once you are settled into a place, nobody ever wants to go through the hassles of moving haha.

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: pPWkZOM.png]
[Image: Q9Ii17g.png]
Credit to Ragnar and Enigmatic for the great Signatures

Option 2:
The only person that really matters to my negotiations with the team are the my best mate @CementHands also known as Nathaniel Barca. But really the inside scoop comes from our close family friend to the point we call him uncle Dadbod. He is the Co-GM of the team I am currently playing for and has always had my best interests at heart. He has always ensured I got a good and fair deal when it came to the team and made sure I was first in line when it came to sponsorships or chances to earn some extra money around the league. Between having the inside scoop and being able to play alongside my best friend I got all the support I need to have a great future and ride it out the entire career in Philly. It is for these reasons I have never really felt the need for an agent but always had one along for the ride to ensure that I wasn’t signing my life away without an independent 3rd party looking over the contract.

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

PBE affiliate: 
https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...t&p=694934

[Image: IMG_2927.jpg?width=1195&height=672]
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2024, 02:37 PM by Ricer13.)

[Image: IMG_0253.png?ex=6601c444&is=65ef4f44&hm=...db17270ba&]

Honestly I am pretty happy living with the ghosts of hockey future, past and present. I don't think I could ever capitalize on that only because I am a little selfish and want their knowledge all to myself. I mean if you share it you jeopardize their ghostly minds being soured by others experiences and like I said, I am too selfish to share. I mean granted, how many people would pay to have Bobby Orr on speed dial? I'd wager it would be a ton. Or how many people would pay to be able to 'John Malkovich' Connor McDavid? Okay on that last one I guarantee some weirdo would give me a billion dollars to do that but is money really more important than the game? Don't look at ads on the jerseys or helmets then answer that question. Still, I don't think I could give up that knowledge or their friendship.

Option 2:

Written Task: Offseason is good time to call your agent to make sure you both are on same page about your players career and any potential moves or upcoming contract negotiations that could be done during next season(s).

Agent could be someone who has been with your player since the beginning, relative or a old friend, or maybe a professional who oversees the finances of 20 or so other SHL players (while siphoning money from them all to buy more cards). They might only be hired for the contract negotiations or they might be just a call away to help your player with any problem they can think of.

Tom Pedersen, the veteran left winger for the Calgary Dragons, does not have an agent. This decision stems from his unique approach to his hockey career and his desire for greater autonomy in navigating the contract negotiations and career decisions.

From the outset of his career, Tom Pedersen has taken a hands-on approach to managing his professional affairs. He prides himself on his meticulous attention to detail and his ability to make well-informed decisions based on his own research and intuition. Instead of relying on an agent to handle his contract negotiations, Tom prefers to negotiate directly with team management, leveraging his strong communication skills and understanding of the industry to secure favorable deals.

Furthermore, Tom values the personal relationships he has built with team General Manager and management over the years. By handling negotiations himself, he believes he can foster stronger connections with his employers and maintain a greater degree of transparency and trust throughout the process. And without an agent Tom can also have this Hometown discount since he doesn’t have to pay a sleazy and money grabbing vulture of a so-called financial negotiator.

Tom takes a proactive approach to financial planning and investment, ensuring that he is well-prepared for life after hockey.
Overall, Tom Pedersen's decision not to have an agent reflects his confidence in his ability to advocate for himself and make informed decisions about his career. While some players may prefer to delegate these responsibilities to an agent, Tom embraces the challenge and opportunity to take control of his own destiny both on and off the ice. And he doesn’t like agents. If you didn’t notice.

Words: 271

[Image: TomPedersenCD.jpg]
[Image: cgv4vCv.png][Image: 3Kip7R0.png][Image: ivBf7yq.png][Image: cEbgUph.png]

Option 2:

Langston Hardison-Laurent’s agent is his cousin Gerfried Laurent, a Swiss agent who really only cared about LHL when he started playing decent hockey. (Similarly, Gerfried’s wife Lina is LHL’s banker. Her dad is a chocolatier). He was one of the main voices that convinced LHL to switch his IIHF nation to Switzerland (weird how that worked out). Gerfried was adamant about getting LHL drafted in the first round in the SHL after seeing his cousin fall to the fourth round in the J draft.

Gerfried loves being able to work in Northwestern Canada, so Gerfried wants to lock down LHL in Yukon for the next season with the impending Expansion draft and is looking to work in some stipulations into the next Contract with the Winnipeg Aurora. He will have an uphill battle not only with the GMs of Winnipeg but also with noted Aurora super agent Gary Bettman. Bettman wants the monopoly on Aurora players and with only 2 prospects, it’s tough competition. Will Gerfried hold onto his prize client or will Bettman poach LHL? That’s what Gerfried is calling to figure out.

[Image: lhlsigv2.jpg?ex=65cd244a&is=65baaf4a&hm=...5a69dcac4&]
Shoutout TheOPSquid for the Sig

Option 2:

Most of the career moves of Mänty were dictated by his parents when he was younger but when he went to the boot camp held by Björn Leppänen he also started making the connections which eventually got him into contact with the person who became his agent. James Jones III was making an article for Vancouver Times and had few words with Jani, but nothing more came of that. But as James Jones Jr had moved on from his job as talk show host in Vancouver he heard from his son about the promising Finn. When he saw Jani playing in Vancouver for first time he knew he wanted to have talk with him and thus took a plane to Great Falls. James Jones Jr worked out the details of the contract with Jani and his parents, JJ jr handles the contract negotiations for Jani and helped him with finding the home an settling in on great falls. So far contracts have been bit lacking but Jani isn't jumping the ship yet.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

Crystal's agent was, strangely enough, normally a soccer agent. Crystal had met him through her soon-to-be wife Jane, a professional soccer player, when she was still playing in Kelowna. The agent, who's name is Viktor Olofsson, was a very nice Scandinavian man who had been checking in with Jane when Crystal had come to visit her. When Viktor found out that Crystal didn't have an agent as a professional hockey player, he offered his services as-needed until he found a suitable hockey agent. Eventually though, the working relationship between VO and Crystal had become so beneficial that Crystal had been signed as his one and only non-soccer client. Viktor now represents both halves of the couple, who despite being a public-facing pro sports couple, led relatively tame lives compared to many of the pro footballers he represented. Crystal occasionally gets drunk and tweets mildly naughty things, mostly about how much she loves Jane, but that was nothing compared to clients driving drunk and crashing their Porsches into houses then screaming the name of their club as they walked away. Regardless, VO has become a trusted friend of the couple, including receiving an invitation to the wedding this summer.

[Image: 8FnCVh9.jpg.]

[Image: XigYVPM.png]

[Image: UmZVJaz.png]
[Image: 6gdbFeP.png][Image: auXbs4O.png]
[Image: 1oMA17u.png]